Author Topic: Updates on Album and Tour finally  (Read 13632 times)

Offline Bono in Melbourne

• Wanderer
Re: Updates on Album and Tour finally
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2016, 07:03:34 PM »
Great so do I. Isn't it an amazing City. old school European with a dash of Asia and the best from the Americas. All with that certain special slant that only the sublimeness of us Aussies can put on it. The café and food culture is unreal. The defined seasons and gorgeous long late summer and autumn. No wonder Bono and the boys want to be out here in February. 

And the mighty beautiful Yarra slowly meandering out to the bay.

And yes, we have all seen many spectacular sunrises and sunsets in St Kilda looking out over Port Phillip Bay.

I love a nice swim in the St Kilda sea baths and then watching the sun in its wildest reds and yellows and purples as it slowly sets over the bay.

St Kilda, sunsets and sunrises are one of the most spectacular sites in the world and the second most instagramed picture in Australia behind the Sydney Harbour bridge.

Offline marcovox

• Wanderer
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2016, 07:19:46 PM »
I think the rumor is true.  The thing that makes me believe it is the iHeart Radio and DreamForce performances.  I'm surprised some of you are as pessemistic with this current rumor considering these two performances. 

Brah, you know U2.  They wouldn't be playing these two gigs for fun.  You know that.  They like to group things together, get the press and media ball rolling just before big announcements and plans.  They wouldn't waste (more so iHeart) these events and then release the album 12 months from now.  They're too old for that.  They make the most of their appearances.  This is why I believe, and I'm shocked others aren't immediately optimistic, that these two performances are sure bet indicators that we're getting a new album and tour rallll soon. And besides, they're not going to split the I+E tour up by 3 or 4 years.  Because it is 1 tour.  They wouldn't have called it that if that's not what they intended. 

I know the last... 4 records have been pushed back, but I don't think this one is going to happen.  Maybe the album into early 2017, but not the tour.  We'll get a new single in the fall.  Probably album in late November just in time for award season and Christmas, as they've always done. And they're going to be just an abundance of soundbites and these two events coming up. 

So yeah... I'm putting a hard bet on new material sooner than you think.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2016, 08:58:21 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I live in Melbourne.

Party at briscoe's.

• Wanderer
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2016, 09:48:23 PM »
U2 have been looking for a new sound for awhile but all that has done has meant they have over produced their last two albums without any real stand out tunes.

Here is the formula for U2 success on an album.

1) Sound like U2
2) Make a single that is a hit.
3) Make the album as raw as possible.
4) Sound like U2

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2016, 09:58:20 PM »
Great so do I. Isn't it an amazing City. old school European with a dash of Asia and the best from the Americas. All with that certain special slant that only the sublimeness of us Aussies can put on it. The café and food culture is unreal. The defined seasons and gorgeous long late summer and autumn. No wonder Bono and the boys want to be out here in February. 

And yes, we have all seen many spectacular sunrises and sunsets in St Kilda looking out over Port Phillip Bay.

I love a nice swim in the St Kilda sea baths and then watching the sun in its wildest reds and yellows and purples as it slowly sets over the bay.

St Kilda, sunsets and sunrises are one of the most spectacular sites in the world and the second most instagramed picture in Australia behind the Sydney Harbour bridge.

Does it bother you gents that Sydney is such a superior city?   8)

• Wanderer
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2016, 10:06:37 PM »
That's your perception and you are entitled to it but tbh, that is just an opinion..

the argument is actually mute.

for every fantastic thing about Sydney; you can find a fantastic thing about Melbourne...

Sydney might have the Harbour but Melbourne wins "World's Most liveable City" and "World's Sporting Capital" every year..

All the Superbands tour both cities. Sydney and Melbourne being so close in location actually make them a very commercially viable for tours. If one of them didn't exist; then we wouldn't see half the bands we do on our shores.

So Melbourne and Sydney co-exist like two fighting siblings that really need each other.

we are blessed to have a wonderful country with a number of brilliant cities in it.

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2016, 10:07:22 PM »
I think the rumor is true.  The thing that makes me believe it is the iHeart Radio and DreamForce performances.  I'm surprised some of you are as pessemistic with this current rumor considering these two performances. 

Brah, you know U2.  They wouldn't be playing these two gigs for fun.  You know that.  They like to group things together, get the press and media ball rolling just before big announcements and plans.  They wouldn't waste (more so iHeart) these events and then release the album 12 months from now.  They're too old for that.  They make the most of their appearances.  This is why I believe, and I'm shocked others aren't immediately optimistic, that these two performances are sure bet indicators that we're getting a new album and tour rallll soon. And besides, they're not going to split the I+E tour up by 3 or 4 years.  Because it is 1 tour.  They wouldn't have called it that if that's not what they intended. 

