Author Topic: SOE Sneak Peek!  (Read 7724 times)

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
Re: SOE Sneak Peek!
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2016, 12:52:41 PM »
Well, wherever we each saw it, it was GREAT. It sounds, um, "big" is the best word I can come up with. Large, maybe. Expanding. I dunno.

Offline ecadad

• Staring at the Sun
  • 🐍
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2016, 12:58:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well, wherever we each saw it, it was GREAT. It sounds, um, "big" is the best word I can come up with. Large, maybe. Expanding. I dunno.

Edge is on fire, his guitar playing is really aggressive & full of rage. God is in the room and they put him in a bottle. It's the best album they've ever worked on; it gives them a reason to exist and is very relevant. They've just had the best few weeks in the studio they've ever had. There are probably 70 pieces they've worked on. Very accessible, but in a punk way. Epic.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 01:01:28 PM by ecadad »

iehomecoming

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2016, 12:59:16 PM »
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only technologically challenged person here.

Not indulging in the stupidity and narcissism that makes up 90% of "social media" doesn't make you technologically challenged. Not being able to set the clock on a VCR is another matter, and most people who consider themselves "tech savvy" because they have social media accounts wouldn't have been able to do that.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 01:00:16 PM »

at least you didn't stoop low and use the word epic...

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2016, 01:03:04 PM »

at least you didn't stoop low and use the word epic...
I may use "epic" after the next tour...

iehomecoming

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2016, 01:09:05 PM »

Edge is on fire, his guitar playing is really aggressive & full of rage. God is in the room and they put him in a bottle. It's the best album they've ever worked on; it gives them a reason to exist and is very relevant. They've just had the best few weeks in the studio they've ever had. There are probably 70 pieces they've worked on. Very accessible, but in a punk way. Epic.

A "like" for this post.

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2016, 01:13:07 PM »
Edges Guitar sounds really meaty,  hope the album sounds like this !!

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

Offline MR. Upson_Pratt

• Wanderer
  • There's not going to be any more DAMN BUGS
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2016, 01:24:38 PM »

You forgot the Punk Rock on Venus bit!

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2016, 01:33:18 PM »

:)

Offline emalvick

• Desert Rose
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2016, 02:07:56 PM »
All this excitement... lets not forget all those great snippets and promotional clips prior to Pop that had some pretty awesome stuff that got tamed down (relatively) for the album.  I'll be excited when I actually hear the album and it sounds like this new clip.  I'll be more excited if this sound is more than one track.  Far too many albums (not U2 specifically) these days show off one great song only to lead to disappointment when the rest of the album is boring.

Offline ecadad

• Staring at the Sun
  • 🐍
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2016, 02:18:57 PM »
U2's looking at all of our reactions and saying "well, we bought ourselves two more months before they start complaining about our vacations again".

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2016, 02:29:31 PM »

it's actually from Venus too.

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2016, 02:30:43 PM »

damn you beat me to it.

Offline ecadad

• Staring at the Sun
  • 🐍
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2016, 02:32:37 PM »

damn you beat me to it.

Oh, and I forgot that Edge is from the future, and a mad scientist!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 02:38:49 PM by ecadad »

Offline lucas.homem

• Numb
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2016, 03:03:17 PM »
This riff is great, but I hope the production, mixing and mastering won't kill this powerful raw sound.

And that the song as a whole be fitting of this punchy and grit feeling.