Author Topic: Rumor roundup  (Read 20710 times)

Waffles

Re: Rumor roundup
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2017, 08:54:02 PM »
No way, they will release a remix still haven't found with famous dj kygo!

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2017, 09:27:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
No way, they will release a remix still haven't found with famous dj kygo!

Oh god, please do not do this. No remixes of old hit songs.

Complete speculation: If it is true that they are releasing a JT single to promote the tour, it will probably be one they haven't released before as a single. For example, Blow Your House Down was the song they sent to radio stations to promote the Achtung Baby re-release. With that being said, I can see them releasing a finished Spanish Eyes. IMO it's the strongest outtake/b-side from the JT sessions.

Spanish Eyes would be great.

Offline dreadpirateroberts

• Babyface
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2017, 11:28:28 PM »
Don't know if this was posted already, but got this from the U2 subreddit. Reiterates a lot of stuff, but there is new information. Remember, a lot of these are rumors and should be taken with a grain of salt for now until Monday's announcement.
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2017, 11:50:54 PM »
I'm glad you reminded us to take these rumors lightly.  I was treating them all as fact and actually beginning to build my 2017 travel schedule around all these totally valid predictions.

Also really glad that we are now using Reddit as an info source.  Who would doubt what's posted there?

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2017, 12:01:10 AM »
oh GOD nothing even CLOSE to the Texas!!!! omg im gonna die. like really i'm so butthurt. and Noel opening in Europe? fml im gonna go lay down on the freeway.

Offline ultravioletlight

• Numb
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2017, 12:30:43 AM »
That last sentence on the Facebook post is really interesting.

Offline marcovox

• Wanderer
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2017, 12:34:28 AM »
That's the thing that scares me the most.  I know everyone says "don't believe it until it's official", but I mean... The signs are pointing in that direction.  Everyone said I don't believe Bonnaroo yadda yadda and the first rumor to come out from that was in early November and INCLUDED the JT theme. 

I get what you're saying... But I mean... The signs are there.  It's not really speculation when you have multiple sources claiming the same thing.

Offline marcovox

• Wanderer
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2017, 12:38:31 AM »
To add to my last post: Let's be real... Just for a second.  Huddle in... 

When they started planning SOI and the i+e tour, do you really think that had a WHOLE LEG of a REUNION tour interjecting in the middle of the I+e tour???

I don't see it.  Everything got shifted cause Bono broke his arm.  That's why we got those two random shows in October, and we're getting this awkward interjection this summer. 

I think this is the bad move.  They're gonna over saturate themselves for when SOE comes out and the i+e tour resumes.

Waffles

« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2017, 12:42:11 AM »
To add to my last post: Let's be real... Just for a second.  Huddle in... 

When they started planning SOI and the i+e tour, do you really think that had a WHOLE LEG of a REUNION tour interjecting in the middle of the I+e tour???

I don't see it.  Everything got shifted cause Bono broke his arm.  That's why we got those two random shows in October, and we're getting this awkward interjection this summer. 

I think this is the bad move.  They're gonna over saturate themselves for when SOE comes out and the i+e tour resumes.

I liked where I were going, but I completely disagree about bonos arm being the issue lol. The 2015 dates were planned long before so those plans weren't affected. Not sure how his accident affects 2 performances they were forced to do in 2016

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2017, 12:48:08 AM »
I am all for the JT Tour, but will they play all of JT and then some additional songs to make a complete set list that would last a full 2 hours or so?   Does this also mean SOE is coming out "after" the JT dates and they will not tour in support of SOE till 2018?   

I know U2 is still a huge band and all and I have been a fan since BOY, but will they really sell out 2 Rose Bowl shows to support a 30 year old album in addition to all the other rumored shows?  I love to see the boys succeed and wish and hope that the shows sell out, I am just curious how your market this type of concert and I would assume they expect huge turnouts or they would not be targeting stadiums. 

Bad timing for me however as in 2 1/2 weeks me and my Wife are moving to Idaho and starting a new job I don't think I could take time off to go back to California for the shows.  I have NEVER missed a U2 Tour, this JT tour might be my first due to my situation.

Offline J_Rock321

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Hiiipower
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2017, 12:49:02 AM »
But were does soe fits in all this?

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2017, 12:52:03 AM »
But were does soe fits in all this?

That is what I am wondering.  Will this be a JT themed tour but also have SOE songs? If it is not, we are not getting SOE till after this Tour is over.  I am really curious is if they do not release SOE will they even play and SOE songs at all or will we get SOE after the JT tour and then in 2018 they tour in support of SOE?  This gives them some time off and let people's wallets re-load and then in 2018 they hit arena's again and hit more cities and countries?

Offline marcovox

• Wanderer
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2017, 12:56:27 AM »
Waffles.. I might be wrong with Bono's arm.  But still... I think something messed up along the way and now they're trying to shoe horn this JT tour to appease Live Nation.  Where's that guy that kept saying ticket b******.  Thiiiis is where you say it! 

J rock... Who knows but if they go back into arenas, it's the same show just a new album. 

This is a bad bad move by them.  I agree where are they gonna sell 180 tickets for Rose Bowl, and then turn around and do more shows in LA.  They want to do 7 arena shows and 2 stadiums in 2 years??  This isn't adding up.

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2017, 01:00:52 AM »
Waffles.. I might be wrong with Bono's arm.  But still... I think something messed up along the way and now they're trying to shoe horn this JT tour to appease Live Nation.  Where's that guy that kept saying ticket b******.  Thiiiis is where you say it! 

J rock... Who knows but if they go back into arenas, it's the same show just a new album. 

This is a bad bad move by them.  I agree where are they gonna sell 180 tickets for Rose Bowl, and then turn around and do more shows in LA.  They want to do 7 arena shows and 2 stadiums in 2 years??  This isn't adding up.

I can't say, nor can anyone really say it is a bad move until we get some more information.  As far as selling 2 shows at the Rose Bowl, not sure if they can do that, but who knows.  I don't think them doing Rose Bowl x2 and then in 2018 doing arenas is going to be an issue.   More of what I am looking to see is what the show is going to entail.  Will they do all of JT to start, will they open with Streets, do other songs, and sprinkle of the JT throughout the show?  Lots of stuff to wonder about...but a little too early to know if it is a bad move or not.

Waffles

« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2017, 01:02:39 AM »
What will the stage layout be?
Will we hear acrobat?
Will they play tightrope?
What kind of speeches will bono give?
Is edge going back to hats to make this authentic?
Hmmmm I wonder so many things