Poll

With the new announcement today, which would you rather see ?

JT anniversary, I'd love to hear as much of the album as possible
6 (9.8%)
SOE live, I like to hear new material
16 (26.2%)
both if finances, time and travel distance allow it !
37 (60.7%)
none. I already saw the IE tour and JT anniversary doesn't interest me
2 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: JT anniversary show or SOE tour  (Read 2512 times)

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
JT anniversary show or SOE tour
« on: December 25, 2016, 12:11:21 PM »
Well, what do you think  ?

Online georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: JT anniversary show or SOE tour
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 12:12:28 PM »
Anniversary shows before album drop then world tour to play out the rest of 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 01:45:09 PM »
I would break my savings account to see both...but would really hate to have to choose between them.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 04:11:31 PM »
I'd rather see a limited number of TJT shows and a full-scale, regular tour with the standards and some SoE material. I love TJT, but if they're only playing that album live, it's going to be a relatively short concert and I'm sure some fans would feel ripped off by that.

Waffles

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2016, 04:45:43 PM »
If it really is stadiums as billboard is reporting, then i don't think they'd be doing multiple nights in cities. It be more like 10 concerts arounds the US at rose bowl, giants stadium, etc.
one JT show and 3-4 IE for me

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2016, 04:56:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If it really is stadiums as billboard is reporting, then i don't think they'd be doing multiple nights in cities. It be more like 10 concerts arounds the US at rose bowl, giants stadium, etc.
one JT show and 3-4 IE for me

Yes, but the article also says a lengthy tour. 10 concerts is definitely not lengthy. Lengthy would be more like 25-30 shows in the US, some in Canada, maybe one or two in Mexico, then the rest in Europe.

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
JT anniversary show or SOE tour
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2016, 05:05:09 PM »
I'd rather see a limited number of TJT shows and a full-scale, regular tour with the standards and some SoE material. I love TJT, but if they're only playing that album live, it's going to be a relatively short concert and I'm sure some fans would feel ripped off by that.

Most bands doing these anniversary style gigs tend to play the album in full plus a few hits afterwards.

Patti Smith played Horses in full then the greatest hits.

I saw Kula Shaker last week play K in full and they also played the b sides and a few unreleased songs from that era as well as 3-4 new songs

U2_One

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2016, 05:11:56 PM »
If it's a lengthy stadium tour, I wonder if the shows will combine the JT anniversary and SOE? Perhaps the typical amount of new songs plus more JT songs than usual/rarities from JT? Guess we'll learn more soon enough.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 05:14:41 PM »

Most bands doing these anniversary style gigs tend to play the album in full plus a few hits afterwards.

Patti Smith played Horses in full then the greatest hits.

I saw Kula Shaker last week play K in full and they also played the b sides and a few unreleased songs from that era as well as 3-4 new songs

If they're trying to match their 360 tour, they're going to have to do close to 25 songs. Now, if that's TJT (11 tracks) plus another 14 tracks (let's say 4 from SoE/SoI and the rest from their hits), I'd be OK with that.

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2016, 05:38:54 PM »
Not that excited for stadium shows. See one stadium show and/or many arena shows. The venue and cities played will determine my vacation plans.

Plus, I'd like to hear the new album before I decide what show(s) to see.

Online georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2016, 06:28:01 PM »
I've never seen them live before, so if they do end up doing both in the UK I can consider myself very lucky and very skint!

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2016, 07:27:38 PM »
I've never seen them live before, so if they do end up doing both in the UK I can consider myself very lucky and very skint!

I remember how excited/happy I was to see them for the first time in 2009. You will have a blast at the concert and it'll probably make you like their music even more.

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2016, 08:16:34 PM »
SOE. We don't need U2 to be reminiscing about the good ol' days and scrapping the entire album.

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2016, 02:16:12 AM »
On the JT reissue there's the track Introduction to Songs of Experience...

Maybe they will play JT in full then Introduction to Songs of Experience and tell the crowd they've spent the last 30 years writing SOE and then play a few tracks from that

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2016, 02:21:56 AM »
JT tour will get the casual fans like my Mam and Dad back in the stadiums ... it'd do very well ... there's still an army of U2 fans who went off them in the 90's when they went "Weird" my parents love everything up to Rattle and Hum. I work with lots of people who say the same. U2 got my folks interested again when they released Beautiful Day.  When I told them about maybe a JT tour they seemed VERY interested in seeing that.