Author Topic: Shows on Ticketmaster- official announcement posted!!!  (Read 19012 times)

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
Re: Shows on Ticketmaster- official announcement posted!!!
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2017, 07:56:34 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
2 Florida dates and no Atlanta. So annoying. Doubt I'll make it
I guess they figured Bonnaroo was close enough for Atlanta fans to attend. However, I don't want to pay a ridiculous amount for a music festival only to care about one act. I'm sure I'd have to sit through a lot of crap artists and deal with high teenagers. I would also probably have to stand a long way away from the band with a bunch of people blocking my view (I'm short). I want to see a U2 show with U2 fans. The band have skipped the 9th largest city in the US for three straight tours. Really, guys? On the other hand, a music festival might be a cool experience for the summer between undergrad and law school.

The politicization of the tour alientates half of their fans. I thought they have grown up a lot since TJT was released, but I guess not. They need to realize that some people have different views from them, and that's okay. America is great because everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. However, when your turn your show into a political rally, it gets old very quick and is a bad business decision. Some may be less enthusiastic about seeing them. Disclaimer: I'm not one of those people. I'm paying Roger Waters a crap load of money so I can listen to his anti-semetic rants. Why? Because he puts on a darn good show. I would do the same for my favorite band if they were coming to my city. Unfortunately, there are plenty of causal fans who will spend their money elsewhere if they keep advertising the tour as an anti-Trump rally.

Roll Tide, my friend!

My best friend lives in Tampa. That may be what we do.

I wonder if the impending demolition of the Georgia Dome on June 1 played a roll here. Seems like St. Louis or Charlotte might be good alternatives. With my luck, they'll fill in that gap with something closer after I buy the tickets.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2017, 07:58:30 AM »
So, I take it "Red Hill" and "Wire" groups are all different levels of the U2 fan club, depending on how long you've paid into it?

I believe so. I'm in "Red Hill" group and it says it's for long-time subscribers. I'm assuming "Wire" is more recent, within the last year or two.

Or those who signed up as of today. In the past, they have done three tiers: long-time subscribers, shorter-term, and those who signed up after the tour was announced. I am wondering if they are just doing two this time, and Red Hill is just people who were in before today and Wire is those today and after. That also would suck. A lot of things about this are sucking in my opinion.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2017, 07:59:59 AM »
So, I take it "Red Hill" and "Wire" groups are all different levels of the U2 fan club, depending on how long you've paid into it?

I believe so. I'm in "Red Hill" group and it says it's for long-time subscribers. I'm assuming "Wire" is more recent, within the last year or two.

Thanks.  I subscribed once, a long time ago--right when the club started up, I think.  Just before the Vertigo tour.  Thought the presale would enable me to get some good tickets.  I got 300-level for my trouble, and decided never to renew after being screwed over.  (But I do still have my metal membership card!)  So it looks like I'm in the general public group.

Unless anyone wants to pass along a presale password......?  ;)

Offline mattbel123

• Wanderer
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2017, 08:06:56 AM »
What are the chances of scoring GA in the wires group?

Very high I'd hope. There were no issues last time around, and that was for Arenas. This should be even easier.

Good to know. I missed out on the last tour. I figured with stadiums that GA would be easier since it's bigger.

Offline mattbel123

• Wanderer
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2017, 08:07:46 AM »

Or those who signed up as of today. In the past, they have done three tiers: long-time subscribers, shorter-term, and those who signed up after the tour was announced. I am wondering if they are just doing two this time, and Red Hill is just people who were in before today and Wire is those today and after. That also would suck. A lot of things about this are sucking in my opinion.

Only two groups. Those who bought recently and after the announcement are the second group going on Thursday in most places.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2017, 08:12:59 AM »

The politicization of the tour alientates half of their fans. I thought they have grown up a lot since TJT was released, but I guess not. They need to realize that some people have different views from them, and that's okay. America is great because everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. However, when your turn your show into a political rally, it gets old very quick and is a bad business decision. Some may be less enthusiastic about seeing them. Disclaimer: I'm not one of those people. I'm paying Roger Waters a crap load of money so I can listen to his anti-semetic rants. Why? Because he puts on a darn good show. I would do the same for my favorite band if they were coming to my city. Unfortunately, there are plenty of causal fans who will spend their money elsewhere if they keep advertising the tour as an anti-Trump rally.

