Author Topic: U2 at Bonnaroo. According to /r/bonnaroo the rumors are flooding in  (Read 11920 times)

Offline marcovox

• Wanderer
If you visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, there are plenty of threads with people that are getting sources of U2, RHCP, and either Weekend or Chance The Rapper. 

RHCP have a break in their tour where it looks like they'd play Gov Ball, Bonnaroo, and maybe Bestival in Toronto. 

The two R&B/Rapper rumors would make sense as they're probably deciding between the two. 

I've been active in the Bonnaroo community for 4 years now, and at this point I would say that the amount of rumors coming would say this is pretty much all but confirmed.  There's really no other way to put it. 

So... who's thinking of going? 

I can tell you this much, and I have probably iterated this sentiment over 500 times in 4 years, but Bonnaroo will most likely be the best weekend of your life.  And to see U2 there where Paul McCartney, Radiohead, and many other legends have played will be something you most definitely want to check off your bucket list. 

Offline This Dave

• Numb
Re: U2 at Bonnaroo. According to /r/bonnaroo the rumors are flooding in
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 11:13:13 AM »
They should never play that festival, if only to avoid the puns.

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 01:21:23 PM »
...and the mud.

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 01:26:46 PM »
OMG I live so close, but I'm 40 not sure I could handle the heat.  It's so bad in TN in June.

Offline marcovox

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 02:59:00 PM »
I mean... this is a once in a lifetime.  Unless they really truly impress, they'll never go back.  And if you've never gone to Bonnaroo... I mean... like... THIS would be the year you go. 

Don't drop the ball on this one.  Grab your ticket.  Go.  It will be the best weekend of your life, guaranteed.

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 03:08:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I mean... this is a once in a lifetime.  Unless they really truly impress, they'll never go back.  And if you've never gone to Bonnaroo... I mean... like... THIS would be the year you go. 

Don't drop the ball on this one.  Grab your ticket.  Go.  It will be the best weekend of your life, guaranteed.
well I do have a hammock I can hang from a tree lol and a tent an whatnot

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 03:57:02 PM »
marcovox - just curious - do you like working for TickeBastard?  is it all I imagine it to be???

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 04:58:41 PM »

I would so make the trip to Tennessee for that!

Please be true!

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 05:33:18 PM »
RHCP just announced more dates yesterday.

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 06:02:24 PM »
Why would there be any doubt? If they are willing to play at iHeart I feel as if I could organize my own festival and have U2 headline it.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 06:10:53 PM »
If this happens, it's going to be hard resisting the urge to buy tickets. I've always wanted to go to Bonnaroo, Coachella, and Lolla. This would be the perfect excuse to cross one of those off the list.

Waffles

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 07:05:26 PM »
If this happens, it's going to be hard resisting the urge to buy tickets. I've always wanted to go to Bonnaroo, Coachella, and Lolla. This would be the perfect excuse to cross one of those off the list.

Not sure what goes on in the rest of music festivals round the world, but Coachella is just a drug center full of people hopping to spot Bieber in the crowd. Literally every year

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 07:27:36 PM »

Not sure what goes on in the rest of music festivals round the world, but Coachella is just a drug center full of people hopping to spot Bieber in the crowd. Literally every year

Yeah, I care more about the music than anything else (I don't do drugs, don't smoke, don't drink etc.). When/if I go there I'm going to get there early enough to get close to the stage and not deal with that nonsense. If I'm paying that much money for tickets, I'm not gonna waste that time getting high.

Couldn't care less about celebrities being there. That's too bad that it's become more of a status event than a great music festival.

Offline marcovox

• Wanderer
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 11:50:17 PM »
marcovox - just curious - do you like working for TickeBastard?  is it all I imagine it to be???

Dude... that was so incredibly lame.  You're a clown.  Go away.

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 10:13:04 AM »

Dude... that was so incredibly lame.  You're a clown.  Go away.

I think I love you.