Author Topic: Edge says SOE FINISHED  (Read 5908 times)

Offline miketighe

• Stateless
Re: Edge says SOE FINISHED
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2017, 10:01:06 AM »
Such a bunch of miserable sods. We have every reason to expect SOE in fall. There's a very real chance many of us may get to see our favourite band twice in as many years and hear a classic album again. Springsteen's The River tour was totally different from a usual show and amazing. Cheer up and stop pickling yourselves in the brine of your own cynicism. It's really not a good look to have very little positive to say about anything that came 'after your time'. The London show is the day before my birthday, loads of mates are coming down and are thrilled, and like any experience you get out what you emotionally invest. It's gonna be great.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 10:20:52 AM by miketighe »

Offline lucas.homem

• Numb
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2017, 10:26:55 AM »
I live where U2 come once a decade, so a tour have little impact to me, even if I think it's cool.

However, it's not nice to be constantly talking about an album that never comes, like it's just aroud the corner until it is delayed... again. This is disrespectful. It's not like they owe me, but that's not reason to be playing with our expectation.

But this doesn't really change my life, so whatever.

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2017, 10:51:51 AM »
WoW at all the negative comments.  I get it is a forum and we are all free to express our opinions, but man, as a fan site, I feel like I clicked on an anti-u2 site.  For me, I am excited that they are playing the entire album, there are some songs I never heard live or have not heard live in a very long time, so this is exciting to me.  I am also interested in how they fill the rest of the show and what tunes they plan on playing.

SOE being pushed back a little does kind of suck, but at the same time, releasing it now and with the JT tour would not make much sense as well. Hopefully it gets released shortly after the JT tour is over or towards the end of it. I want new music from the band like many do...but them re-evaluating some of the songs is really up to them, it is their work and if that is what they choose who are we to say they are wrong?

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2017, 10:55:19 AM »
Loving your enthusiasm, Running@!

Offline miketighe

• Stateless
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2017, 10:58:55 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
WoW at all the negative comments.  I get it is a forum and we are all free to express our opinions, but man, as a fan site, I feel like I clicked on an anti-u2 site.  For me, I am excited that they are playing the entire album, there are some songs I never heard live or have not heard live in a very long time, so this is exciting to me.  I am also interested in how they fill the rest of the show and what tunes they plan on playing.

SOE being pushed back a little does kind of suck, but at the same time, releasing it now and with the JT tour would not make much sense as well. Hopefully it gets released shortly after the JT tour is over or towards the end of it. I want new music from the band like many do...but them re-evaluating some of the songs is really up to them, it is their work and if that is what they choose who are we to say they are wrong?

This.

Offline John Galt

• Numb
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2017, 11:02:04 AM »
I have an ace idea.  They release the finished SOE early this year and resume the I+E tour only now with the emphasis on Experience.  They play arenas in North America especially in places where they didn't visit in 2015 and then move on to Europe and thence to Oz/New Zooland and Japan early next year.

As Demi Moore said to Michael Douglas in Disclosure "You get back here and finish what you started!"  (Like I would have needed telling) ;D

Offline miketighe

• Stateless
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2017, 11:08:02 AM »
Honestly John I think that's exactly what's going to happen from September onwards

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2017, 12:25:08 PM »
They really need to ditch the Trump bashing for this tour, I remember the majority of the forum predicted correctly a Anti Trump protest for Bullet during the DreamForce show. That was borderline cringe, however if they were to continue that into this tour, given what has happened and that America have voted unanimously for a Trump Presidency, it would be embarrassing if you ask me. It's time to move on and fuel the middle of that song live with another event or past experience they can call upon

Offline U2 Fan of the 90s

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2017, 12:31:16 PM »
They really need to ditch the Trump bashing for this tour, I remember the majority of the forum predicted correctly a Anti Trump protest for Bullet during the DreamForce show. That was borderline cringe, however if they were to continue that into this tour, given what has happened and that America have voted unanimously for a Trump Presidency, it would be embarrassing if you ask me. It's time to move on and fuel the middle of that song live with another event or past experience they can call upon

Um... No sir.  America has not voted unanimously for a Trump Presidency.  He lost the popular vote by over 2million and had a very low electoral college margin of victory.  So going by the data U2 would be well served to continue to bash the GOP/trump.

Offline miketighe

• Stateless
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2017, 12:36:08 PM »
Unanimously lol. 2% the other way and he's out next time

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2017, 12:45:15 PM »

Um... No sir.  America has not voted unanimously for a Trump Presidency.  He lost the popular vote by over 2million and had a very low electoral college margin of victory.  So going by the data U2 would be well served to continue to bash the GOP/trump.

He had over 300 Electoral votes when there were suggesting he wouldn't even break 200, End of story

I think it's time for people generally to stop the bitterness and accept the result. People want change and it can be extremely hard to accept that, especially in Trumps case

Offline Airuarak

• Wanderer
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2017, 12:47:09 PM »
So SOE is finished... but not released until September/October after they've toured and had a chance to relook at the songs... i pity the fool who actually genuinely believes SOE will be out later this year.

What really gets me is that less than two weeks ago they put out a video where they explicitly said SOE was finished... but now they're saying it's not really finished and will be revisiting it later this year to make sure it fits the mood of the times. I would suggest that if they've really written an album about experiences, then it would still fit the times. If they want to retool the songs to specifically reference the times, this album will be out of date real quick. Really what's happened is they're second guessing themselves again because Jay-Z or Jimmy Iovine has been allowed a listen.

Offline John Galt

• Numb
  • The hands that build can also pull down.
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2017, 12:51:24 PM »

He had over 300 Electoral votes when there were suggesting he wouldn't even break 200, End of story

I think it's time for people generally to stop the bitterness and accept the result. People want change and it can be extremely hard to accept that, especially in Trumps case

Maybe U2 will be positive about the changes that people have voted for.

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2017, 12:55:49 PM »
So SOE is finished... but not released until September/October after they've toured and had a chance to relook at the songs... i pity the fool who actually genuinely believes SOE will be out later this year.

What really gets me is that less than two weeks ago they put out a video where they explicitly said SOE was finished... but now they're saying it's not really finished and will be revisiting it later this year to make sure it fits the mood of the times. I would suggest that if they've really written an album about experiences, then it would still fit the times. If they want to retool the songs to specifically reference the times, this album will be out of date real quick. Really what's happened is they're second guessing themselves again because Jay-Z or Jimmy Iovine has been allowed a listen.

Can you point me to the time stamp in the Xmas video where they said SOE is finished?  You can't because they never said that.  They said that it will be out in 2017, but they never said the words "SOE is FINISHED" in that video or anything like it.  All they said was that it is going to be a big 2017, they have SOE coming out and very special shows for the Joshua Tree.  Never did they say it was finished in the Xmas video.

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2017, 12:58:23 PM »
Just seen the warning post regarding politics so with this, the politics side of things will end here ;)

But yeah, regarding the tour and album. If they do end up releasing it this year. It would have been a pretty spectacular year, i've got a feeling many of us will regard this tour as the best one yet