I dunno.  Maybe it's because I find I generally agree with their views, but:

1.  I don't think it's going to be all THAT political.  Yeah, Edge is framing the tour like it's the 80's all over again, but we all know they'd be doing it regardless of the US election results.  And...
2.  Grow up?  I mean, Bullet the Blue Sky was written about a very specific political situation (and later applied to others).  By what you're saying, it seems like they shouldn't have even written the song in the first place.  Or Sunday Bloody Sunday.  I guess I'd wait until the tour to see what actually happens, but I think they've been pretty broadly appealing to different political stripes.  "The US foreign policy in the 80's was kind of sh**ty, particularly when innocent people suffer violence in El Salvador" and "stop killing each other over old religious and political differences" seem like stuff most folks could get behind.  Lastly...
3. I'm a big Roger Waters fan--I was debating about going to his upcoming show, but haven't pulled the trigger yet--and I keep seeing accusations of him being anti-Semitic, which I don't see at all.  I think he's capable of criticizing what a state government does without having any ill will for people of Jewish faith.  I think it's a distinction which we should keep in mind.  Otherwise, it makes it impossible to look honestly at what that government does.  Just my two cents.

Offline jrodr079

• Refugee
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2017, 11:20:59 AM »

I dunno.  Maybe it's because I find I generally agree with their views, but:

1.  I don't think it's going to be all THAT political.  Yeah, Edge is framing the tour like it's the 80's all over again, but we all know they'd be doing it regardless of the US election results.  And...
2.  Grow up?  I mean, Bullet the Blue Sky was written about a very specific political situation (and later applied to others).  By what you're saying, it seems like they shouldn't have even written the song in the first place.  Or Sunday Bloody Sunday.  I guess I'd wait until the tour to see what actually happens, but I think they've been pretty broadly appealing to different political stripes.  "The US foreign policy in the 80's was kind of sh**ty, particularly when innocent people suffer violence in El Salvador" and "stop killing each other over old religious and political differences" seem like stuff most folks could get behind.  Lastly...
3. I'm a big Roger Waters fan--I was debating about going to his upcoming show, but haven't pulled the trigger yet--and I keep seeing accusations of him being anti-Semitic, which I don't see at all.  I think he's capable of criticizing what a state government does without having any ill will for people of Jewish faith.  I think it's a distinction which we should keep in mind.  Otherwise, it makes it impossible to look honestly at what that government does.  Just my two cents.

Roger Water is another level ass**le! Love his music, but his words towards Israel and Conservative Jews are a disgrace. Based on principle I don't even liston to his songs on the radio anymore. Don't give him your hard earned money!

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2017, 11:47:49 AM »

That's what they did last tour- subscribers before the tour was announced were first- subscribers afterwards were 2nd.

Offline acrobat62

• Elevated
  • I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2017, 11:50:59 AM »
Has anyone heard or seen anything on Montreal.  It's a perennial stop for U2 and one of their favorite places to perform.  I know 360 could not take place at the Big O, in fact they had to build their own temporary stadium to house the Claw since the Big O would not accomdate it's height.

The Big O also stinks and is falling apart but AC/DC played their recently as have others, so it is possible.  Would also be cool as that was the location of my first U2 show and it was the Joshua Tree tour.

Maybe they could not cut a deal with Evenko which does the ticketing for that venue not Ticketmaster.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2017, 12:05:41 PM »

Roger Water is another level ass**le! Love his music, but his words towards Israel and Conservative Jews are a disgrace. Based on principle I don't even liston to his songs on the radio anymore. Don't give him your hard earned money!

Well, I'll continue to give my money to artists whose music I enjoy, so you needn't worry about that.  And I still haven't seen anything to convince me he's antisemitic.

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Nice job by #MoteeShoe
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2017, 12:08:56 PM »
I have my code, but where does it say which group you're in? I was a Propaganda subscriber, so I am ...old.
How do I find out my group?

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Nice job by #MoteeShoe
« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2017, 12:10:59 PM »
Just found it as I assumed I was Red Hill...
That mentioned, even if B&E do just an acoustic version of RHMT, my year will made~

Offline U2Fan

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Everything in the f****** hotel is brown.
« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2017, 12:34:07 PM »
How do you know what group you are in?  I see my code, but I don't see any group name.  Confused.

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2017, 12:48:49 PM »
How do you know what group you are in?  I see my code, but I don't see any group name.  Confused.

Above my code in my account it says what group i am in.

Offline mariomofo

• Babyface
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2017, 12:55:19 PM »
Felt a bit skeptical about this tour -- and then when it was officially announced this morning, all that evaporated in an instant ;)  Really excited to hear some of those JT deep cuts. Also, the Rose Bowl's a fantastic venue! I just hope they really do put out SOE before the year's over.