Author Topic: Rumor roundup  (Read 21074 times)

Offline dreadpirateroberts

• Babyface
Re: Rumor roundup
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2017, 01:40:28 PM »
This is what I have compiled so far. These are just rumored cities and dates.

Bonnaroo: June 9th – 11th
Chicago: June 3rd (Soldier Field)
Cleveland: ? (FirstEnergy Stadium)
Los Angeles: May 20th, 21st (Rose Bowl)
New York: June 24th, 25th (MetLife Stadium)
Toronto: early June? (Skydome)
Vancouver: May 12th (BC Place)

There are also rumors of Boston, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington D.C. (Yes!).

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2017, 01:56:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This is what I have compiled so far. These are just rumored cities and dates.

Bonnaroo: June 9th – 11th
Chicago: June 3rd (Soldier Field)
Cleveland: ? (FirstEnergy Stadium)
Los Angeles: May 20th, 21st (Rose Bowl)
New York: June 24th, 25th (MetLife Stadium)
Toronto: early June? (Skydome)
Vancouver: May 12th (BC Place)

There are also rumors of Boston, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington D.C. (Yes!).

Something as limited as these 5-10ish cities should do well provided they're doing something like 2 sets at each show. Anything longer than that/hitting more cities with a TJT tour wouldn't play as well assuming their goal is to fill/sell out stadiums.

It seems like these are also pretty spread out and only in big cities, which is a good call on their part. Disappointing that so far, there's no MI date but I understand that since Chicago/Cleveland tend to do better with selling out big concerts.

Offline wik73

• Numb
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2017, 02:08:24 PM »
I believe it. I think they got scared. Pushed it off and decided with short JT tour to pacify the fans until the real teat arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline superstar905

• Stateless
« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2017, 02:11:40 PM »
June 24th, Metlife, New Jersey

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2017, 02:17:47 PM »
Why can't they just play the southeast. This is annoying

Offline paisley1985

• Babyface
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2017, 02:24:31 PM »
Currently [Corbijn] work together with #U2, who want to release their new album SOE in autumn“
Article in german about the forthcoming DM album Spirit but With this information about U2!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 02:27:29 PM by paisley1985 »

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2017, 03:19:38 PM »
Wondering if this announcement will involve SOE?

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2017, 03:33:03 PM »
I hope everyone here is ready to be disappointed/confused/irritated when the band announce something very different than all these wild guesses which are based on zero concrete information.  Hate to be Mr Doom and Gloom but why have people not learned the lesson to not take the band's strategic misinformation campaigns as legit.

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2017, 03:50:42 PM »
I hope everyone here is ready to be disappointed/confused/irritated when the band announce something very different than all these wild guesses which are based on zero concrete information.  Hate to be Mr Doom and Gloom but why have people not learned the lesson to not take the band's strategic misinformation campaigns as legit.

Post of 2017 so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2017, 04:35:01 PM »
My money is still on the spring 2017 release. I believe they have something in a finished state and finalising schedules and plans. However If the rumour of an announcement on Monday is true and there is no mention of an album or soe tour, then definitely trouble at mill.

They know it isn't possible to complete an album whilst on the road, so don't think they would announce album will be out in 2017 knowing it needs another 9 months in the oven.

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2017, 04:41:23 PM »
I also predict a single with a big JT vibe to reconnect with their 80's fan base.

Waffles

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2017, 04:41:44 PM »
These concerts are rumored to be in pairs. What if these shows arent JT and are actually IE putddors?

Offline opening night

• Stateless
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2017, 05:11:25 PM »
Second Rose bowl show now... The rumors sound more like a tour than just "special shows"

You were just wrong. Bono spoke about quality not quantity with the phrase "special shows". It was always very clear that this is a full tour! But well, take it easy.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2017, 06:07:59 PM »

I still agree with you on this. It's why when someone comes out and says "there's a rumor they're playing this venue or that venue" I always want to see a source. If it's a fan site that is being used as the source, you're best to treat it with a huge grain of salt.

It's why I'm really not going to believe anything I see on this (or any other site) until dates have actually been officially announced.

Offline Johnny_Mac12

• Refugee
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2017, 08:09:11 PM »
Complete speculation: If it is true that they are releasing a JT single to promote the tour, it will probably be one they haven't released before as a single. For example, Blow Your House Down was the song they sent to radio stations to promote the Achtung Baby re-release. With that being said, I can see them releasing a finished Spanish Eyes. IMO it's the strongest outtake/b-side from the JT sessions.