Author Topic: 30th Anniversary, Tour - New Box Set?  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Manos73

• Numb
  • Stop trying to change the world, I like it.
30th Anniversary, Tour - New Box Set?
« on: January 10, 2017, 07:05:29 PM »
While I'm not going to support this tour, I do wonder if JT will get another reissue.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
Re: 30th Anniversary, Tour - New Box Set?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 07:10:06 PM »
Probably would have been announced already with Edge and Adam pushing it in their interviews and for the marketing of the tour

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 07:15:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Probably would have been announced already with Edge and Adam pushing it in their interviews and for the marketing of the tour

Yeah, I'm surprised they haven't mentioned anything like that. I'd have thought they'd at least have a reworked single...though they could drop that at any time before the tour starts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline satellitedog

• Child of Grace
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 12:08:19 PM »
Wow, they outdid themselves this time around!

I've found an exclusive preview of the 30th anniversary box set.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 12:09:28 PM »
It would look like an ever bigger cash grab if they did. At this point I can't imagine there's much else they could toss in that the 20th anniversary set didn't already cover.

Offline satellitedog

• Child of Grace
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 12:16:21 PM »
I'd love to see a special live DVD with them performing the album across the US, or two-three locations that evoke the grandeur of the originals.
U2 live on the Hoover dam, or U2 live on the Grand Canyon skywalk, U2 live in Alcatraz (lock 'em up, lock 'em up)
U2 live at Mount Rushmore, U2 live at the Grand Ole Opry, Live at the Apollo, something classy like that...

Offline Manos73

• Numb
  • Stop trying to change the world, I like it.
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 04:32:37 PM »
I'd love to see a special live DVD with them performing the album across the US, or two-three locations that evoke the grandeur of the originals.
U2 live on the Hoover dam, or U2 live on the Grand Canyon skywalk, U2 live in Alcatraz (lock 'em up, lock 'em up)
U2 live at Mount Rushmore, U2 live at the Grand Ole Opry, Live at the Apollo, something classy like that...

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. And if the band did do this, it might be sarcastic and good and horrible all at the same time.

Offline Hwy 190

• Wanderer
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 09:00:41 PM »

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. And if the band did do this, it might be sarcastic and good and horrible all at the same time.

There are fans who are crazy about U2 and then there are fans who are simply crazed.

Offline Hwy 190

• Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 09:05:03 PM »
Wow, they outdid themselves this time around!

I've found an exclusive preview of the 30th anniversary box set.

Funny guy you are.
Tell us, where did you find the time?

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2017, 11:58:26 PM »

if you honestly can't tell if he's being sarcastic, please see his coffin post above, it will make things 100% clear.

Offline jarsfan1977

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 01:14:43 PM »
There are still technically tracks from JT that weren't released -- at least three or four other demos from the sessions that weren't released (Tell Me The Story, Diamond Store, and Dance With Me Baby were working titles).  Whether the band deems them worthy of release is another question entirely, but there could be more stuff released -- though I doubt it.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 02:17:48 PM »
I really, really hope there is a dvd done of TJT 2017...it's the only way I'll get to see it!!!

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 05:32:33 PM »
I really, really hope there is a dvd done of TJT 2017...it's the only way I'll get to see it!!!

there will be. they've done dvds of every tour since Zoo TV i'm sure this won't be an exception.

also, since there will be a dvd, i bet if they do release anymore JT era demos etc it'll be with the dvd. maybe a download code or special edition dvd release with a cd of them.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 05:33:27 PM »

there will be. they've done dvds of every tour since Zoo TV i'm sure this won't be an exception.

also, since there will be a dvd, i bet if they do release anymore JT era demos etc it'll be with the dvd. maybe a download code or special edition dvd release with a cd of them.
That would be very cool.

Offline Mchugh_dana

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 11:14:55 PM »

If you install the Periscope ap on your phone or computer you will be able to watch The Joshua Tree Tour 2017 in real time. You may also chat with other U2 fans during the scopes. Concert goers use the ap to video and broadcast the concert from their position in the stadium for as long as they want. Some scopers scope the entire concert some only one song. It gets to be a lot of fun running around in the scopes finding the best feeds or friends you have that at the concert. I have met people the world over and consider them more like U2family than just friends.