Author Topic: Is the 2017 tour a continuation of the i+e tour?  (Read 1083 times)

Offline chefconti

• Babyface
Is the 2017 tour a continuation of the i+e tour?
« on: September 23, 2016, 05:36:42 PM »
Not in terms of name, but in terms of staging, theming, etc. or will they have a brand new show to present? Thoughts?

WookieeWarrior10

Re: Is the 2017 tour a continuation of the i+e tour?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 05:51:55 PM »
Supposedly, yes. There's no clear answer with U2 so it seems that we'll just have to wait for the tour to be announced.

Offline vertigofly40

• Wanderer
  • The world turns and we get dizzy
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 06:07:26 PM »
I think it would be great if they kept the I+e tour going.  Especially since It didn't hit all of the markets last go around. 

Plus, I really enjoyed the setup.  I was in the GA floor for one the shows last year and thought it was great.  They really did a good job playing to all of the areas of the venue with this setup. 

Financially, I would assume that it would be more cost effective to stay with the current stage configuration and layout.  They could change the content (set-lists) but keep the staging.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 02:40:19 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think it would be great if they kept the I+e tour going.  Especially since It didn't hit all of the markets last go around. 

Plus, I really enjoyed the setup.  I was in the GA floor for one the shows last year and thought it was great.  They really did a good job playing to all of the areas of the venue with this setup. 

Financially, I would assume that it would be more cost effective to stay with the current stage configuration and layout.  They could change the content (set-lists) but keep the staging.

I wouldn't be surprised if they kept essentially the same stage set up.  The next album is meant to be a continuation of the last, and a parallel would be the Zooropa Tour which was very similar to Zoo TV before it.  Looking at the show they did yesterday they seem to want to continue to play live with a long catwalk.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 02:41:20 PM »
It looks to be the same.

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 03:57:01 PM »
Hopefully if it happens to be the same, they will have corrected some of the flaws, for example the lack of any decent screen view for those centered on the stage. At the very least, if those center seats facing directly towards the main stage are still blocked for a major part of the show, they should be cheaper.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 04:21:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hopefully if it happens to be the same, they will have corrected some of the flaws, for example the lack of any decent screen view for those centered on the stage. At the very least, if those center seats facing directly towards the main stage are still blocked for a major part of the show, they should be cheaper.

The seats behind the stage looked rubbish too - I noticed most people there being force to follow the show on screens above their heads as they were facing the back of the action for the vast majority of the show.