Poll

With the new announcement today, which would you rather see ?

JT anniversary, I'd love to hear as much of the album as possible
6 (9.8%)
SOE live, I like to hear new material
16 (26.2%)
both if finances, time and travel distance allow it !
37 (60.7%)
none. I already saw the IE tour and JT anniversary doesn't interest me
2 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: JT anniversary show or SOE tour  (Read 2501 times)

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
Re: JT anniversary show or SOE tour
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2016, 04:24:09 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
   I saw "The Joshua Tree" concert in Pontiac in the late '80s and it was incredible.  But, given the choice, I would rather see a new tour with a mix of hits rather than a re-hash of the old era.  I'm sure there are many fans who would prefer to see their '80's style show, though.

I was in there with you. This video was shot by someone in the press box. Drop down from where this camera was to the lower bowl and go a dozen rows closer to the field, and you would've been in my seat.     You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Were either of you guys at the Zoo TV show in Auburn Hills, MI? I wasn't, but my brother in law was. I guess it's known as the infamous pizza show.

It's times like these I wish I had been born a decade earlier to have enjoyed the JT/Zoo concerts.

Offline John Galt

• Numb
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2016, 04:45:40 PM »
   I saw "The Joshua Tree" concert in Pontiac in the late '80s and it was incredible.  But, given the choice, I would rather see a new tour with a mix of hits rather than a re-hash of the old era.  I'm sure there are many fans who would prefer to see their '80's style show, though.

I was in there with you. This video was shot by someone in the press box. Drop down from where this camera was to the lower bowl and go a dozen rows closer to the field, and you would've been in my seat.     You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Were either of you guys at the Zoo TV show in Auburn Hills, MI? I wasn't, but my brother in law was. I guess it's known as the infamous pizza show.

It's times like these I wish I had been born a decade earlier to have enjoyed the JT/Zoo concerts.

You're wishing your life away, love , you're wishing your life away.

Offline rantnnravin

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2016, 04:49:12 PM »
I'm proud to say I never let go of my U2 fandom and always found something to like on their albums.  Were "Pop" and "Zooropa" challenging?  Yes, but the fans who dropped out in that period missed out on some great music.

Nope - I'm too much of a music fan and too honest to settle for anything less than their best. Never stopped being a fan, but wasn't going to waste my time or money on garbage like Bono's "MacPhisto" phase. To each his own.

...and yet you did.   :P

Some folks like disco/electronica - others prefer rock-and-roll.  I became a fan of a post-punk/rock-and-roll band - that band has finally returned. I suppose we should agree to disagree.  ;)

JT in its entirety would be spectacular.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2016, 06:20:25 PM »
Yes, I did see the ZooTV show at the Palace.  What was the pizza thing again?  I don't remember that part of it? 

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2016, 08:17:49 AM »
Yes, I did see the ZooTV show at the Palace.  What was the pizza thing again?  I don't remember that part of it? 

Bono used his one phone call from the stage to order pizza for the crowd. If you go to the last page of The Official U-Tube Thread in the Video section of the forum, you can find a link to it there.

LightMyWay92

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2016, 09:03:27 AM »
I'm proud to say I never let go of my U2 fandom and always found something to like on their albums.  Were "Pop" and "Zooropa" challenging?  Yes, but the fans who dropped out in that period missed out on some great music.

Nope - I'm too much of a music fan and too honest to settle for anything less than their best. Never stopped being a fan, but wasn't going to waste my time or money on garbage like Bono's "MacPhisto" phase. To each his own.
The costumes and personas on the Zoo TV were (to me) fun and entertaining because they were done in moderation, not to mention the fact that the tour was in support of a great album.  It was when they wore god-awful costumes for an entire tour (Popmart) that I had a problem with it. 
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 09:13:17 AM by LightMyWay92 »

LightMyWay92

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2016, 09:06:44 AM »
That's cool, Friend.  I always remember April 30, 1987 as the date of my first U2 concert.  (I had seen them at the "Conspiracy of Hope" in Chicago, but I don't count that...).  I had my tickets well in advance and waited ever so impatiently for that date to arrive.  They did not disappoint and even exceeded my expectations.  Remember the opening chords of "Streets"?  Such great times!
What I wouldn't give now to have seen U2 on the Joshua Tree Tour!  They did play Chicago on that tour, and I live in Milwaukee.  Not that far away really, especially not for U2 at their peak! The two tours I most regret not seeing were JT and Elevation.

Offline ShankAsu

• Desert Rose
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2016, 08:01:26 PM »
I think Id always be interested in seeing a JT show.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2016, 08:20:35 PM »

You're wishing your life away, love , you're wishing your life away.

Nah, I'm pretty good with being under 30, just occasionally wish I could have witnessed some of these artists in their prime live.

Bono used his one phone call from the stage to order pizza for the crowd. If you go to the last page of The Official U-Tube Thread in the Video section of the forum, you can find a link to it there.

Yup. I think he ordered something like 10,000 pizzas, but only around 100 were actually delivered.

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2016, 09:47:43 PM »
A couple of interesting images have cropped up on Facebook... visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2016, 10:31:03 PM »
A couple of interesting images have cropped up on Facebook... visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Damn, looks pretty legit!

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2016, 08:32:30 AM »
I would definitely do both if I could. If I had to pick I'd prefer the new material and a standard show. TJT is my all-time favorite album, so obviously I'd be thrilled to hear it live, but I wouldn't want to miss out on the new stuff and the surprises that come with a new tour.

Offline John Galt

• Numb
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2016, 08:47:46 AM »
All these febrile imaginations stirred by someone simply saying they're going to play some 'very special shows'. ::)

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2016, 08:50:53 AM »
All these febrile imaginations stirred by someone simply saying they're going to play some 'very special shows'. ::)

We're just having fun and speculating. Obviously no one knows for sure but it's fun to guess at what they might be up to.

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2016, 11:10:49 AM »

We're just having fun and speculating. Obviously no one knows for sure but it's fun to guess at what they might be up to.

Exactly, it's good fun speculating and seeing the buzz on the forums as new music and live shows are imminent