Author Topic: SOE Sneak Peek!  (Read 7831 times)

WookieeWarrior10

Re: SOE Sneak Peek!
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2016, 09:55:48 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You know what this situation reminds me of?  Back in 1996, in the early days of internet, I had a dial-up internet connection on my phone line.  If I remember correctly, when U2 were recording Pop they'd sometimes have a video or photo shot set up in the studio.  I think I remember they teased the riff from Discotheque before the album was released.  It took me a long time to download that 10-second snippet back then. 

Does anybody else remember this, or was I hallucinating?
I wasn't born yet, but I do know that is true.

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2016, 10:42:20 AM »
You know what this situation reminds me of?  Back in 1996, in the early days of internet, I had a dial-up internet connection on my phone line.  If I remember correctly, when U2 were recording Pop they'd sometimes have a video or photo shot set up in the studio.  I think I remember they teased the riff from Discotheque before the album was released.  It took me a long time to download that 10-second snippet back then. 

Does anybody else remember this, or was I hallucinating?

Nope, I remember it too. I think it was wav files we had to download, I'm still waiting for my Discotheque clip to finish....

Offline cocamojoe

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2016, 11:11:44 AM »
If no one has yet said it, I suspect that they're far more along w the new album than they've let on, and that we'll hear news either on Friday, when the new dvd comes out, or sometime relatively soon thereafter.

Offline ecadad

• Staring at the Sun
  • 🐍
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2016, 04:47:03 PM »
If no one has yet said it, I suspect that they're far more along w the new album than they've let on, and that we'll hear news either on Friday, when the new dvd comes out, or sometime relatively soon thereafter.

I'm thinking Monday June 13th we'll get some news...

iehomecoming

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2016, 05:03:59 PM »
Meh, a few out-of-context seconds. Nothing to see here.

I remember when 30 second snippets of each NLOTH song were released, expectations were high. look how that turned out.

lots of other stuff to listen to in the meantime.

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2016, 03:02:04 PM »

I'm thinking Monday June 13th we'll get some news...

Why do you think so?

I thought for a moment it was the same as the snippet on Fender's clip (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login from 4.00), but it isn't. I think The Edge is going the right way in both.