Author Topic: New material by end of the year?  (Read 13183 times)

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
Re: New material by end of the year?
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2016, 10:41:09 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I had a dream sometime early this morning that u2 released a new song called 'sunspot' or something similar to that.  It may or may not have been the lead single off of SOE,  in fact it may have been just a very bold song to put out there in the summertime.  I can only describe this song as very aggressive and fast,  with soaring guitars and vocals,  perhaps a bit like the beginning of 'gone' in some places,  though with more urgency. 

If you can imagine a giant fireball flying around the sun one minute and then a  massive void the next, this is probably what the song sounded like.  There is a place you can see and hear all of this some distance up and away from the noise of industry and technology.  When you come to this place you will witness the day and night sharing the same space,  stars twinkle into the melting horizon and puffy pastel clouds chase away any shadows of heaven's hidden treasure. 

In my dream,  that is.  For I am just a nobody who knows no-one and i have had these dreams before....and they usually turn out wrong or ridiculous...so take it for what its worth.  Just don't look back if they tell you not to....

By chance did it sound anything like what Adam posted on Instagram last week?

I don't think so....not enough from Adam's clip to know if it sounded something like a dream or not....which makes me wonder if my dream was even real or a figment of my own very active imagination.  I mean,  how can you actually hear things in a dream?  Except that you do because it has to be that way. 

What if death....the afterlife....is one very open ended dream?  I occasionally see people in that state who are no longer in this particular state of consciousness.  I interact with these people,  sometimes with words,  other times just an understanding which is perhaps a higher level of communication altogether. 

I know where i am going with this but it's a little bit difficult to put it out there.....maybe that is whats in store for us?

I get what you're saying. You are probably visualizing the sounds and your brain is reinterpreting them as audible so you can comprehend it in a conscious state. The unconscious state is more vivid.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2016, 08:00:14 AM »
Some really awful people photograph well and have eyes that look, well, kind.  Deceptively so, of course.  Some of the pics of the Orlando shooter made him look like a sweet, guy-next-door kind of person.

I saw pictures like that too but he still gave me weird vibes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline emalvick

• Desert Rose
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2016, 01:32:20 PM »
How fair is it to have an opinion of someone like that in hind-sight.  There is always something weird when I see the photos of a shooter or terrorist after they've done their act. 

I generally don't have opinions of people without knowing something about them even if it may be by association, which I don't think is particularly correct (i.e. I don't have a high opinion of anyone associated with Donald Trump). 

But appearances mean very little, and I don't think people give me a bad vibe or look particularly bad until I know more about them.

Offline Philaboy1971

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2016, 09:21:47 PM »
Only a fool really knows when the new album will be out, but the walls in someone's French beach house will hear it before us.

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2016, 06:06:32 AM »
Bono lives in NYC now, beach clips will never be heard again.

Offline Macawaca

• Babyface
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2016, 07:51:56 AM »
From Billboard interview, dated today:

"In March you said that the band hoped to get back on the road sooner rather than later. When is sooner?

That statement still holds true. Short of announcing the plan, which I can’t right now, we’re still on target to get out there sooner rather than later.

You’re calling from the studio. What is the time table for the new album?

We are still busting our ass to try to get it out this year. That’s our plan right now and exactly when, we’re not sure. Now a U2 album plan has been known to be revised (laughs). This is the working assumption. This is our ambition. It could change, but we’re really doing our best to get it out this year. "

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2016, 08:08:14 AM »
I have a feeling the band will release the album on the 26th September 2016, 40 years and 1 day since they were formed.

That would be cool......

Offline ecadad

• Staring at the Sun
  • 🐍
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2016, 08:28:25 AM »
Edge says they're "busting our asses" working on it

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2016, 08:33:22 AM »
I had a dream sometime early this morning that u2 released a new song called 'sunspot' or something similar to that.  It may or may not have been the lead single off of SOE,  in fact it may have been just a very bold song to put out there in the summertime.  I can only describe this song as very aggressive and fast,  with soaring guitars and vocals,  perhaps a bit like the beginning of 'gone' in some places,  though with more urgency. 

If you can imagine a giant fireball flying around the sun one minute and then a  massive void the next, this is probably what the song sounded like.  There is a place you can see and hear all of this some distance up and away from the noise of industry and technology.  When you come to this place you will witness the day and night sharing the same space,  stars twinkle into the melting horizon and puffy pastel clouds chase away any shadows of heaven's hidden treasure. 

In my dream,  that is.  For I am just a nobody who knows no-one and i have had these dreams before....and they usually turn out wrong or ridiculous...so take it for what its worth.  Just don't look back if they tell you not to....

By chance did it sound anything like what Adam posted on Instagram last week?

I don't think so....not enough from Adam's clip to know if it sounded something like a dream or not....which makes me wonder if my dream was even real or a figment of my own very active imagination.  I mean,  how can you actually hear things in a dream?  Except that you do because it has to be that way. 

What if death....the afterlife....is one very open ended dream?  I occasionally see people in that state who are no longer in this particular state of consciousness.  I interact with these people,  sometimes with words,  other times just an understanding which is perhaps a higher level of communication altogether. 

I know where i am going with this but it's a little bit difficult to put it out there.....maybe that is whats in store for us?

I get what you're saying. You are probably visualizing the sounds and your brain is reinterpreting them as audible so you can comprehend it in a conscious state. The unconscious state is more vivid.
[/color]
mmmmmmhh, you're beginning to sound like bono now. I don't quite know if that's a good or bad thing.

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2016, 09:42:08 AM »
It is great Edge mentioned that tour dates may come soon. Vacation plans back on hold. Please!

Offline Philaboy1971

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2016, 09:54:37 AM »
I.....Love New York!!!!!

Offline Philaboy1971

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2016, 09:57:05 AM »
Maybe I'll be on the beach at the Jersey Shore this summer and a DJ will tell me surprise, check out the new U2 single. ☀️☀️

Offline TalkinBoutTurtle

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2016, 09:54:35 PM »
Didn't Thedge say they're gonna try by the Fall to release the next one? Which means 2019.

Offline Bono in Melbourne

• Wanderer
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2016, 11:02:04 PM »
I.....Love New York!!!!!

My mail is the Tour starts here in Australia in February.

I have a mate who owns a pub in Fitzroy and it was where Bono hung out last time he was in Melbourne.

Anyway; I was in there on Friday night having a swifty after work and he said to me that he had been emailing or instagraming Bono and Bono had said “Keep February free as we will be back down under to paint Good ol’ Melbourne Town a few shades of red” , he was extremely excited.
As anyone knows; once Bono makes a friend; he makes a friend for Life!

So it looks like the February tour will be Down Under.
With the release of new music anytime from November to January.
This makes sense on two fronts; in the past U2 have used Australia to be the springboard to their new work.

Rattle and Hum and Zooropa both debuted here as far as songs were concerned.

And it is the middle of Summer down here in February and U2 love the Australian Summers.

When they tour; they always tour in our Summer.

Offline Philaboy1971

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2016, 08:37:06 PM »
Would love to visit Australia. As long as they're touring somewhere, I'll be happy.