Author Topic: Concerts of 2017  (Read 35393 times)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: Concerts of 2017
« Reply #150 on: January 20, 2017, 02:07:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
god how jealous must U2 be? 'tallica is gonna tour stadiums behind an album that made a huge splash for it's music, not it's delivery method and U2 is dippin their toes into the heritage act waters. Metallicas first album is only 4 years younger than U2's.

lolwtf, Metallica toured Europe behind MOP's 20th anniversary back on 2006...and ended up doing it again the following summer. They also did a 21st anniversary tour for the Black Album, too.

okay so Metallica did the nostalgia thing. but like i said, U2 would kill for a commercially relevant album to tour stadiums behind.

on a side note i'd love to have seen the Black nostalgia tour, had i been a European Metallica fan in 2012 i mean.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:27:24 PM by THRILLHO »

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #151 on: January 20, 2017, 08:29:17 PM »
Just got tickets to see Radiohead in Kansas City. I've been waiting years to see them! :D

Wow, that's awesome!!!

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2017, 05:35:15 AM »
mewithoutyou killed as always

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline TheU2Ken

• To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2017, 10:51:55 PM »
just saw Run the Jewels from the front row. honestly don't see that show getting beat for the rest of the year

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #154 on: January 22, 2017, 09:32:42 AM »
jfhc, can some band I like come to Detroit on some night other than Sunday, Tuesday or Thursday?   >:(

Maybe a dozen shows I'd like to see coming thru town the next 5 months, and the only one that I can even think about going to (unless my sched drastically changes real f-n quick) is Drive-By Truckers a week from this Friday.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #155 on: January 22, 2017, 10:54:16 AM »
god how jealous must U2 be? 'tallica is gonna tour stadiums behind an album that made a huge splash for it's music, not it's delivery method and U2 is dippin their toes into the heritage act waters. Metallicas first album is only 4 years younger than U2's.

lolwtf, Metallica toured Europe behind MOP's 20th anniversary back on 2006...and ended up doing it again the following summer. They also did a 21st anniversary tour for the Black Album, too.

I have no issues with them doing that, either. Or any band, for that matter. So long as it's not an extended tour and they get back to touring new albums after that. Otherwise, they become a heritage act.

Metallica is also in a genre with immense loyalty to bands (hard rock/metal).

They don't call them boneheads for nothing  ;)

Haha, harsh, but if that's their nickname....  ;)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2017, 11:47:37 AM »
jfhc, can some band I like come to Detroit on some night other than Sunday, Tuesday or Thursday?   >:(

Maybe a dozen shows I'd like to see coming thru town the next 5 months, and the only one that I can even think about going to (unless my sched drastically changes real f-n quick) is Drive-By Truckers a week from this Friday.

man what a drought....

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2017, 08:10:22 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

click to enlarge

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2017, 03:57:15 PM »
In addition to U2, I made it to see Sons of the Silent Age, a phenomenal local Bowie tribute act. I also, just decided to buy tickets on a whim for Jean Michel Jarre, and my gf bought tickets for Sheila E/The Time. I'll probably like that about as much as she'll like JMJ. Oh well--it's nice to branch out and see new things.

Still waiting on Depeche Mode to announce US dates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2017, 09:49:59 PM »
Had a blast at my first concert of the year (Alter Bridge). Met the band, went to soundcheck, had a front row spot right in front of their singer. Probably the best concert of theirs that I've been to, and I got even more excited when I realized that the next concert I'll likely be at is a U2 concert.  ;D

Adding another concert to the list: Queen + Adam Lambert are doing a show here in Michigan in July (2 days after Tom Petty). It's a must attend for me since I very much enjoy Queen's music and I've been a fan of Lambert's vocals for years now. He did a pretty sweet cover of "One", too.

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #160 on: January 30, 2017, 02:48:59 AM »
Lambert out front of Queen was really good, surprisingly so. They made it work.

Saw Car seat Headrest the other night. Good. Very good.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #161 on: January 30, 2017, 06:39:38 AM »
In addition to U2, I made it to see Sons of the Silent Age, a phenomenal local Bowie tribute act. I also, just decided to buy tickets on a whim for Jean Michel Jarre, and my gf bought tickets for Sheila E/The Time. I'll probably like that about as much as she'll like JMJ. Oh well--it's nice to branch out and see new things.

Rumor I heard repeatedly this weekend has DM's US tour announcement happening on Valentine's Day. Not at all sure about the source, though, so take that with a kilo of salt.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #162 on: January 30, 2017, 10:31:59 AM »
Lambert out front of Queen was really good, surprisingly so. They made it work.

Yeah, I admit to being skeptical of it when I first heard about Lambert joining. I've seen some videos of past shows and it seems like he really does a nice job of honoring Mercury and Queen's music. I'm looking forward to seeing it live.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #163 on: January 30, 2017, 11:48:26 AM »

Rumor I heard repeatedly this weekend has DM's US tour announcement happening on Valentine's Day. Not at all sure about the source, though, so take that with a kilo of salt.

Eh.  I know it's coming, and will be sometime after the first European leg.  It will just be a matter of deciding if I want to see a show close to home, or travel.  Last time I saw them in Brooklyn and fit in a long vacation weekend.  It was really fun, but I might not be as keen on travelling in colder months.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #164 on: January 30, 2017, 12:17:41 PM »

Eh.  I know it's coming, and will be sometime after the first European leg.  It will just be a matter of deciding if I want to see a show close to home, or travel.  Last time I saw them in Brooklyn and fit in a long vacation weekend.  It was really fun, but I might not be as keen on travelling in colder months.

I'm hoping it includes a MI date. I've only recently got into their music, but would love to see'em live.