Author Topic: Shows on Ticketmaster- official announcement posted!!!  (Read 18847 times)

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Shows on Ticketmaster- official announcement posted!!!
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2017, 06:37:24 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Red Hill group!

The red hillers!! :D

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2017, 06:39:12 AM »
Presumably i will be in the second group? I joined up today I'm not missing out on presale!

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2017, 06:41:42 AM »
Presumably i will be in the second group? I joined up today I'm not missing out on presale!

It should say on your account page on the left hand side under you log in info what tier you are

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2017, 06:42:19 AM »
Ah ok, thanks. Is it best to buy off the u2 site or ticketmaster?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 06:44:24 AM by eddyjedi »

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2017, 06:48:44 AM »
Still curious as to what the prices will be for the U.S. shows. Most likely doing regular GA again, but wondering what else they might have in tow....

Interesting that Red Zone appears to be one side of the front stage too, based on that map.

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2017, 07:08:26 AM »
Would it kill U2/TM to have the prices listed with the various seating/GA sections. Red Zone prices would be nice to have as well.

Waffles

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2017, 07:09:28 AM »
Am I going to take the code and paste it into TM?

Offline markt

• Refugee
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2017, 07:20:16 AM »
Am I going to take the code and paste it into TM?

Yep... :-)

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2017, 07:20:52 AM »
Ah ok, thanks. Is it best to buy off the u2 site or ticketmaster?
It is the same thing. U2 gives you a presale code to use on TM.

Offline snailstampede

• Wanderer
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2017, 07:31:42 AM »
Does anybody have any estimates on what you think the prices for different levels will be, or do they remember from 360? The range of 35-280 that's currently on Ticketmaster doesn't really help me when it comes to budgeting. I'm looking specifically at Soldier Field, if that helps.

Offline AaronB47

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2017, 07:36:44 AM »
Does anybody have any estimates on what you think the prices for different levels will be, or do they remember from 360? The range of 35-280 that's currently on Ticketmaster doesn't really help me when it comes to budgeting. I'm looking specifically at Soldier Field, if that helps.

I noticed the price range for the Chicago show too as that's the one I could go to.  Did you notice the B-stage and ramp look like a tree on the seating chart?

Offline Johnny_Mac12

• Refugee
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2017, 07:53:50 AM »
2 Florida dates and no Atlanta. So annoying. Doubt I'll make it
I guess they figured Bonnaroo was close enough for Atlanta fans to attend. However, I don't want to pay a ridiculous amount for a music festival only to care about one act. I'm sure I'd have to sit through a lot of crap artists and deal with high teenagers. I would also probably have to stand a long way away from the band with a bunch of people blocking my view (I'm short). I want to see a U2 show with U2 fans. The band have skipped the 9th largest city in the US for three straight tours. Really, guys? On the other hand, a music festival might be a cool experience for the summer between undergrad and law school.

The politicization of the tour alientates half of their fans. I thought they have grown up a lot since TJT was released, but I guess not. They need to realize that some people have different views from them, and that's okay. America is great because everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. However, when your turn your show into a political rally, it gets old very quick and is a bad business decision. Some may be less enthusiastic about seeing them. Disclaimer: I'm not one of those people. I'm paying Roger Waters a crap load of money so I can listen to his anti-semetic rants. Why? Because he puts on a darn good show. I would do the same for my favorite band if they were coming to my city. Unfortunately, there are plenty of causal fans who will spend their money elsewhere if they keep advertising the tour as an anti-Trump rally.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2017, 07:54:18 AM »
So, I take it "Red Hill" and "Wire" groups are all different levels of the U2 fan club, depending on how long you've paid into it?

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2017, 07:55:52 AM »
2 Florida dates and no Atlanta. So annoying. Doubt I'll make it
I guess they figured Bonnaroo was close enough for Atlanta fans to attend. However, I don't want to pay a ridiculous amount for a music festival only to care about one act. I'm sure I'd have to sit through a lot of crap artists and deal with high teenagers. I would also probably have to stand a long way away from the band with a bunch of people blocking my view (I'm short). I want to see a U2 show with U2 fans. The band have skipped the 9th largest city in the US for three straight tours. Really, guys? On the other hand, a music festival might be a cool experience for the summer between undergrad and law school.

It was probably the radius clause that Roo has. Yea going to a music festival for one act doesn't sound like a great time. But Roo is especially hard since its a camping festival and pretty pricey.

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2017, 07:56:16 AM »
So, I take it "Red Hill" and "Wire" groups are all different levels of the U2 fan club, depending on how long you've paid into it?

I believe so. I'm in "Red Hill" group and it says it's for long-time subscribers. I'm assuming "Wire" is more recent, within the last year or two.