Author Topic: Will SOE be delayed till Fall of 2017?  (Read 4823 times)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: Will SOE be delayed till Fall of 2017?
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2017, 04:00:04 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
IMO, if the album is coming this year, it will be released Black Friday. If we get into fourth quarter (October 1) and there has been no announcement, it will be Spring 2018 at the earliest.

Personally, my gut is telling me:

Album announced after the conclusion of TJT.
Album is released Black Friday.
Tour dates are announced at the end of the year.
Tickets go on sale at the beginning of January.

The tour mirrors the I+E stage but with minor revisions. This is an exhaustive tour, hitting every continent except Antarctica, lol, and sadly, we don't see the guys for a long, long time.

see this makes the most sense to me, but since it's U2, it won't happen like this. and it will be infuriating that they're playing this new song at most shows and then disappear like a fart in the wind and do nothing with it. watch it not even end up on the album or b-sides.

Offline Blueyedboy

• Running to Stand Still
  • Embrace the challenge
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2017, 09:59:26 PM »
IMO, if the album is coming this year, it will be released Black Friday. If we get into fourth quarter (October 1) and there has been no announcement, it will be Spring 2018 at the earliest.

Personally, my gut is telling me:

Album announced after the conclusion of TJT.
Album is released Black Friday.
Tour dates are announced at the end of the year.
Tickets go on sale at the beginning of January.

The tour mirrors the I+E stage but with minor revisions. This is an exhaustive tour, hitting every continent except Antarctica, lol, and sadly, we don't see the guys for a long, long time.

see this makes the most sense to me, but since it's U2, it won't happen like this. and it will be infuriating that they're playing this new song at most shows and then disappear like a fart in the wind and do nothing with it. watch it not even end up on the album or b-sides.

Haha, you could be right there, maybe the song is getting more of a trial than a preview. I have to confess that I haven't heard the track in full so cannot comment on whether its decent or not, but, I quite like the idea of the band not hiding away all the songs that don't make the cut. The band no longer have the luxury of B sides to gauge interest in a particular direction (or to deflect the ire of fans in biblical proportion fume about a song that doesn't cut the mustard) so maybe this is the new way of testing the water?
If the song does not make the album due to there being 12 better songs at their disposal then everyone's a winner, if it doesn't make the cut because it doesn't work live or its been watered down into something else then that's a different conversation.

I'm still waiting for Soon to make it onto an album. I love everything about that song, but I guess having two chanty (is that even a word) tracks on the same album (UC being the other) didn't work.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2017, 10:13:13 PM »
oh im certain Soon, North Star, Mercy won't ever be on an album. i'm just waiting for the studio version of NS from Transformers 3 to leak online.

if TLT isn't on SOE i hope it makes the disc 2 of the deluxe ala Crystal Ballroom and Lucifers Hands.

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2017, 11:33:03 PM »
if TLT isn't on SOE i hope it makes the disc 2 of the deluxe ala Crystal Ballroom and Lucifers Hands.
I'd be shocked if Little Things doesn't wind up on SOE... it's been played multiple times live, including once on TV, and Bono even said it would be the last track on the album.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2017, 11:35:38 PM »
I'd be shocked if Little Things doesn't wind up on SOE... it's been played multiple times live, including once on TV, and Bono even said it would be the last track on the album.

yea thats honestly the part i DO tend to believe, but as for the album itself.....we'll see

monopoly

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2017, 12:49:40 AM »
oh im certain Soon, North Star, Mercy won't ever be on an album. i'm just waiting for the studio version of NS from Transformers 3 to leak online.

NS already leaked years ago. Sounds like a Disney fairytale version