Author Topic: Rating Pop! Again!  (Read 2607 times)

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
Re: Rating Pop! Again!
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2016, 11:25:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There's a common phrase "the blind leading the blind", to describe a hopeless situation. Like when my computer illiterate father tries to teach my mother how to use email.

Now there's also a common stereotype that blondes are dumb.

So basically he's just playing with the phrase a little.

I know what he was doing... it just did not work... for me anyway...

LightMyWay92

Re: Rating Pop! Again!
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2016, 03:42:11 PM »
Am I the only one who actually likes the album version of IGWSHA (and doesn't care for the single version)?  I wouldn't consider it close to U2 at their best, but I thoroughly enjoy that song just asuch as I did in 97/98.
I do think the "cartoon network/news" sounds more appropriate for the current day than in '97.  The blind leading the blonde is kind of clever:)

no, it's a great song despite 1) some questionable lyrics and 2) it is too quiet on the album... I always feel the need to turn up the volume to hear the intro.... I like subtlety dont get me wrong, it just needs a touch more oomph.....
I've always liked that song even though it's very moody and somber, like a lot of songs on "Pop."  The "Cartoon Network" and "Country songs" lines are a little distracting, but it's still good.

Cartoon network is a great line... the image is so relevant today as the 'news' is mostly a joke because it's largely entertainment at least in the US on cable and so to me it's a very prescient lyric.

Now, as for 'the blind leading the blonde...' ... WTF???