Author Topic: Atu2 rose bowl official ad with lumineers  (Read 8427 times)

WookieeWarrior10

Re: Atu2 rose bowl official ad with lumineers
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2017, 09:19:38 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Pretty sure everybody's heard this song, it's quite the ear worm:

Oh, right... I remember that one. Very annoying song. I used to hear that everywhere!

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2017, 09:24:43 PM »
I love this forum!

Offline KenpoMatt

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • The first wealth is health.
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2017, 10:47:31 PM »
I enjoyed the black eyed peas and muse. Lenny kravitz was meh. Florence and the machine is decent but basically a modern fleetwood mac
Waffles, you seriously enjoyed BEP over Lenny? I saw BEP at the 360 in Vancouver and saw Lenny at the 360 in Seattle. Thought Lenny was way better. ( Music being subjective and all :) )

In all honesty yes. He was just weird and I'm not a fan of his songs. But in all fairness the rose bowl performance the BEP did was a little special. They brought out slash and did a little Guns N' Roses. Everyone went wild
Take your point on that one. Nuff said.

Waffles

« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2017, 11:01:55 PM »
How many Lumineers fans are gonna pay tickets probably north of $100 to see them play for 45 minutes or so? Not to many. The success of this tour will be based on how many casual U2 fans come back to see JT nostalgia.

You'd be surprised at how many do this for bands that don't come to their town very often. If they're your favorite band and you're desperate to see them live, you'll pay $100 for even a 45 minute setlist.

I just did a quick google search. Lumineers are currently touring North America and tickets are in the $40 range. Pretty unlikely their fans will drop over $100 to see an abbreviated set while they can pay half that and see a full set.

These shows may attract some Lumineers fans, but it will be minimal.

Most likely yes, was just saying this can and does happen. I even did it once for a band I liked (granted, those tickets were only around $30) and then left after their set was done because I could not stand the headliner.

I don't know the Lumineers, will have to check them out. 

But really let's think about this for a moment.  U2 had Kanye West and The Black Eyed Peas open for them in the past.  Can it really get worse than these 2 disasters?  The answer is no.  No, it cannot get much worse than that.

Kanye was/is actually a really good rap artist--not a fan of his music, but I've heard he puts on a great live show when he's not going crazy on stage. He's also very highly regarded in the rap world and is considered one of the best. The last time I even remotely liked a BEP song was "Where Is The Love", so I'm not going to defend them.

yes but rap is not music, so...

You can't be serious....?
Oh, this has got to be good!

My rap album recommendations for you:
Blueprint 3- jay Z
Marshall Mathers- eminem
All eyes on me- 2pac

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2017, 12:06:20 AM »
^ My nephew and I have a deal: I'll listen to two rap artists of his choosing if he listens to a couple of rock artists of my choosing. Looks like I'll be listening to some Kanye and Drake.

Waffles

« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2017, 12:31:37 AM »
^ My nephew and I have a deal: I'll listen to two rap artists of his choosing if he listens to a couple of rock artists of my choosing. Looks like I'll be listening to some Kanye and Drake.

I am so sorry, but your nephew has bad recommendations. Drake is a pop artist. Kanye is just not good...