Author Topic: Will SOE be delayed till Fall of 2017?  (Read 5454 times)

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
Re: Will SOE be delayed till Fall of 2017?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2017, 02:24:56 PM »
I'm sick of the 'thinks'..  :(

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2017, 06:28:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If all the rumors are true...

JT tour in U.S. In the Spring
Bonnaroo in June
Europe JT dates in the Summer

When exactly would it make sense to release SOE. I'd be surprised to see it out by March as it's been suggested.

Unless they do JT stadium and SOE arenas mix, we might be waiting awhile.

What do you think makes sense from a marketing perspective? Would music fans be reminded of their awesomeness in the nostalgia tour AND go to SOE as well (or at least buy the record).

Maybe they think SOE is so strong that it stands up well against TJT and we will be impressed that the 2 records were 30 years apart.

The 1st and 3rd are pure conjecture by people on this forum with over-active imaginations. No one from the U2 camp said anything about a "Joshua Tree Tour."

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2017, 07:56:40 PM »

Bonnaroo in June

When exactly would it make sense to release SOE. I'd be surprised to see it out by March as it's been suggested.

What do you think makes sense from a marketing perspective? Would music fans be reminded of their awesomeness in the nostalgia tour AND go to SOE as well (or at least buy the record).

Maybe they think SOE is so strong that it stands up well against TJT and we will be impressed that the 2 records were 30 years apart.

The 1st and 3rd are pure conjecture by people on this forum with over-active imaginations. No one from the U2 camp said anything about a "Joshua Tree Tour."

Dates. I was using "tour" in a very broad sense. Maybe 5 dates on each Continent.

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2017, 08:00:27 PM »

Bonnaroo in June

Yes thanks for posting this.  When I read the OP I was truly not understanding what was being discussed.  JT nostalgia tour in 2017?  Are people here on hallucinatory meds?  Do they not pay any attention to what this band are about?

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2017, 08:03:17 PM »

Bonnaroo in June

Yes thanks for posting this.  When I read the OP I was truly not understanding what was being discussed.  JT nostalgia tour in 2017?  Are people here on hallucinatory meds?  Do they not pay any attention to what this band are about?

Was just repeating the Billboard article (the 1st one, before the Bonnaroo, Met Life, and European dates were removed).

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2017, 03:28:48 AM »
Songs of Tinkering will never, ever be released.

Offline fishcci

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2017, 11:43:34 AM »
What does Jick say?

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2017, 02:03:39 PM »

Bonnaroo in June

Thank you both for mentioning this. I've been saying for over a week now that I very much doubt the existence of a full TJT tour in 2017. Yes, they may do a few dates to celebrate it (hence the mention of very special shows), but an actual full on tour makes no sense. People heard Bono say 2017 will be busy for the band, SoE is coming, 30 years of TJT and some special shows to celebrate it. They lumped this all together to mean a TJT tour and oh yeah, SoE is coming out, too.

It's very telling that Billboard were quick to remove their source's statement that there will be a TJT stadium tour. It either means they were completely off base OR got in trouble for announcing it.

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2017, 02:06:38 PM »
People here get excited and make up all sorts of nonsense every time B opens his mouth.

Speculating is fun, it is part of the forum, but most of the theories here are just silly.

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2017, 02:15:57 PM »
I did say in the OP that IF the Billboard items were true....when would the release/tour of SOE be? 

I am more inclined to believe Billboard got in trouble for announcing Bonnaroo and MetLife and Euro dates. Would they totally make that up?  Alan Cross (Canadian music journalist) said he's hearing similar things as well.

The speculation of the OP was to be more about marketing strategy based on Billboard not the vague news Bono shared.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2017, 02:25:48 PM »
I did say in the OP that IF the Billboard items were true....when would the release/tour of SOE be? 

I am more inclined to believe Billboard got in trouble for announcing Bonnaroo and MetLife and Euro dates. Would they totally make that up?  Alan Cross (Canadian music journalist) said he's hearing similar things as well.

The speculation of the OP was to be more about marketing strategy based on Billboard not the vague news Bono shared.

Bonnaroo is almost certainly happening. It's all but confirmed at this point. The MetLife dates are probably true, too--this would make sense if they're doing a select number of stadiums for TJT. Note that this is not a full tour.

If I had to guess based upon what we've been hearing and the rumors:

SoE - Comes out sometime in late Spring. Fits in with the idea that the album has been completed (per Chris Evans) and Adam's statement a couple months ago that it would be out in the spring. Also possible that they wait until say July to drop it.

TJT Anniversary - Small number of dates around May. Possibly NY, LA, maybe Chicago, and maybe TX/AZ (spread it out around the country). Probably 1-2 dates in Europe. They could either do stadiums for this or do smaller venues (more intimate atmosphere).

SoE/standard greatest hits tour - Starts in the fall in the US, moves to Europe/other parts of the world after that. Most likely arenas.

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2017, 02:30:33 PM »
Rumor that SOE release will happen at the Apple event Spring 2017

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2017, 02:38:23 PM »

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Ha! Now you're just being silly.

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2017, 02:41:57 PM »

Ha! Now you're just being silly.

It could very well happen you know, Bono did say in 2014 AFTER the release of SOI that they are working with Apple on a new way of releasing albums, with new technology etc. It wasn't ready for SOI it will be ready for SOE.

Kind of makes sense if you ask me...

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2017, 02:44:04 PM »
Dear u2,

Please don't do another album launch with Apple.

Ta.

An Tha.