Author Topic: Any news of 2017 Fan Club subscribers "gift" ?  (Read 44132 times)

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
Re: Any news of 2017 Fan Club subscribers "gift" ?
« Reply #150 on: March 09, 2017, 01:02:13 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yes. Pop 20 years today? Probably hasn't even registered in the u2 camp

Sort of surprised as well,i know that obviously JT is the much bigger album and they have just announced the 30th anniversary stuff, so maybe the gift could be pop related?

Well, these releases seem to be regressive and housekeeping related so its possible. But I think the focus is on TJT at the moment.
I wish for something pop related, but I agree it will be JT. But the big anniversary package probably rules out a live jt album, bsides etcetera unless they are shameless enough to flog that dead horse to the same people just that one more time? Oh..no wait,I think I know the answer to that..

Offline Ultrafly

• Stateless
« Reply #151 on: March 09, 2017, 01:43:58 PM »
U23D on BR with audio CD, whilst they still can do it.

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #152 on: March 09, 2017, 03:06:19 PM »
The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that it would make absolute sense that they release the Joshua Tree reissue for the general public and issue a CD of POP demos for the hardcore fans...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Spacejunk69

« Reply #153 on: March 09, 2017, 03:22:42 PM »
The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that it would make absolute sense that they release the Joshua Tree reissue for the general public and issue a CD of POP demos for the hardcore fans...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Yeah, the JT thing has been completely saturated. The subscribers gift HAS to be something unrelated to that album - or fans are gonna have a meltdown.

Something Pop related would be perfect. But It wont be. They hate the album and completely disown it.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #154 on: March 09, 2017, 03:23:26 PM »
Y'all are cracking me up. They'll release a 12-track disc of remixes of Elvis Presley in America before the drop something from Pop in the middle of TJT anniversary blitz.

In all seriousness ... We know that fan messages occasionally to get through to the band. I wonder if they are aware of the VOCAL base of PopMartians that are out there. You lot are a fiercely loyal bunch. Like people whose favorite Star Wars movie is The Phantom Menace and loved New Coke. :)

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #155 on: March 09, 2017, 03:32:36 PM »
Y'all are cracking me up. They'll release a 12-track disc of remixes of Elvis Presley in America before the drop something from Pop in the middle of TJT anniversary blitz.

In all seriousness ... We know that fan messages occasionally to get through to the band. I wonder if they are aware of the VOCAL base of PopMartians that are out there. You lot are a fiercely loyal bunch. Like people whose favorite Star Wars movie is The Phantom Menace and loved New Coke. :)

New Coke is blasphemy

Offline Ultrafly

• Stateless
« Reply #156 on: March 09, 2017, 04:04:36 PM »
*coughs*

3 disc live Lovetown anthology with DVD.

Also neatly bypasses the "Rattle And Hum" reissue problem.

Spacejunk69

« Reply #157 on: March 09, 2017, 05:29:19 PM »
*coughs*

3 disc live Lovetown anthology with DVD.

Also neatly bypasses the "Rattle And Hum" reissue problem.

That will do.

Offline PopMart_1997

• Stateless
« Reply #158 on: March 09, 2017, 07:07:52 PM »
I just want the infamous PopMart Eugene show that I went to on DVD.... grumble grumble...

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #159 on: March 10, 2017, 12:28:04 AM »
I just want them to say what they are giving us just to get the disappointment over with.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #160 on: March 10, 2017, 01:54:20 PM »
I swear its going to be Paris 87 or Paris 15.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #161 on: March 10, 2017, 01:58:22 PM »
It is going to be TJT-related, probably prints or a poster. Get ready to learn some new swear words.

If I had my choice, I would like a collection of outtakes that didn't make the cut since Medium, Rare And Remastered. An ep containing good versions, the new live songs from 360, Soon, Mercy (studio) and both versions of Winter would be awesome. Vinyl with a download code or CD. Either one guys. I'm not picky.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #162 on: March 10, 2017, 02:07:00 PM »
I agree with Saint. I posted a list earlier in this thread.

Offline PopMart_1997

• Stateless
« Reply #163 on: March 10, 2017, 02:21:01 PM »
It is going to be TJT-related, probably prints or a poster. Get ready to learn some new swear words.

If I had my choice, I would like a collection of outtakes that didn't make the cut since Medium, Rare And Remastered. An ep containing good versions, the new live songs from 360, Soon, Mercy (studio) and both versions of Winter would be awesome. Vinyl with a download code or CD. Either one guys. I'm not picky.
There are two versions of "Winter"??????

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #164 on: March 10, 2017, 03:59:53 PM »

There are two versions of "Winter"??????
Yes. There is the "Linear" version and the "Brothers" version.