Author Topic: Concerts of 2017  (Read 34455 times)

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
Re: Concerts of 2017
« Reply #180 on: February 07, 2017, 09:46:08 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Can't wait for this to be officially announced! Volbeat rocks but I can't say the same about Avenged.

oh wow look at that. a rumor about the metallica tour i'd nearly given up on. i don't care about avenged sevenfold or whoever else plays im just eager to see a 'tallica tour.

I honestly think their fanbase might have a more frustrating time than U2 fans do. We're used to constant delays at this point, but at least we know to expect an album every 5 years or so along with a tour every 3 years. Metallica fans had to wait 8 years between the 2008 album and the 2016 album. And now they have the agonizing wait of the tour announcement, something they've been talking about for over 6 months now.

Yes, but they're fans of Metallica... keep 'em waiting longer I (and particularly my ears) say  :)

Haha, I guess I'm feeling bad for them because U2 fans are (at least) getting a tour in 2017 and possibly an album.  ;)

My niece is getting to be a big 'tallica fan so she's especially anxious for some US tour dates.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #181 on: February 08, 2017, 01:35:27 PM »
Can't wait for this to be officially announced! Volbeat rocks but I can't say the same about Avenged.

oh wow look at that. a rumor about the metallica tour i'd nearly given up on. i don't care about avenged sevenfold or whoever else plays im just eager to see a 'tallica tour.

I honestly think their fanbase might have a more frustrating time than U2 fans do. We're used to constant delays at this point, but at least we know to expect an album every 5 years or so along with a tour every 3 years. Metallica fans had to wait 8 years between the 2008 album and the 2016 album. And now they have the agonizing wait of the tour announcement, something they've been talking about for over 6 months now.

Yes, but they're fans of Metallica... keep 'em waiting longer I (and particularly my ears) say  :)

Haha, I guess I'm feeling bad for them because U2 fans are (at least) getting a tour in 2017 and possibly an album.  ;)

My niece is getting to be a big 'tallica fan so she's especially anxious for some US tour dates.

Given how slow they are at making records and touring there's a reasonable chance she might have grown out of this lamentable 'tallica stage by the time they come round  :) 

Offline Smee

• Numb
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2017, 05:04:22 PM »
Went to see Jah Wobble and The Invaders Of The Heart tonight. Very very enjoyable. 2 hours on stage...tickets were 13. Extraordinary value!

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #183 on: February 10, 2017, 06:13:47 AM »
In addition to U2, I made it to see Sons of the Silent Age, a phenomenal local Bowie tribute act. I also, just decided to buy tickets on a whim for Jean Michel Jarre, and my gf bought tickets for Sheila E/The Time. I'll probably like that about as much as she'll like JMJ. Oh well--it's nice to branch out and see new things.

Still waiting on Depeche Mode to announce US dates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rumor I heard repeatedly this weekend has DM's US tour announcement happening on Valentine's Day. Not at all sure about the source, though, so take that with a kilo of salt.

Eh.  I know it's coming, and will be sometime after the first European leg.  It will just be a matter of deciding if I want to see a show close to home, or travel.  Last time I saw them in Brooklyn and fit in a long vacation weekend.  It was really fun, but I might not be as keen on travelling in colder months.

I'm hoping it includes a MI date. I've only recently got into their music, but would love to see'em live.

Hoping so, too. They haven't played the Detroit area since autumn 2005.

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #184 on: February 10, 2017, 08:54:30 AM »
Got my Muse seats. The closer ones and pit were 120 so I had to settle for a bit further back. Still gonna be a rad show though

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
Concerts of 2017
« Reply #185 on: February 12, 2017, 11:09:53 AM »
My concert schedule so far:

Shows I have purchased tickets for:

-Daya
-Catfish and the Bottlemen
-U2 (Pittsburgh and Cleveland)
-Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (won tickets)

Shows I plan on purchasing tickets for:

-Mumford and Sons
-Mastodon/Eagles of Death Metal
-Muse/Thirty Seconds to Mars
-Metallica (if they come here)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:11:54 AM by Starman »

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #186 on: February 13, 2017, 07:21:46 PM »
Surprised no one has mentioned this here yet, but here it is! METALLICA!!! \m/

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #187 on: February 13, 2017, 07:56:10 PM »
yea i hope to get my ticket tomorrow. if the last few concert tickets ive bought are any indication, i should get a pre-sale code via facebook tomorrow to use.

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #188 on: February 14, 2017, 07:53:44 AM »

BLESSINGS KEEP FALLING IN MY LAP

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2017, 10:39:44 PM »
yea i hope to get my ticket tomorrow. if the last few concert tickets ive bought are any indication, i should get a pre-sale code via facebook tomorrow to use.

I have to say, I'm very disappointed in the pricing of the tickets on this tour. Or at least the MI date, anyway. They're charging $160 for GA or seats on the lower level of the stands, $140 for seats, and $60-$70 for nose bleed seats. I am guessing this is because of the quality/popularity of the openers, but still. It's a lot of money. Either U2 are severely underpricing their GA tickets or other artists are trying to maximize profits by charging a fortune for tix.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #190 on: February 14, 2017, 10:40:42 PM »

I have to say, I'm very disappointed in the pricing of the tickets on this tour. Or at least the MI date, anyway. They're charging $160 for GA or seats on the lower level of the stands, $140 for seats, and $60-$70 for nose bleed seats. I am guessing this is because of the quality/popularity of the openers, but still. It's a lot of money. Either U2 are severely underpricing their GA tickets or other artists are trying to maximize profits by charging a fortune for tix.

def not GA for me. 140 is steep but this is now a bucketlist band for me, and i just plan on seeing them this one time more than likely.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #191 on: February 14, 2017, 10:52:53 PM »

def not GA for me. 140 is steep but this is now a bucketlist band for me, and i just plan on seeing them this one time more than likely.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan but I enjoy a lot of their music and I like to see legendary bands/artists live at least once. Metallica fits into the legendary category for me. Still, it's hard for me to justify spending that much when I've already got at least a couple U2 concert trips planned, plus two other July concerts I'm going to be going to. I think it would be easier to decide if they weren't playing in a month that is already expensive/overpacked for me, lol.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #192 on: February 14, 2017, 10:56:06 PM »
yea ive got Green Day in 2 weeks, then from mid-may to July 3 ive got 4 arena or stadium shows. my summers are always crammed with arena shows.

Offline Smee

• Numb
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #193 on: February 15, 2017, 10:01:21 AM »
Im toying with going to see Stiff Little Fingers, in my local venue (5 mins walk from my appartment/flat). SLF were the first band i was really into...aged about 10 or 11

Offline DK46

• Refugee
« Reply #194 on: February 15, 2017, 11:53:56 AM »
I hear Blondie and Garbage are touring this summer, so interested in that.   Also, waiting for Depeche Mode to announce their U.S. tour which I think will be in the fall.  Considering seeing Slowdive this summer too.  There goes all the $$$.