Author Topic: Will u2 be doing a documentary on retracing photo shoot to the Joshua tree?  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Mucksavages

• Stranger in a Strange Land
I heard a small rumour that there will also be a documentary about the day that u2 travelled thru Death Valley to take the iconic photos for the Joshua tree cover. Anyone else here this?

Offline ShankAsu

• Desert Rose
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
This is a documentary I'd like to see.  Always wondered if the band had ever been back to the now dead tree.

Offline imedi

• Child of Grace
would be cool.....anyone ever hear of a story of a dutch couple who died in the desert looking for u2s joshua tree...read an artical in a newspaper today about it

Offline John Galt

• Numb
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
would be cool.....anyone ever hear of a story of a dutch couple who died in the desert looking for u2s joshua tree...read an artical in a newspaper today about it

That's like the story about a Japanese woman who died in the snowy wastelands of Minnesota looking for the cached loot from Fargo.

Offline imedi

• Child of Grace

That's like the story about a Japanese woman who died in the snowy wastelands of Minnesota looking for the cached loot from Fargo.

lol no this was a dutch couple must find the artical

Offline ShankAsu

• Desert Rose
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
i thought it was a rumor and that they were looking in the national park (wrong location).  I would think its BS.  It took me a few hours and no its not easy to find a dead tree in the desert, but someone would have to have neglected any research to be that lost.

Offline imedi

• Child of Grace
i thought it was a rumor and that they were looking in the national park (wrong location).  I would think its BS.  It took me a few hours and no its not easy to find a dead tree in the desert, but someone would have to have neglected any research to be that lost.
found it a guus van hove and his wife got lost in august 2011 and died of heat stroke while searching for the site of u2s joshua tree......very sad

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
found it a guus van hove and his wife got lost in august 2011 and died of heat stroke while searching for the site of u2s joshua tree......very sad

can you post a link

Offline mofospacejunk

• Wanderer
I heard a small rumour that there will also be a documentary about the day that u2 travelled thru Death Valley to take the iconic photos for the Joshua tree cover. Anyone else here this?

They should do it as a SuperBowl ad. Doco wouldn't be any longer than 3 minutes.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out

Offline mofospacejunk

• Wanderer

This for real?

That's very sad. So two died back in 2011, and another couple today? Isn't the tree been cut down anyway.

I recall Bono said so when AB came out.

Offline DPardue

• Wanderer
The tree is no longer alive, but it's still there.

I thought I remember that it died from a lightning strike.

WookieeWarrior10

The tree is no longer alive, but it's still there.

I thought I remember that it died from a lightning strike.
Joshua Trees tend to topple over whenever they grow large. It probably became too top-heavy and collapsed.