Author Topic: Concerts of 2017  (Read 34463 times)

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Concerts of 2017
« Reply #225 on: February 25, 2017, 03:26:50 PM »
Sting next week, Green Day in four weeks, U2 twice in a few months and now the Pixies in October.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #226 on: February 26, 2017, 09:30:21 AM »
Just heard on a local radio station that the Depeche Mode North American tour dates will be announced this week.

DM will also be performing on Jimmy Kimmel's show tomorrow night.

edit: oh, and there's this

« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 09:32:43 AM by imaginary friend »

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #227 on: February 26, 2017, 10:45:42 PM »
I NEED GORILLAZ LIVE PLEASE

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2017, 05:36:52 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Detroit date's on a Wednesday. Might actually be able to do this!!!!!!!  :D

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2017, 09:17:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Same! My niece was incredibly pumped to learn about this date since she has become a HUGE fan of Chris Cornell. I've always wanted to see him or Soundgarden live, so this is a good chance to do that. Just nervous about them potentially not having General Admission tix. I can't see a seated Soundgarden concert being as fun as one with a mosh pit.

More concerts have been added to my list for 2017:

Soundgarden + Pretty Reckless
Halestorm + Skillet

Possibly the Pixies since I hear they're doing a couple Michigan dates in the fall. I'm only recently getting into these guys so I'm not 100% on going. Also possibly Depeche Mode if they do a Michigan date. 

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #230 on: February 28, 2017, 08:49:14 AM »

Same! My niece was incredibly pumped to learn about this date since she has become a HUGE fan of Chris Cornell. I've always wanted to see him or Soundgarden live, so this is a good chance to do that. Just nervous about them potentially not having General Admission tix. I can't see a seated Soundgarden concert being as fun as one with a mosh pit.

Halestorm + Skillet

Possibly the Pixies since I hear they're doing a couple Michigan dates in the fall. I'm only recently getting into these guys so I'm not 100% on going. Also possibly Depeche Mode if they do a Michigan date.

Tiger - you absolutely *MUST* see the Pixies or at least once in a lifetime.  Here they are in their string-breaking glory days: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  or for something more accurate to the band they are now: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2017, 10:32:41 AM »
Banks is coming to town in June! This summer keeps getting better and better!!

Offline DK46

• Refugee
« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2017, 03:14:18 PM »
Depeche Mode NA dates! Oh yes, I am in!

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #233 on: February 28, 2017, 04:41:59 PM »

Halestorm + Skillet

Tiger - you absolutely *MUST* see the Pixies or at least once in a lifetime.  Here they are in their string-breaking glory days: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  or for something more accurate to the band they are now: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I'm very very tempted to. If I recall correctly, they're coming around in October which would be a nice way to kick off my birthday month, haha. I've heard they're tremendous live.

Depeche Mode NA dates! Oh yes, I am in!

Yay for a Michigan date! And on a Sunday! I'm almost certainly going to go to this one, too.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #234 on: February 28, 2017, 04:57:38 PM »
i was so let down with Soundgarden when i saw em with NIN. they just didnt seem like they wanted to be there. at all. but it was at an amphitheater in dallas in august...but that didn't stop NIN from putting on one of the best concerts i've ever seen.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #235 on: February 28, 2017, 07:52:11 PM »

Depeche mode north America

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #236 on: February 28, 2017, 08:50:24 PM »
i was so let down with Soundgarden when i saw em with NIN. they just didnt seem like they wanted to be there. at all. but it was at an amphitheater in dallas in august...but that didn't stop NIN from putting on one of the best concerts i've ever seen.

I've never seen them live, but my experience with amphitheater shows in general has not been good. The best rock music shows I've been to have been either in stadiums GA or arenas/smaller venues GA. You don't typically have GA for amphitheater shows and not having that atmosphere definitely can make a concert feel very disengaging/boring. The show they're playing here in Michigan I'm a little skeptical of. They are playing a smaller venue, but they don't have GA (all seats). I think most rock bands would struggle to put on a great show in an amphitheater.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #237 on: February 28, 2017, 09:34:00 PM »
you only do GA?

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #238 on: March 01, 2017, 06:14:51 AM »

and

« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 06:17:37 AM by imaginary friend »

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #239 on: March 01, 2017, 08:00:40 AM »
you only do GA?

When possible, yes. GA is always my preference. If it's a band I still really like but can't get GA for, I'll settle for seats (like in the case of Pearl Jam a couple years ago...they put on a great show). I know some can't stand for that long, which is why I like U2's approach of some seats on the floor (Red Zone) and the rest being GA with seats in the stands. But as long as I'm able to do GA, I'm going to do GA.