Author Topic: Will POP Get A 20th Anniversary Box Set Next Year?  (Read 4182 times)

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: Will POP Get A 20th Anniversary Box Set Next Year?
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2016, 11:58:59 AM »
I would spend a months wages on a Pop boxset ... I love everything about that era of U2 ... I love the artwork, the stage, the videos, the image, every song apart from IGWSHA ... I love the B Sides and the outtakes I've heard ... Nothing comes close ... By any band for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dali

• Child of Grace
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2016, 03:26:41 AM »
As much as I'd enjoy an expanded "Pop" reissue, I somewhat doubt the band and their management are considering it: they seem to be really pushing themselves towards their next new album at this point, and a project like that would only be a distraction.

Offline jick

• Precious Stone
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2016, 09:20:18 AM »
Here's my:

POP 20th Anniversary Boxed Set
Uber Deluxe Edition

Disc 1: POP
Disc 2: POP Finished (Single Versions, Best of 1990-2000 New Mixes, unreleased new mixes)
Disc 3: B-Sides & Remixes (Holy Joe, Happiness Is A Warm Gun, Pop Muzik, Discotheque remixes, Mofo mixes)
Disc 4: Hasta La Vista Baby
Disc 5: Popheart Live EP and other live tracks that were featured in succeeding singles (SATS rotterdam? WOWY Edmonton? ..I know there were others)
Disc 6: Blu-Ray/DVD with Popmart Live In Mexico, A Year In POP, Bonus live tracks  from those South Africa and South America shows that were televised - Mothers of the Disappeared, 40, Bad; and of course tracks not in Mexico video like Miami ; other documentaries about the making of Pop or the technology behind the show
Disc 7: POP Videos: Discotheque, Staring At The Sun (2 versions), Please 2 versions, Last Night On Earth, Mofo, If God Will Send His Angels; Karaoke videos: Daydream Believer, Sweet Caroline, and other songs with the lemon bouncing to give the Karaoke effect

-POPMart Tour Programme
-Funko POP figures of the band (or if it's too big, just one random member in a mystery box)
-Mirrorball Lemon keychain

What do you guys think? Anything more to add?

Cheers,

J

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2016, 09:31:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Here's my:

Uber Deluxe Edition

Disc 2: POP Finished (Single Versions, Best of 1990-2000 New Mixes, unreleased new mixes)
Disc 3: B-Sides & Remixes (Holy Joe, Happiness Is A Warm Gun, Pop Muzik, Discotheque remixes, Mofo mixes)
Disc 5: Popheart Live EP and other live tracks that were featured in succeeding singles (SATS rotterdam? WOWY Edmonton? ..I know there were others)
Disc 6: Blu-Ray/DVD with Popmart Live In Mexico, A Year In POP, Bonus live tracks  from those South Africa and South America shows that were televised - Mothers of the Disappeared, 40, Bad; and of course tracks not in Mexico video like Miami ; other documentaries about the making of Pop or the technology behind the show
Disc 7: POP Videos: Discotheque, Staring At The Sun (2 versions), Please 2 versions, Last Night On Earth, Mofo, If God Will Send His Angels; Karaoke videos: Daydream Believer, Sweet Caroline, and other songs with the lemon bouncing to give the Karaoke effect

-POPMart Tour Programme
-Funko POP figures of the band (or if it's too big, just one random member in a mystery box)

Cheers,

J

It might simply fall into one of the documentaries, but the Sarajevo show would certainly get a special mention or something.  Granted, the AB set didn't include the live Dublin broadcast, which the PopMart Sarajevo sort of emulates, but the story behind/about the show made it one of the most significant shows in U2's career.

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2016, 09:35:37 AM »
Here's my:

Uber Deluxe Edition

-POPMart Tour Programme

Cheers,

J

your best post ever on this site jick! (even though it's probably a bit tongue in cheek)

that would be a box set I would definitely shell out for.

nb: with one exception though, I'd scrap the best of 1990-2000 incarnations, they were watered down cr*p!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 09:37:14 AM by miami »

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2016, 04:23:06 AM »
No. Are the remasters even happening  ?

Looks like they're done after that AB anniversary remaster.

Offline Angle McDangle

• Babyface
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2016, 06:53:09 AM »
I hate the fact U2 appear to have disowned this period and album...some bands would chew their arms off to write and record an album half as good.... 

iehomecoming

« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2016, 08:41:12 AM »
Disc 2 - Pop "finished" ? LOL !!!

Slipping in the ATYCLB-ized versions of Pop songs doesn't make them finished.

More like "Pop ruined"

Offline John Galt

• Numb
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2016, 06:03:35 AM »
Here's my:

Uber Deluxe Edition

-POPMart Tour Programme

Cheers,

J

That would be a magnificent set.  Would you buy two, one to play and another to keep in pristine condition on the shelf?

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2016, 06:42:03 AM »
Just a heads up. Ebay user operaguy2008 has a bunch of the warm delicious vinyl, Popmart Sampler for sale. He has a bunch of them that looks like they came out of a time capsule unscathed by the marching of time. 

miryclay