Author Topic: Concerts of 2017  (Read 34959 times)

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
Re: Concerts of 2017
« Reply #240 on: March 01, 2017, 08:27:40 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Depeche mode north America

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah.  I hate the venue they're playing in Chicago--I've seen them once there, but the last time my gf and I literally chose to fly to NY and see them there instead.  I'm not sure we'll want to do that again, so we may be stuck with the crappy venue here.  Ugh.  I wish they at least had VIP seats--I'd probably pay for them if I could be guaranteed seats up close.  We did that on the last tour, and had a spectacular time.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #241 on: March 01, 2017, 09:16:11 AM »
Tiger - you absolutely *MUST* see the Pixies or at least once in a lifetime.  Here they are in their string-breaking glory days: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  or for something more accurate to the band they are now: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Agreed. I've only seen them once (with Paz) back in 2014, but it was a great show. A long time coming too since I had been into them for over a decade by that point.

Offline Marwood

• Stateless
« Reply #242 on: March 01, 2017, 09:49:19 AM »
Leftfield at Brixton Academy in May.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2017, 12:52:21 PM »
the venue they're playin in Dallas is great. i avoid GA. i wouldn't pay to stand for an entire concert, much line up outside the venue for 8 or so hours before the show.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2017, 01:20:50 PM »
the venue they're playin in Dallas is great. i avoid GA. i wouldn't pay to stand for an entire concert, much line up outside the venue for 8 or so hours before the show.

Yeah, different strokes for different folks.  :) I don't mind waiting if it guarantees me a spot in the first row or two and I have a super flexible job so getting time off is not an issue. Being front row at a concert and into the music with the crowd around you...there's nothing really like it. Standing does get old/painful, but I've learned how to make it bearable (comfy shoes and shifting weight). I'm sure there'll come a point where I physically can't do it anymore, but hopefully that's a long way off.

I mean, I look at this way: I can pay $90 and wait in line for 8 hours to be front row at a U2 concert. How else would I get to be front row for such a cheap price when other bands are charging double or triple that for floor seats?

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #245 on: March 02, 2017, 09:20:41 AM »

Huge TFF fan here...damnit, this is the same day as Soundgarden.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #246 on: March 02, 2017, 11:26:54 AM »

Oh, man.  11-year-old me would go bonkers for both TFF and H&O.  I still want to see both.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #247 on: March 02, 2017, 01:05:52 PM »

Ahh this hurts! I love Hall & Oates and have been getting into TFF lately. They're both on my list of bands I really would like to see at some point.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #248 on: March 02, 2017, 02:43:35 PM »

Oh, man.  11-year-old me would go bonkers for both TFF and H&O.  I still want to see both.

Whoah, scratch that.  They're both coming to Chicago on this tour in a couple of months.  Hmm!

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #249 on: March 03, 2017, 10:32:00 AM »
Tickets acquired for Soundgarden in May in Detroit. They never had GA tickets available to the public (scalpers) so I had to settle for seats. :/

Tickets also acquired for Halestorm in June. GA for that.

Lots of concerts in 2017.  ;D

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #250 on: March 03, 2017, 04:34:01 PM »
friend bought me a ticket to see Yngwie Malmsteen with him. This is teh second time he's done that for me and it's great.

He also informed me Soundgarden are "supposed to act like they don't want to be there, that's what grunge bands do". when i told him they looked bored at the NIN show i saw them on.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #251 on: March 03, 2017, 08:43:56 PM »
He also informed me Soundgarden are "supposed to act like they don't want to be there, that's what grunge bands do". when i told him they looked bored at the NIN show i saw them on.

Haha, that's funny. I went to a Pearl Jam concert a couple years ago and that was not my experience at all. They put on such a good show and were VERY into it. And they're on the same level of "grunge" as Soundgarden. Maybe Soundgarden have never been a live band who is particularly into it? Or maybe they were annoyed to not be the headliners? Not sure, but I'm expecting a good concert for the crazy prices they're charging for tickets on this tour.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #252 on: March 03, 2017, 10:02:18 PM »

Haha, that's funny. I went to a Pearl Jam concert a couple years ago and that was not my experience at all. They put on such a good show and were VERY into it. And they're on the same level of "grunge" as Soundgarden. Maybe Soundgarden have never been a live band who is particularly into it? Or maybe they were annoyed to not be the headliners? Not sure, but I'm expecting a good concert for the crazy prices they're charging for tickets on this tour.

yea the weird stuff this guy says all day will have you scratching your head. of course PJ is one of the best live acts ever. he was just tryin to make an excuse for why it's okay that they sucked in concert that night.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #253 on: March 04, 2017, 11:43:49 PM »
i just saw Green Day and man oh man. the gauntlet for concerts in 2017 has been thrown DOWN. that was unreal. so much energy so many songs covering their ENTIRE career. that was easily one of the best live bands ive ever seen. still in concert euphoria.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #254 on: March 05, 2017, 12:05:51 PM »
i just saw Green Day and man oh man. the gauntlet for concerts in 2017 has been thrown DOWN. that was unreal. so much energy so many songs covering their ENTIRE career. that was easily one of the best live bands ive ever seen. still in concert euphoria.

Sounds like a great show. Never have been a huge fan of theirs, but I have an appreciation for their earlier albums and American Idiot. Nice to hear they've still got it.

Meanwhile, I'm just waiting for my next concert in May....