Author Topic: GA or assigned seat?  (Read 938 times)

Offline u2fanaticforever

• Babyface
GA or assigned seat?
« on: January 10, 2017, 12:09:42 PM »
I am trying to figure out where i will get the best experience - I would love to be GA and be close, but have never tried it and unsure what time I would have to show up at the arena to ensure a great spot by the rails / second stage/ or even front stage. What time do you have to line up for a decent GA spot?   I'm short (5'3) so it would be tough for me (probably) if I didn't get a good spot in GA.  The stadium space is huge so wondering if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts on this.  I feel like an assigned seat will feel so far away. Thoughts appreciated!

Offline dtb200

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: GA or assigned seat?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 12:44:32 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am trying to figure out where i will get the best experience - I would love to be GA and be close, but have never tried it and unsure what time I would have to show up at the arena to ensure a great spot by the rails / second stage/ or even front stage. What time do you have to line up for a decent GA spot?   I'm short (5'3) so it would be tough for me (probably) if I didn't get a good spot in GA.  The stadium space is huge so wondering if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts on this.  I feel like an assigned seat will feel so far away. Thoughts appreciated!
I got to The O2 in London last year at approx 2 hours before doors opened and was in 2nd row of people standing by the stage/walkway. However this stage setup looks to be more 'traditional' so harder to get a ring-side spot. And previously I know people have queued all day. PS I'm only 5' 4" but everyone if front of where I stood was shorter ;-)

Offline weinerdog

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 01:17:11 PM »
GA all the way. Even if you sort of go off to the side to get a good view, you'll still be closer than the majority of seats and at a much lower cost.

Waffles

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 01:30:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This is a stadium show. Lots more people. And it will certainly be hectic at the very first show. If you want to get "close" arrive early morning of the show

Offline Poncke

• Stateless
  • ROT SAR ARN 2xAMS 2xDUB BER ROM
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 01:39:42 PM »
In Amsterdam at the  Amsterdam Arena for the Vertigo tour we showed up 6 hours before the show and we were up front, not in the circle though. There was a massive queue at the time the doors opened.
In Dublin for the 360 tour in Croke Park, we arrived pretty early as well, and we were queuing up already. We had good spots, but certainly not up front.
For the I+E tour in Berlin we walked in after doors open and we were pretty much still up front, mainly because of the lay out of the stage.

So you cant really say. It also depends on the country, Netherlands and Ireland have a massive U2 fanbase.