Author Topic: Two concerts in a row- GA experience  (Read 2390 times)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Re: Two concerts in a row- GA experience
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2017, 05:12:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So, say I get a GA floor ticket for a stadium show this tour. If I rock up to the venue and start queuing up at around 2 hours before the doors open. What are my chances of making it close to the front when U2 start their set?

Your chances are zero.  During 360 tour, I arrived at around 6:30 a.m. And I was somewhere in the hundreds when the "line leader" came around to write our number on our forearm.  That landed us on the floor in front of the stage with only one row of people in front of us.  If you show up two hours before the show, you'll be on the ground, but WAY back.  No where near the front.

i have a friend who said he queued for about an hour at cardiff on 360 and he made it into the circle thing or whatever it was.....different places different situations but i can't imagine someone queueing up for 2 hrs being 'way back'

Too right - there's several thousand people in that section at the front - U2 are no longer "rock's hottest ticket" and there won't be several thousand people queuing up hours before the doors open.  If it's a weekday gig I'm pretty sure 2 hours would be more than enough to get you very close to the front.  You'll only be a long way back if you turn up at stage time, and even then you can walk around the side and get quite close up.  We have to remember that most people going to these shows are not u2 fanatics, just casual fans who like a few U2 songs and albums, and they'll be with their partners and friends near the back, where they can easily get to the bar.

Not studied the other venues on the tour but Twickenham is a relatively modest-sized stadium in London terms, so as far as stadium shows go this one will fairly intimate, and even those in the seats at the back should get an okay-ish show.

i saw REM at twickenham and was good sound, easy to move around and felt quite intimate....was nowhere near a sell out but that does not matter was a good show.

Regret not going to that one - best deal I got offered from a tout was 30 for a seat and I thought "I'm not sitting".  The 2008 tour sounded really good from the bootlegs, and it was the last time they played. 

I was at Twickenham on Vertigo and with a lot of friends so we stayed right back and we still got a good view and enjoyed it.  Wish you'd have been there as you'd have been ecstatic when they played Vertigo twice  :)

That's great info cheers guys! so excited for this tour!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

enjoy