Author Topic: Atu2 rose bowl official ad with lumineers  (Read 8418 times)

Waffles

Atu2 rose bowl official ad with lumineers
« on: January 08, 2017, 12:44:35 AM »
NO I HATE THE LUMINEERS THEY SUCK. On other stuff, it looks like they're only announcing one date right now and then in a month or two, they'll release the second show? Debating which one I want to do GA on

Waffles

Re: Atu2 rose bowl official ad with lumineers
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 12:48:36 AM »
Things to consider:

A majority of shows have two rumored dates. They may initially announce one and consider announcing the second show based on the reception of the first.
-this may mean second shows won't happen if u2 fails to meet demand similar to IE

Offline mc

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 01:09:53 AM »
Feeling a bit sad about this. Its like they have finally ran out of ideas.

Waffles

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 01:19:58 AM »
It's exciting for fans like me who couldn't see them in 1987 and have a chance at some rarities, but I get that it's kinda pathetic and almost heritage act-like

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 01:23:35 AM »
I think it's going to be a setlist like they had those days. But I don't like it. I thought they didn't like to go back to earlier albums..

But, my question: that picture could it be made at the dunes in the Netherlands by Anton Corbijn during the IE-tour?

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 04:10:20 AM »
Lumineers...gak. I think I gakked on another thread, but am still gakking over this. It's all too sad. sorry to be negative...I'm not usually like this.

Waffles

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 04:15:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Lumineers...gak. I think I gakked on another thread, but am still gakking over this. It's all too sad. sorry to be negative...I'm not usually like this.

Completely agree. They have some of the worst songs I've ever heard. Especially that annoying Ophelia one that just never seems to end

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 04:18:59 AM »

Completely agree. They have some of the worst songs I've ever heard. Especially that annoying Ophelia one that just never seems to end
A friend gave me one of their cd's awhile back...I couldn't even listen to the whole thing. I actually gave it to our local library, hoping that someone might like it. It didn't even sound like music to me. Disgusting that they are opening for U2.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 04:25:11 AM »
at least there is support for this...less live music for your money is never a good thing - was disappointing to see u2 go down that road last time.

on subject of support i have found down the years u2 crowds to be among the most negative towards support bands - always wondered why....seen lots of examples down years of u2 crowds staying sat down on floor, not applauding, showing no interest etc...

seen it at other bands shows too but u2 shows definitely among the worst for it..

Waffles

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 04:27:58 AM »
I enjoyed the black eyed peas and muse. Lenny kravitz was meh. Florence and the machine is decent but basically a modern fleetwood mac

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 05:18:53 AM »
The Lumineers almost put me to sleep last year when I sat through them for the killers

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 05:44:05 AM »
U2 have had some odd choices of support acts over the years but at least it's varied ... I think I've seen Cast, Kelis, Ash, and I can't remember who supported in Manchester for Vertigo ... Was it Idlewild?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline drjako

• Stateless
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 05:58:39 AM »
Feeling a bit sad about this. Its like they have finally ran out of ideas.

Exactly. Sadly I feel little for my favourite band of all time now. It wasn't meant to go like this. After two or so years since their last album, the promises of moving forward and a rapid follow up etc etc. and it appears to be going on the back burner for this? SoE may come out later in the year, or not.
Yes, two years isn't long between albums for U2, in fact it's pretty quick. But as usual, they talk about being in rich songwriting form, edge on fire blah blah. Then they lose their cohunas and go with a nostalgia tour instead.
They are well settled in their comfort zone and aren't going to be budged out of it. I wonder sometimes what Larry is thinking. He didn't like experimental sounds like a passengers but also said a couple of poor albums and they're done. It doesn't seem to matter now.
I also wonder what War era U2 would have thought if they could have seen themselves 30 years in the future hanging out with celebrities and rich and famous.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 06:33:05 AM »
I can see both sides of this, but I'm okay with it. Bruce Springsteen got similar criticism for touring The River album, but I listened to lots of his concerts over periscope last summer and they were always a good time. Don't like it, don't go.

Plus maybe some of you don't have 30 years to look back on, but I'm betting most of us are different people than we were 30 years ago. Not necessarily a bad thing.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 06:53:36 AM by lorijane »

Offline coolz481

• Refugee
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2017, 06:34:12 AM »
A Joshua Tree Tour could mean Exit, In God's Country, Trip Through Your Wires, and One Tree Hill get played regularly for the first time in nearly 30 years.  If they intend to fully replicate the '87 experience, that means cuts like A Sort of Homecoming, Gloria, and Two Hearts Beat As One will make a comeback too.  I don't mind a little summer nostalgia trip before getting to the new stuff come the fall.