Author Topic: Tickets for Rome  (Read 1761 times)

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
Tickets for Rome
« on: January 10, 2017, 03:26:23 AM »
So the plan for me on Thursday is to get two tickets to Croke Park and two tickets to Rome.  I have an idea what to do for Croke Park, have used ticketmaster/pre-sale codes before, but I can not find out what the Italian equivalent is? Do they use Live Nation, or another website? Also, what time would they go on sale in Italy?

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: Tickets for Rome
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 07:33:30 AM »
Has to be some Italian fans on here surely?!

Offline Sido

• Babyface
  • I wanna reach out and touch the flame
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 08:41:26 AM »
I think it`s this one
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Got a ticket for Springsteen from here last year, but there will be a link at u2.com once sale is on, I guess...

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 09:27:26 AM »
I think it`s this one
Got a ticket for Springsteen from here last year, but there will be a link at u2.com once sale is on, I guess...

Thanks!

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 10:35:40 AM »
I got tickets from this site in 2010 for the last night of the European tour at the Olympic Stadium and the whole process was so easy.The gig was amazing, one of the best I've ever been to.

I was thinking of getting tickets just for Croke but I'm finding it hard to ignore Rome..... :D

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 11:45:22 AM »
I got tickets from this site in 2010 for the last night of the European tour at the Olympic Stadium and the whole process was so easy.The gig was amazing, one of the best I've ever been to.

I was thinking of getting tickets just for Croke but I'm finding it hard to ignore Rome..... :D

Thanks. I really hope I find it as easy to use! :)

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 03:59:53 PM »
I think it`s this one

Okay now I'm confused. Is it the site above or this one:

Offline mikepd

• Stateless
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 01:46:10 AM »
I think it`s this one

Okay now I'm confused. Is it the site above or this one:

that looks like general sale from Monday

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 01:49:09 AM »
It should be ticketone.it. There is a link from U2's website now also. Worked fine for me. Biggest problem was lack of seating chart re Rome. No link from their website that I could find, at least under the pressure of the clock counting down to confirm the order. My lack of Italian language skills also didn't help.

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 02:01:29 AM »
It should be ticketone.it. There is a link from U2's website now also. Worked fine for me. Biggest problem was lack of seating chart re Rome. No link from their website that I could find, at least under the pressure of the clock counting down to confirm the order. My lack of Italian language skills also didn't help.

Think there is a way to get the site in English, there's a flag you click on top right.

Did you have any option to get standing tickets?

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 02:14:28 AM »
I really didn't know what I was selecting. Whilst most of the site was in English once I selected on that, seating areas were not. I was basically wanting to get a seat in a more expensive area as I can afford it and given I am travelling it is just for me. But when you don't have a seating chart to click on to work out where it was allocated to for the class you selected, it is really guesswork. I tried googling to get a seating chart separately but was all a bit hard with the clock ticking down and credit card stuff to get thru etc. It all worked pretty efficiently and far better than some other experiences I have had except that all important bit about where in the stadium you will be sitting. I might be redzone, I doubt I am GA as that would be cheaper but having tried to look more into it, I think I am behind the stage which worries me a lot given what I paid.

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 02:23:46 AM »
I really didn't know what I was selecting. Whilst most of the site was in English once I selected on that, seating areas were not. I was basically wanting to get a seat in a more expensive area as I can afford it and given I am travelling it is just for me. But when you don't have a seating chart to click on to work out where it was allocated to for the class you selected, it is really guesswork. I tried googling to get a seating chart separately but was all a bit hard with the clock ticking down and credit card stuff to get thru etc. It all worked pretty efficiently and far better than some other experiences I have had except that all important bit about where in the stadium you will be sitting. I might be redzone, I doubt I am GA as that would be cheaper but having tried to look more into it, I think I am behind the stage which worries me a lot given what I paid.

Okay well thanks for the info anyway. I hope you have a great time and I'm sure you will! I just hope I get tickets tomorrow with my crappy Wires access code.

I wonder would it be better just to collect the tickets to save a few quid? Then again it never really feels like you are going to an event until you have the tickets in your hand.

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 02:36:21 AM »
Thanks. Below is a link to a website I later found with a seating chart. I would strongly recommend having that printed and in colour beside you when you have to make that all important seating choice. I went for the ticket delivery option as given my travel schedule, I don't think I am going to have time to muck around especially in a city and a stadium I don't know at all but given where I live, it costs a lot.

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 04:54:06 AM »
Thanks. Below is a link to a website I later found with a seating chart. I would strongly recommend having that printed and in colour beside you when you have to make that all important seating choice. I went for the ticket delivery option as given my travel schedule, I don't think I am going to have time to muck around especially in a city and a stadium I don't know at all but given where I live, it costs a lot.

Thanks!

So what's Italian for GA Standing?!

Offline AliSPNfan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 11:01:13 AM »
There are lots of ways to get to the Olympic Stadium but, in 2010, the transport services shut down at 11pm.My sis and I had to walk back to our hotel in the dark but we had a map to help us and, as long as we found the River Tiber, we could get our bearings.Italians are super friendly and we had help finding our way from a couple on a Vespa who had also been to the concert.

I couldn't get tomorrow off work so I'll have to wait until 3:30pm to try and get tickets.I've always managed to get tickets before but it's always nerve-wracking and not very healthy for one's blood pressure  :o

I've got Monday off work so if I don't get tickets tomorrow I'll try the public sale.

I'm definitely going to try for Rome & Dublin.