Author Topic: Atu2 rose bowl official ad with lumineers  (Read 8430 times)

Offline kseguin

• Wanderer
  • Montreal, Newark, Dublin
Re: Atu2 rose bowl official ad with lumineers
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 06:46:23 AM »
Hey people, think about it.

The Joshua tree is the experience leading up to the Experience part of the I&E part of the tour.

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 07:15:50 AM »
I think there will be new songs galore on this JT tour ... I've heard Bono and Edge say before that they record the album release it and tour it and then are disappointed because then they find better arrangements or versions once they've toured them for a while. Maybe this tour will road test some SOE and then they bought some time to rework one or two songs before releasing it. Could be the making of a classic album.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 07:35:37 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think there will be new songs galore on this JT tour ... I've heard Bono and Edge say before that they record the album release it and tour it and then are disappointed because then they find better arrangements or versions once they've toured them for a while. Maybe this tour will road test some SOE and then they bought some time to rework one or two songs before releasing it. Could be the making of a classic album.

I'd be surprised if they didn't have at least one or two new songs on the tour. Maybe even rotating them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
Atu2 rose bowl official ad with lumineers
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2017, 07:37:37 AM »
Oh, Lumineers....they (and Mumford, if rumors are true) can be another on the list of lame openers for the band. Thing is, they'll probably even be somewhat popular with the crowd.

Offline dreadpirateroberts

• Babyface
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2017, 09:07:35 AM »
Sounds like The Lumineers will be opening for the first half of the U.S tour or till around early June. Then, I guess Mumford and Sons will finish out the second half.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2017, 09:21:31 AM »
The Lumineers just give me a chance to stay at the bar longer

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2017, 09:46:23 AM »
Actually I have 20 something kids who love the Lumineers.  This will be a draw for younger folks.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2017, 10:30:09 AM »
at least there is support for this...less live music for your money is never a good thing - was disappointing to see u2 go down that road last time.

on subject of support i have found down the years u2 crowds to be among the most negative towards support bands - always wondered why....seen lots of examples down years of u2 crowds staying sat down on floor, not applauding, showing no interest etc...

seen it at other bands shows too but u2 shows definitely among the worst for it..

I guess I got lucky in that the 2009 show had Snow Patrol (and they've got some pretty decent music) and the 2011 show had Florence (really good singer). Not at all excited for the Lumineers and hoping they have someone else for the other tour dates.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2017, 10:46:49 AM »
at least there is support for this...less live music for your money is never a good thing - was disappointing to see u2 go down that road last time.

on subject of support i have found down the years u2 crowds to be among the most negative towards support bands - always wondered why....seen lots of examples down years of u2 crowds staying sat down on floor, not applauding, showing no interest etc...

seen it at other bands shows too but u2 shows definitely among the worst for it..

I guess I got lucky in that the 2009 show had Snow Patrol (and they've got some pretty decent music) and the 2011 show had Florence (really good singer). Not at all excited for the Lumineers and hoping they have someone else for the other tour dates.

i saw the wonderful glasvegas at croke park in 2009 and they blew u2 away...

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2017, 10:49:55 AM »

i saw the wonderful glasvegas at croke park in 2009 and they blew u2 away...

I just started listening to Glasvegas recently, they are quite good so I wouldn't have minded them for this tour. At least they have a better sound than those ho hey guys.

Offline voitek207

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2017, 10:50:40 AM »
I think the new JT tour is just for meeting touring contract obligation with Livenation. Since SoE is being delayed over and over again they cannot fulfill touring contract with i+e tour without new album. So they are pulling out their perceived magnum opus to draw crowds and sell tickets.

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2017, 10:56:10 AM »
I can see both sides of this, but I'm okay with it. Bruce Springsteen got similar criticism for touring The River album, but I listened to lots of his concerts over periscope last summer and they were always a good time. Don't like it, don't go.

Plus maybe some of you don't have 30 years to look back on, but I'm betting most of us are different people than we were 30 years ago. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Completely agree.  Part of me was thinking that they are glorying the past a bit too much with this, but on the other hand, I think it is something they really want to do and when they are excited about doing something, it usually is a good thing for fans.  I also think the reason for this is that they probably know they won't be doing this for too much longer.  As a fan since the beginning, I don't like saying that they end is near, but when Joshua Tree turns 40, which will be 2027, I don't think U2 will still be out and about.  I think they feel this is a good time to do something like this.   

People suggesting what would 22 year old Larry or Bono think about 50's Bono or Larry, I mean we can all  say that about ourselves, things change.  At least with U2 doing this, they are doing it with one of the best albums recorded..not the very best, but one of the best and I am of with it.

Offline wik73

• Numb
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2017, 11:19:15 AM »
As a fan that didn't see a show til Zoo TV, I love this idea.

Offline Basskid

• Staring at the Sun
  • Even the hands of love...
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2017, 11:29:43 AM »
Lumineers...gak. I think I gakked on another thread, but am still gakking over this. It's all too sad. sorry to be negative...I'm not usually like this.

Completely agree. They have some of the worst songs I've ever heard. Especially that annoying Ophelia one that just never seems to end

I'm pretty sure Ophelia is under 3 minutes long...

Offline Basskid

• Staring at the Sun
  • Even the hands of love...
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2017, 11:34:10 AM »
Oh, Lumineers....they (and Mumford, if rumors are true) can be another on the list of lame openers for the band. Thing is, they'll probably even be somewhat popular with the crowd.

Mumford and Sons are an incredible live band and have a ton of really good songs.  I highly recommend checking them out. If you're less into the rootsy thing their third album Wilder Mind is electric guitar driven Alt. Rock!  The Lumineers are also pretty cool and kind of like a lighter version of Mumford.