Author Topic: Bono's strategy of loving Muslim terrorists is off to a poor start  (Read 4503 times)

Offline jrodr079

• Refugee
Re: Bono's strategy of loving Muslim terrorists is off to a poor start
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2016, 03:59:16 AM »
There are opinion editorials everywhere today agreeing with my premise. (See below from Economic Times)

"The situation is that millions of refugees are walking into Europe, from war-torn region, who are predominantly Muslim and they are marching into a Christian-dominated region, which houses the holiest place in Christian faith.

In addition to that, there exist a serious risk that many radicals may have come to the shores of Europe along with the refugees, which increase the risks of an attack in the European soil. A recent survey by Pew Research center shows the majority of the people in Europe believes that the risk of an attack in increasing with migrant flows."

Offline imedi

• Child of Grace
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2016, 04:47:08 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There are opinion editorials everywhere today agreeing with my premise. (See below from Economic Times)

"The situation is that millions of refugees are walking into Europe, from war-torn region, who are predominantly Muslim and they are marching into a Christian-dominated region, which houses the holiest place in Christian faith.

In addition to that, there exist a serious risk that many radicals may have come to the shores of Europe along with the refugees, which increase the risks of an attack in the European soil. A recent survey by Pew Research center shows the majority of the people in Europe believes that the risk of an attack in increasing with migrant flows."
ask anybody who lives in france about tentions that existed there long before the wars in libya iraq or syria,,,refugees or not these attacks would happen anyway

Offline pdk

• Refugee
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2016, 05:59:29 AM »

ask anybody who lives in france about tentions that existed there long before the wars in libya iraq or syria,,,refugees or not these attacks would happen anyway

The risk is definitely increasing regardless of who perpetrated this attack.

Muslims make up .9% (over 60% of these are immigrants - PEW) of the US population and are responsible for well over 30% of all terrorist crimes in the US. It stands to reason that the risk increases as the population of Islamic believers increases.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 06:24:19 AM by pdk »

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2016, 09:54:51 PM »
    I just can't accept that we should view these attacks as inevitable.  As far as I'm concerned, they are 100% preventable if you can somehow figure out who is a potential perpetrator and do prevention work.
    I do appreciate Bono's kindheartedness, but I think we have to use our heads as well as our hearts.  Bono's home has security measures that most of us are unable to access.  Protecting one's family and one's country does not mean that you are racist or unkind in my opinion.  That being said, I believe Trump and co. have gone too far.  There needs to be a reasonable middle ground that takes into account the needs of all parties affected.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2016, 07:22:29 AM »
I'm not a computer wiz but all the chatter that they find on fb and tweeter etc
i dont know how in this day & age we can track down ip addresses or whatever
more...i know people know how to change all that on their phone but they
should be allowed accress somehow to communicate and when they do to
coordinate an attack on innocents, we can locate the location...whether its
the person him or herself doing it or the ring leaders setting it up...

When Bono made those comments, it was earlier and since then there has
been many more attacks around the globe, he may not feel the same about it
now and maybe after Nice, I dont know...

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2016, 07:26:46 AM »
It is sure getting harder and harder to forgive...love thy neighbor is fine, but love thy terrorists? NAH. sorry, but I'm just not strong enough to do that.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2016, 08:43:23 AM »
Religion and people's interpretation/twisting of it has been a major source of evil since the dawn of time.

The world would be a better place without it.

It is of course way too late now and just like always people will continue to spread misery and death and wars will wage all in the name of religion/belief.

I always come back to this quote whenever anyone talks about religion to me:

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea."

iehomecoming

« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2016, 08:45:13 AM »
You mean the "coexist" bumper stickers and tweets haven't helped ? 

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2016, 08:49:26 AM »
You mean the "coexist" bumper stickers and tweets haven't helped ?

:)

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2016, 08:52:24 AM »
Religion and people's interpretation/twisting of it has been a major source of evil since the dawn of time.

It is of course way too late now and just like always people will continue to spread misery and death and wars will wage all in the name of religion/belief.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea."
Agreed, An Tha...I am a person of great faith, but subscribe to no religion. Religion has been the cause of just about every war.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2016, 08:54:14 AM »

Agreed, An Tha...I am a person of great faith, but subscribe to no religion. Religion has been the cause of just about every war.

Sadly - yes.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2016, 09:40:00 PM »
I think it's more religious fundamentalism that causes the trouble, An Tha.  Religion in itself can be a force for good, but not when it includes a need to tell others how to live their lives, which is a characteristic of fundamentalist religious thought.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2016, 12:51:06 AM »
I think it's more religious fundamentalism that causes the trouble, An Tha.  Religion in itself can be a force for good, but not when it includes a need to tell others how to live their lives, which is a characteristic of fundamentalist religious thought.

Yes. I believe i talked about extremes originally... still religion though ultimately and for me the world would be a better place without it.

I personally fail to see the good and how it even scratches in the slightest way the surface of all the bad it has caused.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2016, 05:19:02 AM »

Yes. I believe i talked about extremes originally... still religion though ultimately and for me the world would be a better place without it.

I personally fail to see the good and how it even scratches in the slightest way the surface of all the bad it has caused.
Some people really need the religious structure, An Tha. I'm glad that I don't...I just dig the Big Guy in the sky!

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2016, 10:33:48 AM »

Some people really need the religious structure, An Tha. I'm glad that I don't...I just dig the Big Guy in the sky!

Good for you - and I do mean that....I don't believe at all and that works for me....It isn't an ignorant or blind 'not believing' stance either I have read - read the bible, been to church etc and to me it was all just B.S. - religion gives people a structure and something to belong to though and for those it works for well good for them.....if they genuinely believe it helps them and betters them or enriches their lives etc - again good for them.

I stand by my statement that it causes much more harm than it does good.