Author Topic: Shows on Ticketmaster- official announcement posted!!!  (Read 19129 times)

Waffles

Re: Shows on Ticketmaster- official announcement posted!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2017, 02:35:00 AM »
Interview with edge here! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Specifically talks about working on red hill mining live in the studio and what to expect

Offline drjako

• Stateless
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2017, 02:35:38 AM »
I like the bits in Edges interview with Rolling Stone where he says they're looking forward to the opportunity to reconsider SoE......... FFS.

Offline ecadad

• Staring at the Sun
  • 🐍
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2017, 02:36:45 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I can't find it anywhere- will the shows be only the Joshua tree, or other songs as well? The album is less than an hour, will they only play that amount of time?

Go to u2.com for the most info. Promotional video on facebook and instagram

I can't see anything there either. Do you think they'd really only play 1 album worth of songs?

Of course not... this will most likely be JT + big hits (I will follow, BD, pride, etc)

It would be in keeping with the album to only play other 1980s songs ala the Best of 1980-90. 

Does anybody think they could leave out BD, Vertigo and UTEOTW, MW and One etc from a show?

Do you think Bono can resist having an encore of:

1. Vertigo
2. Desire
3. Mysterious Ways
4. Until The End of The World
5. Beautiful Day
7. Every Breaking Wave
8. One

Waffles

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2017, 02:37:17 AM »
I like the bits in Edges interview with Rolling Stone where he says they're looking forward to the opportunity to reconsider SoE......... FFS.

He acknowledges the demand for acrobat!

Offline ecadad

• Staring at the Sun
  • 🐍
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2017, 02:38:53 AM »

Specifically talks about working on red hill mining live in the studio and what to expect

Goodbye SOE

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2017, 02:41:45 AM »
I can't find it anywhere- will the shows be only the Joshua tree, or other songs as well? The album is less than an hour, will they only play that amount of time?

Go to u2.com for the most info. Promotional video on facebook and instagram

I can't see anything there either. Do you think they'd really only play 1 album worth of songs?

Of course not... this will most likely be JT + big hits (I will follow, BD, pride, etc)

It would be in keeping with the album to only play other 1980s songs ala the Best of 1980-90. 

Does anybody think they could leave out BD, Vertigo and UTEOTW, MW and One etc from a show?

It would be horrible to do a Joshua Tree Tour and use (hit) songs from after '87. I'm hoping for some gems being played. Forgotten songs from all time and UTEOTW or a beautiful - in a low register - new single are alowed for me. ;) I think used songs have to fit with the Joshua Tree; Vertigo, Beautiful Day, etc. don't fit for it.

Offline playingtricksagain

• Babyface
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2017, 02:42:52 AM »
(...) Songs of Experience, which we were pretty much complete with after a couple of weeks of the final touches leading up to the end of the year. And then the election [happened] and suddenly the world changed. We just went, "Hold on a second we've got to give ourselves a moment to think about this record and about how it relates to what's going on in the world."

I want to die.

Offline ecadad

• Staring at the Sun
  • 🐍
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2017, 02:45:29 AM »
(...) Songs of Experience, which we were pretty much complete with after a couple of weeks of the final touches leading up to the end of the year. And then the election [happened] and suddenly the world changed. We just went, "Hold on a second we've got to give ourselves a moment to think about this record and about how it relates to what's going on in the world."

I want to die.

WE WERE SO CLOSE

Offline paddyattitude

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2017, 02:46:50 AM »
anyone knows what group he or she belongs to? any code?
can't see a thing on my account

Offline Chargedvt

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2017, 02:47:55 AM »

I want to die.

WE WERE SO CLOSE

A complete load of crap hey?

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2017, 02:48:21 AM »
anyone knows what group he or she belongs to? any code?
can't see a thing on my account
I can't either. Kinda worried

Offline drjako

• Stateless
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2017, 02:48:28 AM »

I want to die.

WE WERE SO CLOSE

This is the best bit, can only turn out well from here:
"We've given ourselves a little bit of breathing space for creativity."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 02:50:36 AM by drjako »

Offline ecadad

• Staring at the Sun
  • 🐍
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2017, 02:50:48 AM »
from the interview with Edge:

...when we came off the last tour, the Innocence and Experience indoor tour, we headed straight into finishing the second album of that set, Songs of Experience, which we were pretty much complete with after a couple of weeks of the final touches leading up to the end of the year. And then the election [happened] and suddenly the world changed. We just went, "Hold on a second we've got to give ourselves a moment to think about this record and about how it relates to what's going on in the world." That's because it was written mostly, I mean, 80 percent of it was started before 2016, but most of it was written in the early part of 2016, and now, as I think you'd agree, the world is a different place.

Will the next record be Songs of Experience or is it possible it will be something else entirely?

No, I think it's Songs of Experience. When I say it's almost done, we definitely want to take this opportunity to think about it, make sure it's really what we want to put out given the changes that have occurred in the world. And maybe a little will change, but we absolutely wanted to take that chance just to reconsider everything. And who knows? We may even write a couple of new songs because that's the very position we're in. We've given ourselves a little bit of breathing space for creativity.

Offline playingtricksagain

• Babyface
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2017, 02:50:57 AM »

I want to die.

WE WERE SO CLOSE

This bit is especially poignant, can only turn out for the best for all concerned; "We've given ourselves a little bit of breathing space for creativity."

Yeah we're gonna end up with something even more overcooked than The Miracle, except, hang on, it's got that political touch we're all just craving to hear.

Offline John Galt

• Numb
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2017, 02:51:02 AM »

The fans are going to be thrilled. There's many songs you haven't played in decades. Then there's "Red Hill Mining Town," which you've never played.

That's true. I had a couple of days at the end of a studio session where I was listening to that song and working on guitar parts for it, which I hadn't thought about for so many years. That tune in itself is just right slap-bang in some ways what's going on with the U.K. It's not quite as intense, but there's industrial action breaking out all over the U.K. for the first time in generations. It's not exactly a repeat of the Winter of Discontent, but it's wild those issues are coming back. It does seem like politics is polarized in so many parts of the developing world to an extent that I find worrying. I'm sure most people do. Those days were difficult, dark times, and personally we really would hate to see it go back there.

*Takes a deep breath and hope I don't get banned* What's he rabbiting about industrial action in the UK for? 

The song is relevant because of the coal miners being laid off - and community disintegration - in the USA NOW!