Author Topic: U2 at Bonnaroo. According to /r/bonnaroo the rumors are flooding in  (Read 12138 times)

Offline JTNash

• Numb
Re: U2 at Bonnaroo. According to /r/bonnaroo the rumors are flooding in
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2016, 10:12:19 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You guys are so lame it's palpable.  I'm sorry but you're not getting validation from banter with another user; you're not getting away with "ticketbastard".  With that comment, you've outed yourself as a dockers-wearing soccer dad.    Have all the cutsey passive aggressive banter all you want.  I doubt Bono would want you at his shows.

I come in here excited about U2 at Bonnaroo.  That's what I'm here for.

If anyone else that isn't a lame soccer dad that wants to actually talk about U2 at Bonnaroo, I repeat, U2... at... Bonna f****** roo... let's talk.

Lame comments and negativity not needed. 

Additionally, off topic comments are in violation of the rules of the forum, just so you know.  And your comments are off topic.

Thank you.
wait till your a lame soccer dad that day is coming.  Since I'm a lame soccer mom that has been a fan since before you were born probally.  I don't think Bono mind is coming to the show.  Good luck affording your Bonnaroo tickets because they are not cheap.  The kinds of jobs you wear khakis to pay well enough to afford them. 

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2016, 10:31:30 AM »
You guys are so lame it's palpable.  I'm sorry but you're not getting validation from banter with another user; you're not getting away with "ticketbastard".  With that comment, you've outed yourself as a dockers-wearing soccer dad.    Have all the cutsey passive aggressive banter all you want.  I doubt Bono would want you at his shows.

If anyone else that isn't a lame soccer dad that wants to actually talk about U2 at Bonnaroo, I repeat, U2... at... Bonna f****** roo... let's talk.

Additionally, off topic comments are in violation of the rules of the forum, just so you know.  And your comments are off topic.

Thank you.
wait till your a lame soccer dad that day is coming.  Since I'm a lame soccer mom that has been a fan since before you were born probally.  I don't think Bono mind is coming to the show.  Good luck affording your Bonnaroo tickets because they are not cheap.  The kinds of jobs you wear khakis to pay well enough to afford them.

Love it JT!  I don't agree with you often, but when I do it is preferably at the expense of hipster snarks like the TicketBastard employee (or wannabe since he's probably living on lame soccer dad's basement couch).

Stay funny my friends.

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2016, 10:36:06 AM »

Thank you.

Love it JT!  I don't agree with you often, but when I do it is preferably at the expense of hipster snarks like the TicketBastard employee (or wannabe since he's probably living on lame soccer dad's basement couch).

Stay funny my friends.
  :)

Offline marcovox

• Wanderer
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2016, 12:47:58 PM »

Thank you.

I love a man in charge.  Damn this was the sexiest post I have read in a while.

OK, I need a moment.... to get off my Dockers.

LOL Ha!  if that's sexist, then my name is Hugh Mungus.  If you don't get it, Google it.  That's a reach if I ever heard one.  Get over yourself dude.  And let me remind you who made the transgression in this thread.  Not me.  So all back lash coming your way is a result of your lame comments.  Not mine.    Don't forget that.  Oh, and there you go again, ticketbastard comes back and now you assume I live in my parents basement.  Haha.  Dude oh god.  It's embarrassing.  You're such an asshat.  And for what.  You came in the thread and poured sh** on me, what did you expect?  What did you expect when you said I worked for ticketbastard?  What did you think was going to happen?  There's like 3 people talking about a topic and it's interesting, and then all of a sudden you come around the corner to the water cooler, oh brother here comes Bob again the guy who we never invite to drinks after work... and what does he say?

Like did you think was going to happen, I was gonna be like HA HA HA THAT WAS A GOOD ONE.  What did you think?  What, did, you, think was going to happen?

That was a good one Bob.  You're hilarious.  Ha ha.  Get it guys.  'Cause I talk about Bonnaroo so much, and Bonnaroo is owned by Ticketmaster, I'm a w**** to the company.  Ha ha.  Get it. 