I know the last... 4 records have been pushed back, but I don't think this one is going to happen.  Maybe the album into early 2017, but not the tour.  We'll get a new single in the fall.  Probably album in late November just in time for award season and Christmas, as they've always done. And they're going to be just an abundance of soundbites and these two events coming up. 

You're suggesting that U2 are going to debut brand new material in front of 2 non-U2 audiences.  One of which is a corporate check-cashing obligation to a silicon Valley tech company. Is that right?

You're also suggesting these 2 shows are somehow widely known and anticipated outside the halls of the cloistered, herd-esqe confines of forums such as this one, where the apostles believe any tripe tossed over the parapet.

Those are some big assumptions.

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2016, 10:08:57 PM »
That's your perception and you are entitled to it but tbh, that is just an opinion..

for every fantastic thing about Sydney; you can find a fantastic thing about Melbourne...

Sydney might have the Harbour but Melbourne wins "World's Most liveable City" and "World's Sporting Capital" every year..

All the Superbands tour both cities. Sydney and Melbourne being so close in location actually make them a very commercially viable for tours. If one of them didn't exist; then we wouldn't see half the bands we do on our shores.

So Melbourne and Sydney co-exist like two fighting siblings that really need each other.

we are blessed to have a wonderful country with a number of brilliant cities in it.
I love Melbourne.  Only been there once but it was magic.

I was just pulling the pi*s as you like to tell us yanks  ;D

• Wanderer
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2016, 10:10:44 PM »

You're suggesting that U2 are going to debut brand new material in front of 2 non-U2 audiences.  One of which is a corporate check-cashing obligation to a silicon Valley tech company. Is that right?

You're also suggesting these 2 shows are somehow widely known and anticipated outside the halls of the cloistered, herd-esqe confines of forums such as this one, where the apostles believe any tripe tossed over the parapet.

Those are some big assumptions.

So you think U2 are doing something out of the ordinary for them without any commercial gain or recognition for future sales..

If you look at their history...

That is very unU2.

• Wanderer
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2016, 10:12:28 PM »

No worries mate. Love your work. Always good to have people involved. I think it is "taking the pi$s.." but close enough.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2016, 10:14:54 PM »

Sydney's great. Sadly it's full of people from Sydney.

And New Zealand.  ;D

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2016, 10:18:15 PM »

No worries mate. Love your work. Always good to have people involved. I think it is "taking the pi$s.." but close enough.

It's funny you say that.  As I was writing that post I wondered about the exact wording.  Oz really is an amazing country.  Fans here always talk about seeing the band in South America or Italy because the fans are so great.  But for my monet,  I'd love to do Australia.  In a heartbeat.

• Wanderer
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2016, 10:23:09 PM »

It's funny you say that.  As I was writing that post I wondered about the exact wording.  Oz really is an amazing country.  Fans here always talk about seeing the band in South America or Italy because the fans are so great.  But for my monet,  I'd love to do Australia.  In a heartbeat.

If the boys announce a February tour; come out and you can stay at my place if you like in Carlton. Walking distance to the city etc. We can go to my mates pub in Fitzroy and see if the great man shows up. I am sure he will.

We can fly up to Sydney for the shows there. Make a good time of it.

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2016, 10:31:46 PM »

If the boys announce a February tour; come out and you can stay at my place if you like in Carlton. Walking distance to the city etc. We can go to my mates pub in Fitzroy and see if the great man shows up. I am sure he will.

We can fly up to Sydney for the shows there. Make a good time of it.

Very generous offer, thank you sir!  And I will extend a reciprocal if you are ever in the Seattle / Pacific Northwest area...

I wish I had the space, ability and patience to recount here the amazing times I have had in Oz (and NZ too, sorry Brisco).  But I have not been since 2000.  Far too long.

• Wanderer
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2016, 10:32:25 PM »

Sydney's great. Sadly it's full of people from Sydney.

And New Zealand.  ;D

Spot on. Sydneysiders and Melbournians are totally different. I know who I prefer.

The first three questions a Sydneysider will ask you is what you do, where you live and how much your house costs. They also put the letter "o" at the end of everything you like and everywhere you've been, such as: Darlo, Paddo, bottle-o, bowlo, Thommo. It takes most Sydneysiders 5 hours to get too and from work because their public transport and roads are crap and cost $20 in tolls to drive on. And most Sydneysiders haven't even been inside the Opera House.

As for the amount of kiwis in Sydney. Choice Bro. it is over-run with them. Are their any kiwis still living in New Zealand?