Author Topic: 40 Years of U2  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Pride

• Numb
  • North Dakota is best Dakota
40 Years of U2
« on: September 24, 2016, 11:47:44 PM »
Hard to believe that they did so much together in only 40 years, yet equally hard to believe that it's been forty long years since U2 formed in Larry's kitchen.

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
Re: 40 Years of U2
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 02:04:55 AM »
It's an amazing feat.I was 18 when War came out and I celebrated my 52nd birthday two days ago.U2 have been part of my life since my teens and I've done so much and met so many wonderful people because of them.

Congratulations Bono, Edge, Adam & Larry.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 05:35:27 AM »
Thank you, to U2, for helping me through this life. The music is a part of me. A BIG part.
Happy Anniversary!

Offline Smee

• Numb
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 06:42:45 AM »
Without u2, this past 34 years, would have been a lot lesss entertaining AND a lot more challenging. As im sure is the case with many people, u2's music carried me thro some difficult times in my life.
As much as i love and listen to a wide variety of music, truth is....i could easily live my life with just u2 to listen to.

Happy 40th to the lads (life begins at 40 apparently) :P

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 07:19:53 AM »
Thanks U2 for giving me a great life !! Ive seen them in New York, Rome, Amsterdam, Berlin, Antwerp & Everwhere in the uk & met some great people along the way ... Ive been into them since i was 13 & im nearly 49 now & they,ve been the soundtrack to my life...i dont think our lass would agree thou because they,ve cost me a bloody bomb !! ;-)

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 07:21:53 AM by Jswallow »

Offline Kurukira

• Numb
  • Don't Expect, Suggest.
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 02:47:37 PM »
I'm almost the same age as U2 and have been a fan for half that time.  I've seen and heard so much and of course like all of you, they're practically a part of my family at this point, haha.  I do not agree with everything they've done, especially Bono.  However, I always pay attention to the music, and not much else, haha.  I've met some awesome people as a result, and I discovered my new favorite place to travel - Dublin, of course (the B&B I was at was THAT awesome)!  Seeing U2 live is always exciting, so being able to do that, especially in Dublin, is something I'll always be thankful for.  Forty years?  Wow... 

Offline HertfordshireU2

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 03:14:55 PM »
Hi Follow U2 Fans,

Today is a very special day with our boys 40 years anniversary. It feels like Christmas Day as 25th September is the birth of U2. I would like to thank U2 for giving us all a great life - Bono, Adam, Larry and Edge thank you for helping us all with our life journeys.

Ever since I heard you with Helter Skelter as the first music I heard in my life I knew that your music will transform my life and now I am 33 years old your music is still my greatest passion and you really have transformed my life. I have enjoyed your gigs at Wembley, Slane Castle, the O2 and all the live DVD's that you have brought out. I am a massive Pop fan but love all your music equally. I have been celebrating this weekend as a U2 fan.

Thank you - love and respect.

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 04:44:04 PM »
Been a fan for the whole 40 years Me and the band are approximately  the same age. Heard them on an underground station from the UK . That was the beginning of a great journey and still going strong.

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 07:33:13 PM »
We're so damn lucky to still have this incredible band with us after 40 years!

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 05:07:23 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
We're so damn lucky to still have this incredible band with us after 40 years!
I'll drink to that, my friend. They aren't quite what they used to be, but none of us really are.
I think they are still the best. They still rock.  But, I'm just a silly old lady!