Author Topic: Updates on Album and Tour finally  (Read 13638 times)

Offline Chargedvt

• Intellectual Tortoise
Updates on Album and Tour finally
« on: August 02, 2016, 06:41:54 AM »
A U2 site "U2 en Espana" spoke to band members about the album and tour.

*Bono says album not finished yet and tour in 2017, but may see a few things in Sep/Oct
*Adam says album and tour in next 6 months
*Gavin Friday says tour next year

As for the validity of this, I'm sure some will doubt and some will believe.
Looks like about February launch for the next leg of the tour.

Here's the full story
Bono, Adam Clayton and Gavin Friday about new album and tour

As you all probably know the city of Valencia received some very special visitors last week. Bono, The Edge and Adam Clayton arrived there on Thursday July 28th to attend the wedding of his friend Reggie Manuel. The irish man, childhood friend of Bono, married his valencian girlfriend on Friday 29th. The members of the band, together with Ali and Morleigh, wives of Bono and The Edge respectively, and Guggi and Gavin Friday enjoyed the city and its cuisine since their arrival on Thursday afternoon and until they left on Saturday evening. Sharon Blankson, responsible for group costumes for years was also with them. If you want to know more about the visit please check U2Valencia.com. For obvious reasons they made a more detailed coverage of the visit.
About the activity of the group, we had the opportunity to personally ask Bono, Adam Clayton and Gavin Friday about Songs of Experience and the tour.
About the record Bono told us that "It's not finished yet but you will like it. In terms of lyrics it is stronger than WAR, it has more clarity ". His words remind us his comments about previous releases kind of "The Edge is on fire ... .Rock from Venus". We also asked him about the tour and this is what he told us: "The second part of the tour is for 2017 ... You might see a few things in September or October though." Once again his words are not very clear but the feeling is that the new leg of the tour will not begin until 2017 and that these appearances that he mentioned would be similar to those already announced for Salesforce or iHeart Radio. We will have to wait for an official confirmation once again.
We could also ask Adam about the album and the tour and he answered us with a "Soon ... .in the next six months"
Finally, we met Gavin Friday and shared with him Bono's words on the clarity and power of the letters of SOE versus WAR. "Really? Mmmmm ... .no ... .I do not think so" he said. Regarding the tour in 2016, he was also clear: "No. I don’t think so. Next year "
As usual, the words of the group are not very clear and we know that their plans change quite often but we might conclude that the disk is not yet finished and that it seems that the tour will not resume until 2017.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 06:44:42 AM by Chargedvt »

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
Re: Updates on Album and Tour finally
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 07:58:08 AM »
I'm going to look at this in a positive manner...tour not until 2017, good! It will give me more time to save money for tickets...
sigh

Offline tommyboy6913

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 07:59:34 AM »
Thanks for sharing this article with us. At least the band members themselves are saying the album's release is close. :D

Offline lucas.homem

• Numb
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 08:01:55 AM »
It has the sound of the truth.

Offline MASTER YODA

• Staring at the Sun
  • Patriots 2017!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 09:23:09 AM »
Seems poorly written not sure if I believe it.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 09:29:23 AM »
I'd be curious, if they do tour in 2017, if they keep the same staging, or scrap it in favor of something else.  I could easily see them ditching the whole bridge/screen thing and doing something more stripped down.  I would hope so, in fact.

Offline Basskid

• Staring at the Sun
  • Even the hands of love...
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 09:29:52 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'd be curious, if they do tour in 2017, if they keep the same staging, or scrap it in favor of something else.  I could easily see them ditching the whole bridge/screen thing and doing something more stripped down.  I would hope so, in fact.

It's a translation though. 

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 09:36:17 AM »

It's a translation though. 

Yes, original was in Spanish, this is the Google translate version.

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 10:49:12 AM »
Same old U2...

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 11:13:27 AM »
For a band who average an album about every 4 years over the last 20 odd years the fact that they may well be on course to release one a fair bit less than 3 years after their last one is potentially (depending on how good it is) a good thing and a positive change in the bands release habits.

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 11:28:49 AM »
I don't see much to get excited about. The album appears to be nowhere near done and the tour won't start until at least 2017. We still have a long way to go.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 12:03:58 PM »
I don't see much to get excited about. The album appears to be nowhere near done and the tour won't start until at least 2017. We still have a long way to go.

Surely those 'facts' in themselves represent a big  improvement on their usual timescales....the last tour only ended 7 months ago...another just over a year later is pretty quick for u2....last album was not quite 2 years ago - another maybe 2 and a half years later is again pretty quick for u2.

This is potentially easily as prolific as they have been for over 20 years.

Offline ecadad

• Staring at the Sun
  • 🐍
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 12:19:09 PM »
I chuckled when I saw this part:

" About the record Bono told us that "It's not finished yet but you will like it. In terms of lyrics it is stronger than WAR, it has more clarity"... We met Gavin Friday and shared with him Bono's words on the clarity and power of the letters of SOE versus WAR. "Really? Mmmmm ... .no ... .I do not think so" he said. "

Oh Bono

Offline Swan269

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • I will sing a new song
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 12:23:44 PM »
I chuckled when I saw this part:

" About the record Bono told us that "It's not finished yet but you will like it. In terms of lyrics it is stronger than WAR, it has more clarity"... We met Gavin Friday and shared with him Bono's words on the clarity and power of the letters of SOE versus WAR. "Really? Mmmmm ... .no ... .I do not think so" he said. "

Oh Bono

this is hilarious.

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 12:23:58 PM »
You never know we might get a new single in september, album end/begging of next year & new tour for 2017, Sounds good to me :-)

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk