Author Topic: Drake/U2/One Republic Collab in Vegas? Thoughts?  (Read 1747 times)

Offline fardreamer

• Child of Grace
  • The best things are easy to destroy
Re: Drake/U2/One Republic Collab in Vegas? Thoughts?
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2016, 08:03:40 PM »
Vomit

Offline allad1nsane

• Babyface
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2016, 09:09:13 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ew. I personally think most of their collaborations have been disappointments.

Is this their new way of chasing hits and relevance?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Troubles is an exception

One w/Mary J Blige was kinda stellar
This is the only instance I've ever seen on this forum of somebody enjoying that collaboration.

Cool, I dig being first.

Offline satellitedog

• Child of Grace
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2016, 06:55:29 AM »
Thinking of collaborations with other musicians/artists, I'm afraid single song collabs can't yield anything too interesting, since there's so much expectation about who they are working with, what each participant brings to the table, that there's scant chance of delivering something other than commonplace, or worse: caricature. One of the collaborators at least has to be either very hungry in a creative sense, or a genius.
Are any of these guys actual geniuses (not youtube commenter approved OMG geniuses, but real flaming giants of their vocation?)

Offline mattso88

• Wanderer
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2016, 11:29:41 AM »
Not sure why they do this...If it fails, it will restart the hate train against U2 and people will mock them endlessly. I'm 18 and I can already see my friends mocking this so much.

If it ends up a hit, Drake will get most of the credit, although it may help U2 get some relevance amongst the younger crowd. It's a really big risk for not a lot of reward.

Personally, I'd be interested in hearing it as a single track(hopefully not an album track) which is like "Drake featuring U2". I think Bono has the voice to do really well in a rap track as the chorus vocals, but I think that U2 may see themselves above that.