So mind boggling.  Like did you genuinely think that was an amusing comment and it was going to be received well? 

Offline marcovox

• Wanderer
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2016, 12:53:32 PM »
And if no one wants to talk about U2 at Bonnaroo, I'm fine with that as well.

I do. The idea is very exciting to me. One of my favorite bands playing a festival I've always wanted to attend, but never had real incentive to attend. Probably a once in a lifetime opportunity given U2's age. I don't see them playing Bonnaroo again after this.

I do wonder how a US tour would play into this...or if they could possibly do their South America tour during that time. The reason I say that is I remember them playing Glastonbury in 2011 the night before their show in East Lansing, MI (and the night after another show?). So for them to fly in to do Bonnaroo while touring South America wouldn't surprise me. It would of course make more sense to do the US tour during the summer months.

Also wondering if ticket prices are gonna go up for 'roo. Looks like it was $350 last year. I'm not sure how high I'm willing to go for prices, unless they have several other bands there that I want to see.

Don't see them playing Roo after this either.  Hopefully the rumor is true. 

I mean $350 is the industry standard for festivals.  But if you have any doubts, I would just research Bonnaroo and look at some video highlights.  But one thing that doesn't really capture well is the night time.  There is nothing like a Friday or Saturday night at Bonnaroo.  It's like being on another planet.  It's mental. 

I also want them to play South American badly.  Seeing them in Argentina would finish off all the places around the world where I want to see them.  Well Montreal, but that's close to home.  Might go back to Dublin to see a Croker as well. 

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2016, 02:39:07 PM »

Thank you.

LOL Ha!  if that's sexist, then my name is Hugh Mungus.  If you don't get it, Google it.  That's a reach if I ever heard one.  Get over yourself dude.  And let me remind you who made the transgression in this thread.  Not me.  So all back lash coming your way is a result of your lame comments.  Not mine.    Don't forget that.  Oh, and there you go again, ticketbastard comes back and now you assume I live in my parents basement.  Haha.  Dude oh god.  It's embarrassing.  You're such an asshat.  And for what.  You came in the thread and poured sh** on me, what did you expect?  What did you expect when you said I worked for ticketbastard?  What did you think was going to happen?  There's like 3 people talking about a topic and it's interesting, and then all of a sudden you come around the corner to the water cooler, oh brother here comes Bob again the guy who we never invite to drinks after work... and what does he say?

Like did you think was going to happen, I was gonna be like HA HA HA THAT WAS A GOOD ONE.  What did you think?  What, did, you, think was going to happen?

That was a good one Bob.  You're hilarious.  Ha ha.  Get it guys.  'Cause I talk about Bonnaroo so much, and Bonnaroo is owned by Ticketmaster, I'm a w**** to the company.  Ha ha.  Get it. 

So mind boggling.  Like did you genuinely think that was an amusing comment and it was going to be received well?

wow.  at this point all I can do for you is to suggest you get used to some sarcasm around here, and develop a sense of humor.  It will be good for your health - mental and otherwise.

Now that we're bros, can I please please please hang out with you after work?  Please?

Love,
Bob

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2016, 05:20:17 PM »
And if no one wants to talk about U2 at Bonnaroo, I'm fine with that as well.

I do. The idea is very exciting to me. One of my favorite bands playing a festival I've always wanted to attend, but never had real incentive to attend. Probably a once in a lifetime opportunity given U2's age. I don't see them playing Bonnaroo again after this.

I do wonder how a US tour would play into this...or if they could possibly do their South America tour during that time. The reason I say that is I remember them playing Glastonbury in 2011 the night before their show in East Lansing, MI (and the night after another show?). So for them to fly in to do Bonnaroo while touring South America wouldn't surprise me. It would of course make more sense to do the US tour during the summer months.

Also wondering if ticket prices are gonna go up for 'roo. Looks like it was $350 last year. I'm not sure how high I'm willing to go for prices, unless they have several other bands there that I want to see.

Don't see them playing Roo after this either.  Hopefully the rumor is true. 

