Author Topic: I heard a rumor...  (Read 9094 times)

Offline John Galt

• Numb
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
Re: I heard a rumor...
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2017, 04:26:42 PM »
I think if the next tour is going to be a stadium tour it will have a general name like 360 did and not be named after the next album.  I think the stage design will be independent of the next album.  I'm not convinced the next album is even going to be called Songs of Experience.  This way they can play as many or as few Joshua Tree songs as they like.

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2017, 05:06:44 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think if the next tour is going to be a stadium tour it will have a general name like 360 did and not be named after the next album.  I think the stage design will be independent of the next album.  I'm not convinced the next album is even going to be called Songs of Experience.  This way they can play as many or as few Joshua Tree songs as they like.

Well Bono did just tell us that "Songs of Experience" is coming.

Offline John Galt

• Numb
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2017, 05:08:35 PM »

Well Bono did just tell us that "Songs of Experience" is coming.

Before Songs of Ascent or afterwards?

Offline DPardue

• Wanderer
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2017, 06:05:43 PM »
I think the logical progression of an album and a tour got really thrown off with the (assumed) delay of "Songs of Experience".  An Innocence tour followed by an Experience tour 6-12 months later would have made sense.  Here we are in 2017 and there is still no confirmation of exactly when the album will be released nor when the tour might follow. I believe had the band released "Songs of Experience" within a reasonable amount of time after "Songs of Innocence", these Joshua Tree shows could have pretty much stood on their own and would have been a nice way to wrap up the Innocence+Experience phase.  It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to call a tour Innocence+Experience with a delay this long between the two with a Joshua Tree commemoration thingy sandwiched in between. 

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
I heard a rumor...
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2017, 02:47:47 AM »
I don't see U2 giving up on the stage design investment I+E required. I'm sure they'll use it to tour for SOE.
That short JT tour we're talking about requires very little since it's a back to basics.
Less is more.

Also, in terms of set-list I forgot things like Silver & Gold or Sweetest Thing.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2017, 06:49:11 AM »
I don't see U2 giving up on the stage design investment I+E required. I'm sure they'll use it to tour for SOE.
That short JT tour we're talking about requires very little since it's a back to basics.
Less is more.

Also, in terms of set-list I forgot things like Silver & Gold or Sweetest Thing.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
There's no way that they've made enough $$$ to just scrap the stage at this point, so we will have to see SOE sometime soon.

Offline markt

• Refugee
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2017, 10:21:55 AM »
ES Devlin did refer to an I+E stadium stage design in her CV back when the I+E tour was first launched.  I have just checked and it now just says arena tour but not sure when she removed the "stadium" reference. 

It could have been a while ago but probably because she had accidently leaked the info.  Irrespective of TJT my guess is they always planned to take I+E outdoors, the reference to it in her CV was a clear sign of their intent IMHO.

However I am just as confused as to how the special TJT shows relate to any tour for SoE.. maybe we will find out on the 9th.  I just hope they don't make another mess of the announcement and start making promises they cannot follow through with... anyone remember the alternate Innocence and Experience nights :-) ?

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2017, 10:25:56 AM »
ES Devlin did refer to an I+E stadium stage design in her CV back when the I+E tour was first launched.  I have just checked and it now just says arena tour but not sure when she removed the "stadium" reference. 

It could have been a while ago but probably because she had accidently leaked the info.  Irrespective of TJT my guess is they always planned to take I+E outdoors, the reference to it in her CV was a clear sign of their intent IMHO.

However I am just as confused as to how the special TJT shows relate to any tour for SoE.. maybe we will find out on the 9th.  I just hope they don't make another mess of the announcement and start making promises they cannot follow through with... anyone remember the alternate Innocence and Experience nights :-) ?

I could be wrong but maybe she worked on the design and they gave up the idea. It doesn't mean she can't put it on her CV since the designing job was done.

Offline markt

• Refugee
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2017, 11:30:23 AM »

I could be wrong but maybe she worked on the design and they gave up the idea. It doesn't mean she can't put it on her CV since the designing job was done.

Yeah could be... who knows!  This is going to be a long week...

Offline zummo

• Babyface
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2017, 02:53:43 PM »
who knows, maybe they do something goofy like have a giantic joshua tree shaped b stage jutting off the regular old school 87 stage

PookaMacP

« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2017, 06:55:55 AM »
who knows, maybe they do something goofy like have a giantic joshua tree shaped b stage jutting off the regular old school 87 stage

Now this reads like a suspiciously good call!