Author Topic: Rumor roundup  (Read 21010 times)

Waffles

Rumor roundup
« on: January 04, 2017, 03:27:31 PM »
Lots of rumors are going around so here's some more:

Stadiums in Europe (may-august)
Starts May 12
Two shows at MetLife
And a pair of shoes in Rome in July

Waffles

Re: Rumor roundup
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 03:32:11 PM »
Someone's also posting about barcleona

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 03:36:40 PM »
Official sources or just guessing the obvious European cities they normally play? I'd add Glasgow or Edinburgh, London and Dublin in there too :) #wishfulthinking

Waffles

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 03:40:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Official sources or just guessing the obvious European cities they normally play? I'd add Glasgow or Edinburgh, London and Dublin in there too :) #wishfulthinking

This is stuf that's being passed around like nuts on instagram and twitter. Just search #u2 on google and you should see stuff like this

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 03:44:49 PM »
There's loads of rumors spreading. We could even get the announcement tomorrow you know! That said I hope they do Europe first. Maybe London \ Olympic stadium for London,  it'll be the first concert in that stadium too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mattbel123

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 03:46:01 PM »
Someone mentioned Metlife June 24

Waffles

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 04:16:13 PM »
It seems like US is first, then Europe, then possibly US in the fall, then Europe, then SA/Australia 2018

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 04:28:09 PM »
Those shows are for JT or SOE?

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 04:36:25 PM »
Don't forget Bonnaroo. It looks like that festival will happen from June 8 to 11 so it falls in line with the Rose Bowl show.

Waffles

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 06:38:05 PM »
Another rumor: a remixed JT single to be released before start of stadium shows.

Offline fresno dave

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "You wanted violins.." about.me/davewainscott
Re: Rumor groundup
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 07:29:13 PM »
Interesting..we have Comcast Cable TV (in USA)..the on demand videos for U2 have been slim; just two or three selections forever  (SOI).  Now, all of a sudden, there are tons of videos available, spanning their whole career.  Is this ever a sign that things are heating up?  Prepping for a new album and/or Joshua Tree anniversary shows?

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
Re: Rumor groundup
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 07:41:56 PM »
Interesting..we have Comcast Cable TV (in USA)..the on demand videos for U2 have been slim; just two or three selections forever  (SOI).  Now, all of a sudden, there are tons of videos available, spanning their whole career.  Is this ever a sign that things are heating up?  Prepping for a new album and/or Joshua Tree anniversary shows?

Now that is interesting. I have Xfinity as well. I'll have to check and see what all they've got on there.

Worth noting that Rocksmith of all games finally got licensing rights for some U2 DLC.

Don't know if this means anything. Most likely not, but it's good promotional stuff for sure.

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 09:33:12 PM »
Seems as if Oseary has wisened up.

Offline slarb

• Babyface
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 10:47:59 PM »
I believe Comcast owns NBC/Universal (or is it the other way around?). Either way, Universal UMG distributes U2. So the Comcast on demand upswing may indeed be a harbinger of U2 heating up the media hype machine.

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 11:16:36 PM »

Now that is interesting. I have Xfinity as well. I'll have to check and see what all they've got on there.

Worth noting that Rocksmith of all games finally got licensing rights for some U2 DLC.

Don't know if this means anything. Most likely not, but it's good promotional stuff for sure.

They actually released the Rocksmith DLC songs today.  With our Without You, Streets, SBS, Vertigo and BD are the 5 songs.  It is the first DLC of the year of the game and they seem to be making a big deal about it.