Author Topic: New material by end of the year?  (Read 12640 times)

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
Re: New material by end of the year?
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2016, 11:23:06 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
No standalone singles? Uh, "Invisible."
One could make the argument Invisible was the beginning of the same album/tour cycle. The rumor was this was to be the first single of the Danger Mouse album, but due to the tepid reaction they got scared and went back to work bringing in Epworth and Tedder.
Shame.
And due to the tepid reaction of the epworth and Tedder singles, they decided to continue working with them for songs of experience... nobody knows why.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2016, 01:27:46 PM »
I'm going to go to Songs of Experience's concert tour whenever it comes out.  For our thirtieth anniversary, we are planning to take in a concert in another city than our usual Detroit or Chicago.

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2016, 03:02:52 AM »
By new material, Bono will probably get a new shirt.

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2016, 05:13:11 AM »
One could make the argument Invisible was the beginning of the same album/tour cycle. The rumor was this was to be the first single of the Danger Mouse album, but due to the tepid reaction they got scared and went back to work bringing in Epworth and Tedder.
Shame.
And due to the tepid reaction of the epworth and Tedder singles, they decided to continue working with them for songs of experience... nobody knows why.

Tedder's Song for Someone was actually the biggest single off SOI.

While Tedder was mentioned in that "they have ATYLCB cover on the wall" interview, it wasn't said specifically he is producing. Or Epworth. As far as I know the only confirmed person working on SOE is Jacknife Lee based on their pictures, and even he might be mixing rather than producing.

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2016, 10:29:49 AM »
By new material, Bono will probably get a new shirt.
At least you get another place to nap.

Offline Smithy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2016, 10:59:51 AM »
One could make the argument Invisible was the beginning of the same album/tour cycle
. The rumor was this was to be the first single of the Danger Mouse album, but due to the tepid reaction they got scared and went back to work bringing in Epworth and Tedder.
Shame.

Tedder's Song for Someone was actually the biggest single off SOI.

While Tedder was mentioned in that "they have ATYLCB cover on the wall" interview, it wasn't said specifically he is producing. Or Epworth. As far as I know the only confirmed person working on SOE is Jacknife Lee based on their pictures, and even he might be mixing rather than producing.

Yeh he confirmed that he has only at this point acted as a 'consultant', which doesnt suprise me as One Republic are ready to release an album after promoting their latest single and he has also been working with The Killers on their new album too.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2016, 11:09:35 AM »
Shame.

Tedder's Song for Someone was actually the biggest single off SOI

Whilst that may be true it is a bit like saying the beggar at one end of the bridge with 3 quid in his cap and a cardboard box that is a week old is better off than the beggar at the other end with 2.50 in his cap and a box that is two weeks old.

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2016, 11:34:09 AM »
If it wasn't for Song for Someone, when would I have taken a bathroom break?

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
New material by end of the year?
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2016, 12:24:00 PM »
I was surprised that Adam wrote 'God bless', I'd always thought he, although spiritual, was the aetheist in the group.
I don't know for sure (obviously) but I read somewhere that when he went through rehab for his alcohol abuse, he became a person of faith. Who knows? I hope so!
I believe I heard Bono say that Adam was one of the most spiritual persons he knew, and that he was a man of God, even if it took him a long route to get there.  I suspect Adam's autobiography would be one of the more interesting of the band members.

Bono said that he was the most Zen person he knows. He's probably ventured into a spiritual aspect but most likely still atheist or maybe agnostic.

Adam said in so interview last year that it's very important about where you put your faith because it could bite you. The way he said it gave a pretty clear indication that he was not a believer, IMO.

I don't think he believes in the Christian god aspect. I think that since his wife is Brazilian that she most likely is Catholic and anything religious going on is most likely her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 12:40:34 PM by jenniferh aka jen »

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2016, 02:20:52 PM »
I was surprised that Adam wrote 'God bless', I'd always thought he, although spiritual, was the aetheist in the group.
I don't know for sure (obviously) but I read somewhere that when he went through rehab for his alcohol abuse, he became a person of faith. Who knows? I hope so!
I believe I heard Bono say that Adam was one of the most spiritual persons he knew, and that he was a man of God, even if it took him a long route to get there.  I suspect Adam's autobiography would be one of the more interesting of the band members.

Bono said that he was the most Zen person he knows. He's probably ventured into a spiritual aspect but most likely still atheist or maybe agnostic.

Adam said in so interview last year that it's very important about where you put your faith because it could bite you. The way he said it gave a pretty clear indication that he was not a believer, IMO.

I don't think he believes in the Christian god aspect. I think that since his wife is Brazilian that she most likely is Catholic and anything religious going on is most likely her.

Do you not like Adam's wife?

I just get the impression whenever i read a post where you mention her that you don't...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 02:32:44 PM by an tha »

Offline Caiaphas

• Wanderer
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2016, 03:35:23 PM »
I had a dream sometime early this morning that u2 released a new song called 'sunspot' or something similar to that.  It may or may not have been the lead single off of SOE,  in fact it may have been just a very bold song to put out there in the summertime.  I can only describe this song as very aggressive and fast,  with soaring guitars and vocals,  perhaps a bit like the beginning of 'gone' in some places,  though with more urgency. 

If you can imagine a giant fireball flying around the sun one minute and then a  massive void the next, this is probably what the song sounded like.  There is a place you can see and hear all of this some distance up and away from the noise of industry and technology.  When you come to this place you will witness the day and night sharing the same space,  stars twinkle into the melting horizon and puffy pastel clouds chase away any shadows of heaven's hidden treasure. 

In my dream,  that is.  For I am just a nobody who knows no-one and i have had these dreams before....and they usually turn out wrong or ridiculous...so take it for what its worth.  Just don't look back if they tell you not to....

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2016, 05:24:39 PM »
A very strange thing....I dreamt before the night before the Colorado shooting that I was crouched in an aisle in a theater with loud blasts going on around me.  Then I woke up the next day to the news of the theater shooting.  Something that close to reality never happened to me before.  It was really freaky.

Offline Caiaphas

• Wanderer
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2016, 05:47:27 PM »
A very strange thing....I dreamt before the night before the Colorado shooting that I was crouched in an aisle in a theater with loud blasts going on around me.  Then I woke up the next day to the news of the theater shooting.  Something that close to reality never happened to me before.  It was really freaky.

:(

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2016, 06:21:44 PM »

Do you not like Adam's wife?

I just get the impression whenever i read a post where you mention her that you don't...

No, but that's not why I said that.

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2016, 08:27:30 PM »
I had a dream sometime early this morning that u2 released a new song called 'sunspot' or something similar to that.  It may or may not have been the lead single off of SOE,  in fact it may have been just a very bold song to put out there in the summertime.  I can only describe this song as very aggressive and fast,  with soaring guitars and vocals,  perhaps a bit like the beginning of 'gone' in some places,  though with more urgency. 

If you can imagine a giant fireball flying around the sun one minute and then a  massive void the next, this is probably what the song sounded like.  There is a place you can see and hear all of this some distance up and away from the noise of industry and technology.  When you come to this place you will witness the day and night sharing the same space,  stars twinkle into the melting horizon and puffy pastel clouds chase away any shadows of heaven's hidden treasure. 

In my dream,  that is.  For I am just a nobody who knows no-one and i have had these dreams before....and they usually turn out wrong or ridiculous...so take it for what its worth.  Just don't look back if they tell you not to....

By chance did it sound anything like what Adam posted on Instagram last week?