Author Topic: Rumor roundup  (Read 21066 times)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: Rumor roundup
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2017, 11:34:33 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is there going to be a concert DVD?

let them officially announce the tour before wondering when we'll get a dvd of the tour lol

Offline The Slow Loris

• Refugee
« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2017, 11:45:08 AM »
My question is Bono going to wear a wig with long hair (all the same length) and keep the lights dim so he looks like his JT days? Would be great.

And they could open with The Dalton Brothers..... Or they can open with the current U2, as their experienced selves, and play a few songs from the new album.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2017, 11:59:17 AM »
see i'd hate for them to go as far as rewearing the cowboy outfits. that would reek of nostalgic cash grab tour. performing the songs is fine but lets keep it classy and not desperate.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2017, 12:01:03 PM »
Why are they going back to the US again,surely the rest of the world deserves a look in ,Europe got short changed last time out as usual eastern Europe ,South America,Australia,NZ,Japan completely ignored, they have a massive fan base in these countries so hopefully they feature on the tour this time.We know the band have an obsession with the US but TJT is a universal album ,Streets is about Africa,RTSS is about Dublin,One Tree Hill NZ,Bullet South America as is Mother's,RHMT miners strike in UK apart from In God's country it has little relevancy regarding the US.

Because sadly the music industry is based here. A majority of it being in Los Angeles.

Also, they "closed" the last tour in Europe, it's been nearly 2 years since they played the US, so it makes sense that they would start the next tour in the US.

What will be interesting is where they start the SoE tour next fall (arenas, from what we've heard). I feel like they'd be wise to start the SoE tour in South America since they're rumored to be playing the US and Europe during the spring/summer.

see i'd hate for them to go as far as rewearing the cowboy outfits. that would reek of nostalgic cash grab tour. performing the songs is fine but lets keep it classy and not desperate.

This. I would be OK with a nod to Macphisto (on another tour) but too much of the nostalgia is a bad thing.

Offline Giga Razor

• Stateless
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2017, 01:12:41 PM »
Why are they going back to the US again,surely the rest of the world deserves a look in ,Europe got short changed last time out as usual eastern Europe ,South America,Australia,NZ,Japan completely ignored, they have a massive fan base in these countries so hopefully they feature on the tour this time.We know the band have an obsession with the US but TJT is a universal album ,Streets is about Africa,RTSS is about Dublin,One Tree Hill NZ,Bullet South America as is Mother's,RHMT miners strike in UK apart from In God's country it has little relevancy regarding the US.

Because sadly the music industry is based here. A majority of it being in Los Angeles.

Also, they "closed" the last tour in Europe, it's been nearly 2 years since they played the US, so it makes sense that they would start the next tour in the US.

What will be interesting is where they start the SoE tour next fall (arenas, from what we've heard). I feel like they'd be wise to start the SoE tour in South America since they're rumored to be playing the US and Europe during the spring/summer.

This. I would be OK with a nod to Macphisto (on another tour) but too much of the nostalgia is a bad thing.
I Wouldn't hold my breath for a separate SOE tour that seems more of an expectation from over enthusiastic fan's,I really think its pointless touring the US again in less than 2 years doesn't make any sense whatsoever unless as previously stated they had pre booked these venues thinking SoE would be out.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:28:59 PM by Giga Razor »

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #125 on: January 07, 2017, 01:58:51 PM »

I Wouldn't hold my breath for a separate SOE tour that seems more of an expectation from over enthusiastic fan's,I really think its pointless touring the US again in less than 2 years doesn't make any sense whatsoever unless as previously stated they had pre booked these venues thinking SoE would be out.

It's pretty pointless releasing an album and not touring it. I heard someone else say that this mini-tour is just a way to placate Live Nation for not touring in 2016, and so that they can have a bit more time to tweak and then release SoE later in 2017.

The difference between this mini-tour and a SoE tour is that this tour is happening on very limited dates in select cities in stadiums. SoE would be arenas and would likely see them going all over the US, not just a select number of cities.

If this is the only tour they end up doing for the next 2-3 years (or more), you're going to have a lot of disappointed fans.

Offline Ringerbell

• Babyface
« Reply #126 on: January 07, 2017, 02:51:19 PM »
I guess Monday's announcement will be the US dates and European dates may get announced later ??

Croke Park shows will have to be July before the 29th as that's when GAA season really kicks off there and games take place every weekend til October

I've looked into it and only possible dates I can see that suit a croke park show (assuming European dates start in july) is weekend of 21/22/23 July. There is a 13 day gap between games taking place at end of July.  They have a 14 day gap at beginning of July to accommodate the Coldplay concert on 8th July

To strength the argument of them performing that weekend the croke park hotel is completely booked up and the hotels in Dublin have put their prices up in price (as they always do in lead up to concert announcements)

This weekend has also been used for concerts in croke park before with u2 performing during it in 2009 and the cancelled garth Brooks shows were also to be over this particular weekend.

After it the gaa calender gets extremely busy so no real free slots for concerts up until start of October

Offline This Dave

• Numb
« Reply #127 on: January 07, 2017, 03:04:22 PM »
My question is Bono going to wear a wig with long hair (all the same length) and keep the lights dim so he looks like his JT days? Would be great.

And they could open with The Dalton Brothers..... Or they can open with the current U2, as their experienced selves, and play a few songs from the new album.

Or we could just go watch a cover band.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #128 on: January 07, 2017, 03:09:23 PM »

Or we could just go watch a cover band.

i've seen many a cover band do a GREAT job covering entire albums and b-sides etc.

Offline mattbel123

• Wanderer
« Reply #129 on: January 07, 2017, 03:10:37 PM »
Thinking more about it, those dates are not correct. They make zero sense financially. Too much back and forth. I think the cities are correct but then someone threw dates to them. You can't get a stage from Cali to New York built and assembled in three days. They may have two stages but with only that many dates that wouldn't financially be a good idea.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #130 on: January 07, 2017, 03:31:31 PM »
Thinking more about it, those dates are not correct. They make zero sense financially. Too much back and forth. I think the cities are correct but then someone threw dates to them. You can't get a stage from Cali to New York built and assembled in three days. They may have two stages but with only that many dates that wouldn't financially be a good idea.

Weirdest thing I see is two dates in Texas in two separate cities when there are so few stops.

Offline mattbel123

• Wanderer
« Reply #131 on: January 07, 2017, 03:34:33 PM »
Philly to Dallas would even be a troublesome commute to build a stage.

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #132 on: January 07, 2017, 03:45:28 PM »
I honestly fail to understand why there is such consternation and angst from so many people here about the rumored tour 'details' - this is all just wild speculation at this point.  Why are people worried about this stuff.  It's all garbage until officially announced.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #133 on: January 07, 2017, 03:48:17 PM »
I honestly fail to understand why there is such consternation and angst from so many people here about the rumored tour 'details' - this is all just wild speculation at this point.  Why are people worried about this stuff.  It's all garbage until officially announced.

exactly. exactly.

but hey i am jacked IF the Dallas date is real. JT tour or not gimmegimme.

Offline mattbel123

• Wanderer
« Reply #134 on: January 07, 2017, 03:50:24 PM »

A good bit of the time leaked dates turn out to be true.