Author Topic: Rumor roundup  (Read 20693 times)

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
Re: Rumor roundup
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2017, 10:45:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So still waiting for rumours for French and British shows. Though It should be virtually guaranteed that they will be at least Paris and London.

First concert of London's Olympic Stadium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doubt it- World athletics championships and para athletics championships are on there in late July and Early August.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2017, 10:59:37 AM »
Just did some checking. Dont believe the Mumford and sons rumor. They're in Alabama from may 19-21, so rose bowl would not have an opening act...

This would make sense if the Rose Bowl date is in fact just a special TJT show. Could be that Mumford will be opening for U2's actual full tour later on in the year. As far as I can see, Mumford have no US dates lined up for 2017 aside from that festival.

Also, it looks like they're only playing one of those days (possibly the 21st?). U2 flew from Glastonbury one day to Michigan the next in 2011 and played shows on back to back days. Mumford could absolutely do the same.

Not a fan of Mumford, but not opposed to them opening (and have some family members who love their music and would see them open for U2). I pretty much come into any concert expecting to not like the opener, so if it's someone I like or am indifferent to, it's just an added bonus.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2017, 11:00:21 AM »
Just did some checking. Dont believe the Mumford and sons rumor. They're in Alabama from may 19-21, so rose bowl would not have an opening act...

If this is going to be a 'roots' type tour then it is a massive step backwards for U2.

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2017, 11:19:15 AM »
Just checked my cable box which is Comcast and can confirm it is completely filled to the brim with U2 video's and such.  This was not present last time I did a U2 search on Comcast, they only had a handful of stuff, now there are about 23 videos including the Paris concert.  Seems like the U2 machine is finally awake again.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2017, 11:25:55 AM »
Just checked my cable box which is Comcast and can confirm it is completely filled to the brim with U2 video's and such.  This was not present last time I did a U2 search on Comcast, they only had a handful of stuff, now there are about 23 videos including the Paris concert.  Seems like the U2 machine is finally awake again.

What's interesting is most of these videos are set to expire (or be removed from Xfinity) around 1/22. There were only one or two videos I saw which were set to expire in April.

I'm wondering why they'd add them for just a couple weeks, or if it's a glitch in the system. They have pretty much all the major music videos (didn't see ones like Electrical Storm, however).

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2017, 02:02:36 PM »
I predict they announce 6 to 10 shows on Monday and then stagger announcements as the year goes on.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2017, 02:10:05 PM »
I predict they announce 6 to 10 shows on Monday and then stagger announcements as the year goes on.

That would be a very nasty thing to do. If the closest show to me is Chicago, I spend the money and then they play Atlanta, I am going to be VERY displeased. I get that things change (like Bono's back for example) but you should announce your full tour unless something unforeseen changes the plans.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2017, 02:42:55 PM »

That would be a very nasty thing to do. If the closest show to me is Chicago, I spend the money and then they play Atlanta, I am going to be VERY displeased. I get that things change (like Bono's back for example) but you should announce your full tour unless something unforeseen changes the plans.

Agreed. The right thing to do would be to announce the whole tour at the same time...you know, like other bands do.

Waffles

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2017, 02:46:14 PM »
I don't like it when they do that. Of course, you could always buy the ticket insurance. I'm curious if this will be ticketless entry

Offline keaton

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2017, 02:49:21 PM »
you should announce your full tour unless something unforeseen changes the plans.

If it were up to me I'd make a law that requires bands to announce their tours by December 31 the previous year the latest  ;D

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2017, 09:37:28 PM »
Is Mumford and Sons still a band? I thought that they had broken up.

Waffles

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2017, 11:00:13 PM »
Is Mumford and Sons still a band? I thought that they had broken up.

Their last album was so brilliant.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2017, 08:11:13 AM »
you should announce your full tour unless something unforeseen changes the plans.

If it were up to me I'd make a law that requires bands to announce their tours by December 31 the previous year the latest  ;D

There are plenty of moving parts happening so I don't blame for staggering the concert date announcements. Plenty of this stuff is out of their control.

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2017, 08:53:27 AM »

There are plenty of moving parts happening so I don't blame for staggering the concert date announcements. Plenty of this stuff is out of their control.

That may be true to some extent but I think they could do a better job with announcing all their plans at once.  It's been very frustrating in the past when new cities are announced that would have been a better fit to my schedule than a show I already invested.  I know the "additional dates" that are added as a result of ticket sales is difficult to predict but that is frustrating as well.  I think I bought and sold NYC tix last tour 3 times because the additional dates worked better for me.

Offline Healy52003

• Babyface
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2017, 09:18:15 AM »
Have a feeling the Dublin shows (2x Croke Park shows in July) won't be announced next Monday

Love if they were as I could start planning but if they were TBA Monday surly the Irish press would of picked it up by now and Aiken would of put up a 'huge concert news coming Monday' thing on there social media

Hopefully they actually are Irish shows next summer