Author Topic: Updates on Album and Tour finally  (Read 13642 times)

Offline Bono in Melbourne

• Wanderer
Re: Updates on Album and Tour finally
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2016, 11:42:23 PM »
Bono is extremely loyal and mucks around with the same people in the same cities when he visits there.

If you listen to Bono's rap during Beautiful Day when U2 was last in Melbourne at Ettihad Stadium; he mentions my mate and watching the sun rise over St Kilda bay with him which they did together the night before the concert.

My mate is genuine and he has kept in contact with Bono ever since.

As he owns a pub; which is an old fashioned pub; Bono felt right at home there and just was able to hang out like one of the local patrons which is what he wants.

Anyway; take it from me that U2 have debuted material in Australia before so it is characteristic of their previous style which happened on Zooropa and Rattle and Hum.

Remember the concert that Adam was too drunk to perform and the back up bassist had to take over.

That was debuting Zooropa in Australia.

So I reckon my mail is sweet.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2016, 01:11:25 AM »
I do love how this place gets its collective knickers in a twist over when a new album/tour is happening or not.

Offline Kim

• Wanderer
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2016, 01:56:37 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It's August already and they still haven't announced tickets? 2 months is enough to sell a decent amount of tickets but to sell the whole arena??

Wow, tickets for 2 shows were sold out in 1 hour! Where do you live? It's always a stressy moment to get tickets.

Waffles

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2016, 03:24:35 AM »
It's August already and they still haven't announced tickets? 2 months is enough to sell a decent amount of tickets but to sell the whole arena??

Wow, tickets for 2 shows were sold out in 1 hour! Where do you live? It's always a stressy moment to get tickets.

Hi Kim, I see you joined the forum after the last leg. I live in Los Angeles where they barely sold the fifth show. This band likes to see every single show sold out and was displeased at sales enough to cancel 3 concerts in my town.  Tickets did not sell out for all shows. 2 shows in one city is around 30,000 people. But in a city like New York with a grand total of around 160,000 (the average concert size for 2 nights of 360) they didn't succesfully sell out every single night. (Tickets here and there...) This caused uproar and concern in many threads regarding relevance and what the band likes to see. As for the stress, I do not have this issue. I like to be calm and relaxed while buying tickets. A smooth jazz rhythm and a croissant does the trick 😁
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:28:33 AM by Waffles »

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2016, 03:26:45 AM »
Hmm, I used to be a regular at this Fitzroy watering hole, but moved south of the river. Might have to go north again.

North and south of the river. Might be a song in that.

I want to reach out over the Yarra
And have a beer across the water

Walk with you along a Fitzroy road
Not looking over my shoulder

I want to see, and I want to hear
To understand your gossip
But we're north & south of the river

I've been scratching it wrong all of my life
This kitty litter town has turned me over
An alley cat running from an outstanding bar tab
But the beer from the tap just got colder and colder
There was a furball that had its way
Fur was not lost, fur will have it's day
North & south of the river
North & south of the river
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:37:02 AM by The Edges Cat »

Offline Nico

• Refugee
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2016, 04:43:33 AM »
Like it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2016, 05:13:23 AM »
I do love how this place gets its collective knickers in a twist over when a new album/tour is happening or not.
And, yes, THERE IT IS!

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2016, 05:21:25 AM »
So, what's up with Bono saying that SOE has more power and clarity than War and then Gavin Friday according to the article says Really? I don't think so. 

So does Gavin think that SOE is not as good as War?  If so,  I can see this turning into more delays as Bono would take his opinion seriously.  This is where the second guessing comes in.  I can see 2017 turning into 2018 and we seen this all before.  This album is not coming out anytime soon.

