Author Topic: Bono's strategy of loving Muslim terrorists is off to a poor start  (Read 4507 times)

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
Re: Bono's strategy of loving Muslim terrorists is off to a poor start
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2016, 10:39:33 AM »
I can't argue with any of that...organized religion has surely done some major harm over the years. It's one of many reasons that I stay away from the church, although I agree that it does many folks much good, and yeah, good for them.  My church is the great outdoors...

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2016, 06:09:55 PM »
so much of religiosity, beliefs and 'faith' is driven by a fear of what awaits them post-life on earth if they (God forbid - pun intended) do not practice a life of devotion and prayer.  Better get to church or face the wrath of God... as every good Catholic is taught from Day 1 of the church of fear school... that was my experience.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2016, 06:30:37 PM »
   And I could really care less if you believe or not, An Tha.  You are probably a good person of faith (in something) without having a current need to adhere to religious thought.  I personally think that God can sort out the people of good will (religious or atheist or whatever) and doesn't need to rely on religious labels to do so.
    And yet there has been a lot of good done in the name of Christ, including the saints, martyrs, and everyday folks who sacrifice for others.  Maximillian Kolbe in Germany would be a fine example--a person who gave up his life for another prisoner when someone was going to be punished in the Nazi death camps.