Author Topic: Will SOE be delayed till Fall of 2017?  (Read 5453 times)

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
Re: Will SOE be delayed till Fall of 2017?
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2017, 02:44:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Rumor that SOE release will happen at the Apple event Spring 2017

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You're funny.  ;D Apple have tried their hardest to distance themselves as much as possible from that whole debacle. Very telling that no iDevices at Apple Stores have that album in the iTunes library. Meanwhile, they've got plenty of Beyonce, Journey, Jay Z etc.

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2017, 02:46:56 PM »

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You're funny.  ;D Apple have tried their hardest to distance themselves as much as possible from that whole debacle. Very telling that no iDevices at Apple Stores have that album in the iTunes library. Meanwhile, they've got plenty of Beyonce, Journey, Jay Z etc.

Yeah valid point, but I think we should wait and see for 2017 because last year U2 were virtually non existent and in hibernation everywhere, 2017 could be there year and Apple may endorse them

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
Will SOE be delayed till Fall of 2017?
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2017, 02:53:31 PM »

Ha! Now you're just being silly.

It could very well happen you know, Bono did say in 2014 AFTER the release of SOI that they are working with Apple on a new way of releasing albums, with new technology etc. It wasn't ready for SOI it will be ready for SOE.

Kind of makes sense if you ask me...

I do remember that and I'm genuinely interested in what they could come up with...but if there is another Apple tie-in it better be the coolest thing since sliced bread.  Honestly, I can't even imagine what it could be...virtual reality, fan remix capabilities?

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2017, 02:58:25 PM »

Ha! Now you're just being silly.

It could very well happen you know, Bono did say in 2014 AFTER the release of SOI that they are working with Apple on a new way of releasing albums, with new technology etc. It wasn't ready for SOI it will be ready for SOE.

Kind of makes sense if you ask me...

I do remember that and I'm genuinely interested in what they could come up with...but if there is another Apple tie-in it better be the coolest thing since sliced bread.  Honestly, I can't even imagine what it could be...virtual reality, fan remix capabilities?

Apple Music came out in June 2015, 9 months after that statement. Most likely, that's what he was referring to as Apple did bill it as "changing the music industry."

I follow Apple closely (tech is a hobby of mine in addition to being part of my full-time work) and there has been no mention of any other new music technology being developed by them beyond Apple Music.

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2017, 02:58:59 PM »
There's no way U2 will tour TJT and then tour SOE. I predict that they will tour both. If you go to a U2 show in 2017 it will be JT heavy with some SOE and hits

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2017, 03:02:39 PM »
There's no way U2 will tour TJT and then tour SOE. I predict that they will tour both. If you go to a U2 show in 2017 it will be JT heavy with some SOE and hits

Huge difference between a few TJT dates to celebrate and a full on tour. It's illogical to do a full TJT tour and a full SoE tour. Would make more sense to do those few TJT dates and then a regular SoE/greatest hits tour later on in the year. Not at all taxing on the band and keeps all parties happy (Live Nation, the fans, and presumably U2 unless they don't want to do any touring in 2017).

Offline John Galt

• Numb
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2017, 04:21:56 PM »
I'm still trying out figure out how they're going to cover their costs playing just a few dates on the Joshua Tree 2.0 tour.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2017, 04:30:33 PM »
I'm still trying out figure out how they're going to cover their costs playing just a few dates on the Joshua Tree 2.0 tour.

Judging by the ticket prices on the last tour i think i have an idea how...

Offline John Galt

• Numb
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2017, 04:39:01 PM »

The production costs for a stadium tour are considerable.  I think it was said they had to play about 44 shows on 360 just to break even.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2017, 04:43:33 PM »

The production costs for a stadium tour are considerable.  I think it was said they had to play about 44 shows on 360 just to break even.

Yes...but 360 had a monstrosity of a stage that would have cost a fortune to make and assemble...in fact didn't they have to have a couple of them to get load ins done for shows quickly enough...

Taking a very stripped down set up around a small mumber of places probably pretty spaced out timewise and charging a fortune for tickets will see them make their money easily enough.

That is if they do indeed go down the road of playing a few stadium shows - at the mo we just don't know, but as always the speculation is fun...

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2017, 04:48:11 PM »

Yeah, i heard it was a million a day or so?
Ticket prices for seats were just through the roof.My hope is they
play open fields, and have affordable tickets. Well.................
one can dream.............

Offline John Galt

• Numb
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2017, 04:53:06 PM »

Yes...but 360 had a monstrosity of a stage that would have cost a fortune to make and assemble...in fact didn't they have to have a couple of them to get load ins done for shows quickly enough...

Taking a very stripped down set up around a small mumber of places probably pretty spaced out timewise and charging a fortune for tickets will see them make their money easily enough.

That is if they do indeed go down the road of playing a few stadium shows - at the mo we just don't know, but as always the speculation is fun...

Still very expensive production costs and if people pay exorbitant ticket prices to see a show in a stadium there's going to be a lot of unhappy punters when all they see is a bog standard stage at the other end of a stadium.  North Americans especially are going to want more fancy gimmickry than Bono's spotlight during Bullet the Blue Sky while attacking the USA's drone strikes.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2017, 05:07:26 PM »

Like An Tha said, 360 was a huge production where a lot of cost went into the design and pre-production. They could do stadiums for JT with minimal staging and few screens without racking up huge costs.

Think about it, with an average audience of 50,000 @ an average of $150 per ticket and let's say an average of $15 merchandise per person you get a gross of $8,250,000 per show. If JT tour played 20 shows in N. America and 10 shows in Europe in the spring/early summer that's a gross of $247,500,000 for only 30 shows. Let's not kid ourselves, it's the $ that have U2 talking about JT shows.

They could finish the year off in Australia/Japan/S.America for the start of the SOE tour and come back to N.America/European arena's for SOE in early 2018.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2017, 05:09:53 PM »

Still very expensive production costs and if people pay exorbitant ticket prices to see a show in a stadium there's going to be a lot of unhappy punters when all they see is a bog standard stage at the other end of a stadium.  North Americans especially are going to want more fancy gimmickry than Bono's spotlight during Bullet the Blue Sky while attacking the USA's drone strikes.

People go see Springsteen and Pearl Jam in stadiums and they have no stage show at all. Of course that would mean Bono having to up his game a bit to put on a show where it's just the music that does the talking.

Offline John Galt

• Numb
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2017, 05:13:58 PM »
They could just do a 100 date stadium tour in 2017/18 performing songs from the new album and oldies, and make it a fancy stage show.  Or continue with the I+E tour in arenas but with different set-lists.

It would simplify things.