I mean $350 is the industry standard for festivals.  But if you have any doubts, I would just research Bonnaroo and look at some video highlights.  But one thing that doesn't really capture well is the night time.  There is nothing like a Friday or Saturday night at Bonnaroo.  It's like being on another planet.  It's mental. 

I also want them to play South American badly.  Seeing them in Argentina would finish off all the places around the world where I want to see them.  Well Montreal, but that's close to home.  Might go back to Dublin to see a Croker as well.

Oh yeah, I don't doubt that. Every festival I've looked at has tickets in the range of $250-$500. So $350 seems about right. I think they also have a payment plan, which is nice since I'd rather not disrupt my budget for a month. I work full-time (40-50 hours a week) and don't spoil myself too often, so this would be pretty doable for me.

I'll be honest, my plan is to see them as much as possible on the next tour. Just because the future is unpredictable and I've only saw them twice so far. I wish I had been born a bit earlier to have taken in the concerts during the 90s, but oh well.

Seeing them at a few different concerts in different cities would be pretty awesome. Actually, if I could, I'd probably just plan a road trip, go to the cities I've always wanted to go to and take in some concerts there, too.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2016, 11:06:45 AM »

Thank you.

wow.  at this point all I can do for you is to suggest you get used to some sarcasm around here, and develop a sense of humor.  It will be good for your health - mental and otherwise.

Now that we're bros, can I please please please hang out with you after work?  Please?

Love,
Bob

This REALLY has to STOP....

There is only so much i am willing to take you know!

Offline Peter Parker

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2016, 11:09:10 AM »
When is this event?

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2016, 07:18:49 PM »
When is this event?

First weekend of June.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2016, 08:31:41 PM »
U2 at Bonnaroo would be awesome! I hope this happens!!

Offline podiumboy

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2016, 09:56:42 AM »
I am a lame soccer Dad (my son literally plays soccer).  I'm only 34 years old, and I don't consider myself prissy at all.  I'm not afraid to "rough it" in many respects.  But there is no way I would go to a festival like Bonnaroo, even to see U2.  I don't want to deal with that heat all day, and all those people, overpriced food and questionable bathroom/sleeping options.  Even if I lived in that part of Tennessee, I wouldn't go.  I'd rather drive to Atlanta (where they'll probably play 2 shows), not get a truncated festival setlist, and see U2 on their own stage in their own element (where they are obviously at their best).  Then afterwards, stay in a nice hotel, with air conditioning and a nice shower.  If that's lame, whatever... I'd take that option every time.

I do not think the typical Bonnaroo festival goer is even the slightest bit interested in seeing U2.  They're the same people who were outraged over the Apple scandal, and who are naturally programmed to hate a band like that.  I know the idea is that U2 will play a kick ass show and win them all over.  But that's not really going to happen.  They don't want to be won over.  They want to hate U2.  I know quite a few people like this, I'm not generalizing.  They should skip Bonnaroo, and just play an arena show in Nashville.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2016, 10:55:00 AM »
Don't worry u2 won't be playing bonnaroo

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2016, 01:07:38 PM »
I am a lame soccer Dad (my son literally plays soccer).  I'm only 34 years old, and I don't consider myself prissy at all.  I'm not afraid to "rough it" in many respects.  But there is no way I would go to a festival like Bonnaroo, even to see U2.  I don't want to deal with that heat all day, and all those people, overpriced food and questionable bathroom/sleeping options.  Even if I lived in that part of Tennessee, I wouldn't go.  I'd rather drive to Atlanta (where they'll probably play 2 shows), not get a truncated festival setlist, and see U2 on their own stage in their own element (where they are obviously at their best).  Then afterwards, stay in a nice hotel, with air conditioning and a nice shower.  If that's lame, whatever... I'd take that option every time.

make sure to wear your favorite pair of Dockers.

Offline a very competitive pony!

• Babyface
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2016, 01:48:20 PM »

Thank you.

This seems more like a comment from an insane clown posse concert goer than a hippie, Bonnaroo enthusiast. Chill man, it's not a big deal.