Offline Kim

• Wanderer
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2016, 05:21:25 AM »

Hi Kim, I see you joined the forum after the last leg. I live in Los Angeles where they barely sold the fifth show. This band likes to see every single show sold out and was displeased at sales enough to cancel 3 concerts in my town.  Tickets did not sell out for all shows. 2 shows in one city is around 30,000 people. But in a city like New York with a grand total of around 160,000 (the average concert size for 2 nights of 360) they didn't succesfully sell out every single night. (Tickets here and there...) This caused uproar and concern in many threads regarding relevance and what the band likes to see. As for the stress, I do not have this issue. I like to be calm and relaxed while buying tickets. A smooth jazz rhythm and a croissant does the trick 😁

We missed the Elevation, Vertigo and 360 tours because tickets were sold very fast or the website crashed. And we hadn't enough money to visit another country. So we are very happy we had tickets for the IE-tour. Wanted to go 2 nights but only able to buy for 1 night. But it's good to know that there are always tickets available in the us. Never been in the us, so we can combine it with vacation.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2016, 06:02:35 AM »
If you want a ticket to see u2 you will get one easily enough.....no need to get stressed....no real need to part with money to join the fan club thing to get a pre sale code....plenty of tickets to meet demand and easy to get...

No need to pay over the odds on the legalised touting sites like get me in et al either.

Also there were ticket drops before and on the day last tour regularly including standing.

Offline Neil Young, man!

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2016, 06:04:17 AM »
Does U2 have to be the biggest band in the world for us to like them? Or just popular enough to want to keep going? I fear the band feels that "if we are not the biggest and relevant to all we are therefore bad and may as well give up". They could go less for the middle of the road and be popular and cool instead of everyone's band and uncool. If that means "only" selling almost all tickets to shows, well they can afford it.

It is time for a cool, but non-relevant album. And a less rehearsed show. Did I mention the club gig at the Roxy in LA? More like that.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2016, 06:10:58 AM »
The things that made u2 so likeable and arguably great in the early days - the ambition, the wide eyed desire to reach out to everybody and be huge are in my view now the things that hold them back/spoil them...

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2016, 06:52:07 AM »

Bono is extremely loyal and mucks around with the same people in the same cities when he visits there.

If you listen to Bono's rap during Beautiful Day when U2 was last in Melbourne at Ettihad Stadium; he mentions my mate and watching the sun rise over St Kilda bay with him which they did together the night before the concert.

He doesn't mention anyone by name, you're probably talking about the vertigo tour anyway (not 360) and sure, he mentions St Kilda and sunrises...

My mate is genuine and he has kept in contact with Bono ever since.

As he owns a pub; which is an old fashioned pub; Bono felt right at home there and just was able to hang out like one of the local patrons which is what he wants.

So, your mate is Paul or Vince?

Anyway; take it from me that U2 have debuted material in Australia before so it is characteristic of their previous style which happened on Zooropa and Rattle and Hum.

Remember the concert that Adam was too drunk to perform and the back up bassist had to take over.

That was debuting Zooropa in Australia.

Well, it was the second last show of zoo TV here. Zooropa was released months earlier and tracks had been played in Europe already

So I reckon my mail is sweet.

I reckon you're being a tad creative.

But I hope you're right.

Offline Neil Young, man!

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2016, 07:49:22 AM »
The things that made u2 so likeable and arguably great in the early days - the ambition, the wide eyed desire to reach out to everybody and be huge are in my view now the things that hold them back/spoil them...

sounds right

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2016, 08:06:08 AM »
Does U2 have to be the biggest band in the world for us to like them? Or just popular enough to want to keep going? I fear the band feels that "if we are not the biggest and relevant to all we are therefore bad and may as well give up". They could go less for the middle of the road and be popular and cool instead of everyone's band and uncool. If that means "only" selling almost all tickets to shows, well they can afford it.

It is time for a cool, but non-relevant album. And a less rehearsed show. Did I mention the club gig at the Roxy in LA? More like that.

But what would it take to even obtain that respect/hipster street cred/whatever you call it again? Recording ambient/art school music all the time? Never doing interviews we can overanalyze each time?