Author Topic: KROQ removes article regarding u2 rose bowl rumor  (Read 2684 times)

Offline fishcci

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: KROQ removes article regarding u2 rose bowl rumor
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 05:54:17 PM »
Shocked they're coming to Cleveland! only a 20 minute drive for me-nice for a change... 8)

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 06:14:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Shocked they're coming to Cleveland! only a 20 minute drive for me-nice for a change... 8)

they should get The Pretenders and Los Lobos to open there, just like in '87.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2017, 06:16:09 PM »
I saw the "Joshua Tree" tour in the old Cleveland baseball stadium.  Wasn't the best venue, but still a great concert.

Offline seano0513

• Babyface
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2017, 10:11:18 PM »
Fans wanting U2 to play Sun Devil Stadium is not ridiculous. The JT Tour started and ended in Tempe. Sorry but Glendale, AZ just doesn't cut it. Some of you people don't get it. If they're gonna really do this 30th Anniversary thing and go down memory lane, then do it right.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2017, 11:13:08 PM »
I get that people have fond memories of the Streets segment of R&H, but the only reason is because the band happened to film there, and happened to actually show the stadium. It really doesn't have a lot of significance to the JT album or even the '87 tour. Oh forum fans, is there nothing you can't wring your hands about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline seano0513

• Babyface
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2017, 06:41:22 AM »
Arizona State has no significance to The JT Tour? That's absurd. They purposely started and ended the tour on those grounds as it's in the desert. It's like saying that Red Rocks has no significance to the War tour.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2017, 07:44:59 AM »
I would think that Arizona would have some significance.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
KROQ removes article regarding u2 rose bowl rumor
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2017, 08:10:56 AM »
Arizona State has no significance to The JT Tour? That's absurd. They purposely started and ended the tour on those grounds as it's in the desert. It's like saying that Red Rocks has no significance to the War tour.

Does Lakeland FL have significance to Zoo TV, then? Las Vegas to PopMart? Or is it filming a concert for us to see that makes it important?

The band played dozens, or hundreds, of shows on these tours. Where we saw them (live or on video) has far more significance to us than it does the band.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 08:13:10 AM by Johnny Feathers »

Offline ultraviolet86

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2017, 10:15:21 AM »
The band also makes it a point to always play at least a snippet, if not a full performance, of In God's Country every time they're in Arizona. So we obviously hold some significance to the band when it comes to The Joshua Tree.

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2017, 10:56:11 AM »
Right, that's it then. If they don't announce a sun devil stadium concert then I'm throwing all of my u2 CDs and DVDs in the bin. This Joshua tree celebration is worthless unless the band recreate EVERYTHING they did during that tour:

Bono must have long (dyed) hair, wear a waistcoat with nothing under it, revealing at least one nipple and a tuft of chest hair, have no wrinkles, and last but not least, have girly heals on his shoes. He must also dislocate his shoulder during one of the gigs.

The edge must have that long, pony-like crimped hair and have no facial hair. His jeans must be up-turned at the bottom. He also isn't allowed to smile.

Adam must dye his hair brown again, take up smoking and and go topless during the encore of every show. Let's not forget, he MUST wear those penny glasses or I will definitely feel short-changed. He also has to do backing vocal on at least one song.

Larry can just be his usual self, although the stretched face, Botox look has gotta go.

The stage must simply be a bunch of black boxes scattered on the stage, with no video screens, and under no circumstances will there be any hint of a walkway.

They simply have to return to the same church in Harlem and recreate ishfwilf, with the same people (dead or alive). And Larry must be provided with some bongos. Adam is not allowed to do ANYTHING at all during this segment (although clapping is optional).

If these obligations are fulfilled by the band then I will consider attending a show. If not, there'll be hell to pay lads!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 11:02:07 AM by miami »

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2017, 12:52:25 PM »
 :-*to the above post.  Good one.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2017, 01:16:10 PM »
ha ha .... all these demands !

Offline seano0513

• Babyface
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2017, 07:17:37 PM »
All the snarkiness is nauseating. If U2 goes down memory lane (which they've never done to this level), then they should do it right. Play Sun Devil Stadium....the tour started in Tempe and ended in Tempe. When else have they started a tour and ended it in the same city? The stadium is iconic (built into a mountain in the desert; one of the best moments of Rattle & Hum when it switches to color) and is an important piece of the 1987 tour. Why are people annoyed that other fans are asking for this? If it doesn't happen, life goes on. Either way, relax! 

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2017, 08:01:37 PM »

Does Lakeland FL have significance to Zoo TV, then? Las Vegas to PopMart? Or is it filming a concert for us to see that makes it important?

The band played dozens, or hundreds, of shows on these tours. Where we saw them (live or on video) has far more significance to us than it does the band.

Uhm actually no. Though I get your drift about localisim and special connections but Tempe does actually have strong connections. Not only did they film THE MOVIE, write several songs about desserts and film videos in said desserts they also closed and opened the tour. So when someone opens up a time capsule and wants to watch JT live footage it is going to be of Tempe. In the general public perception-it matters.

So you are wrong.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2017, 08:06:48 PM »

Uhm actually no. Though I get your drift about localisim and special connections but Tempe does actually have strong connections. Not only did they film THE MOVIE, write several songs about desserts and film videos in said desserts they also closed and opened the tour. So when someone opens up a time capsule and wants to watch JT live footage it is going to be of Tempe. In the general public perception-it matters.

So you are wrong.

LOL. Ok. And Zoo TV = Sydney, and PopMart = Mexico City, and Elevation = whichever video's location you prefer, Boston or Slane, etc.

Chill out. Buy tickets, or don't, and feel OUTRAGED the band isn't playing Arizona State. How dare they disappoint you.