Author Topic: Edge says SOE FINISHED  (Read 5899 times)

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
Re: Edge says SOE FINISHED
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2017, 07:36:42 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
this is funny...

a very revealing insight into just how much second guessing goes on in u2 minds....

Are you going to play the album in sequence at the shows?
I believe we will, and I say "believe we will" because that is certainly the working assumption right now. The show might not necessarily start with Track One, Side One, "Where the Streets Have No Name," because we feel like maybe we need to build up to that moment, so we're still in the middle of figuring out exactly how the running order will go, so yes. We will be playing the album in sequence.

Is it just me or is that a quite unreal answer?

it's quite bizarre indeed. 

feels like they are grasping at straws in desperation with all this.

Offline The Hair of Martin Gore

• Refugee
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2017, 07:37:47 AM »
It's an easy thing to say when there's no past to glorify.  It might be more accurate to say that glorifying the past causes the future to dry up because it's not being engaged with. 

If they really want to dip into the catalog for a set of "relevant songs" they shouldn't confine themselves to one album.  They should do two: War and Pop. 

Offline The Hair of Martin Gore

• Refugee
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2017, 07:39:08 AM »
this is funny...

a very revealing insight into just how much second guessing goes on in u2 minds....

I believe we will, and I say "believe we will" because that is certainly the working assumption right now. The show might not necessarily start with Track One, Side One, "Where the Streets Have No Name," because we feel like maybe we need to build up to that moment, so we're still in the middle of figuring out exactly how the running order will go, so yes. We will be playing the album in sequence.

they're going to play the album in order but might not start the show with it.

Offline SlyDanner

• Precious Stone
  • A white dope on punk staring into the flash.
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2017, 07:56:45 AM »
this is funny...

advertising this as a new JT Tour and then opening with something from another album?  that would be ever stranger.  would be interesting to see how fans react to that.

Offline Daniel94

• Refugee
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2017, 08:02:02 AM »
Excited for the tour but no new or reworked music of any kind? :/

Offline John Galt

• Numb
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2017, 08:05:48 AM »
this is funny...

advertising this as a new JT Tour and then opening with something from another album?  that would be ever stranger.  would be interesting to see how fans react to that.

But if they opened with the Joshua Tree the crowd might start filing out after MotD.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2017, 08:14:41 AM »
this is funny...

that isn't certain though is it which is why i raised it....i get they may not kick off with side 1 track 1 as he said but it is this line that really shows the amount of 2nd guessing that seems to be in their heads....

I believe we will, and I say "believe we will" because that is certainly the working assumption right now.

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2017, 08:17:04 AM »
I'm excited for the tour but it's incredibly lame to essentially blame Trump and Brexit as a reason to delay an album. Just put out the music and let it speak for itself; it's this constant political preaching that led to those events in the first place. People are tired of entertainers getting up on a soapbox and dictating how the world should work. Just celebrate The Joshua Tree and get SOE out there. People will be able to decide for themselves.

Offline John Galt

• Numb
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2017, 08:24:29 AM »
I've never known any band to bloody overthink everything so much as this one.

It's just rock n roll, people.  It's not painting the Sistine Chapel.

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2017, 08:37:10 AM »
this is funny...

On their recent album tour Kula Shaker didn't start with Track 1 from K and somehow everyone survived. It'll be ok. I promise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2017, 08:40:44 AM »
I've never known any band to bloody overthink everything so much as this one.

It's just rock n roll, people.  It's not painting the Sistine Chapel.

On NME.com today they're hosting a "10 things you didn't know about JT" number 10 is Bono had to be stopped from ringing up the pressing plant to stop production of the album. They're still doing it 30 years later.

Offline wik73

• Numb
Edge says SOE FINISHED
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2017, 09:23:54 AM »
I was excited to go see TJT 2017 but now I worry this is just going to end up being a political pep rally against America and Trump. I don't know that I'm interested in blowing a bunch of money on hotel and airfare to see that.

I can stay home and turn on the evening news to see that. Save myself a lot of money, too.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 09:26:57 AM by wik73 »

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2017, 09:27:19 AM »
this is funny...

But if they opened with the Joshua Tree the crowd might start filing out after MotD.

That might be the song they are re-working.

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2017, 09:36:27 AM »
Oh no is it going to turn into the Anti-Trump Joshua Tree Tour followed by the anti-Trump/Brexit album?

I'm no Trump fan which is exactly why I'm trying to get away from hearing about him and feeding his desire for attention for a while. Would rather a mostly politics-free show.

Wonder if it'll postpone the album and the experience part of the i&e tour into 2018.

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2017, 09:43:39 AM »
GAH for pete's sake is no one the least bit excited they're going to play an entire album LIVE for the first time EVER? think of all the younger fans like myself who didn't get to hear Exit or Mothers or One Tree Hill or Red Hill Mining Town (we get to hear that live...*mind blown*)! and then we get SOE and probably the SOE tour all of next year. And if the trend continues, they'll end up playing the entirety of Achtung Baby in 2021...including ACROBAT!!

y'all need to be throwing confetti. just sayin.  ;) ;)