Author Topic: "We were unable to process your request. Try again later"  (Read 27072 times)

Offline beich

• Stranger in a Strange Land
"We were unable to process your request. Try again later"
« on: January 11, 2017, 08:40:38 AM »
Logged on precisely at 9am EST and 9am CST to try and get a couple of GAs for Cleveland and Chicago, respectively.  Presale code unlocked access, but have thus far been unable to purchase a single ticket. In any location/price category, not just GA.  Keep getting the same "...unable to process your request..." message.  I'm so sick of clicking on street signs and store fronts to prove I'm not a robot, I could spit.

Crap job on the pre-sale, U2. Again.   

Offline mattbel123

• Wanderer
Re: "We were unable to process your request. Try again later"
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 08:42:15 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Logged on precisely at 9am EST and 9am CST to try and get a couple of GAs for Cleveland and Chicago, respectively.  Presale code unlocked access, but have thus far been unable to purchase a single ticket. In any location/price category, not just GA.  Keep getting the same "...unable to process your request..." message.  I'm so sick of clicking on street signs and store fronts to prove I'm not a robot, I could spit.

This has nothing to do with U2. This is ticketmaster. You tried too many times for tickets. You're actually looked out. Only thing I can tell you to do is try on your smartphone through the ticketmaster app but don't connect to the same wifi / internet access you used on your desktop or laptop.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 08:46:18 AM »
When I've gotten that message, I usually just shut down the browser try to get back on the site again. Most of the time, I think it works until it locks you out again after 10 tries or whatever.

Offline beich

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 09:45:34 AM »
When I've gotten that message, I usually just shut down the browser try to get back on the site again. Most of the time, I think it works until it locks you out again after 10 tries or whatever.

Thanks. I shut down browser and re-logged into Ticketmaster and it did the trick.  Got my GAs for Cleveland, only nosebleeds or the $280s available for Chicago.  Will keep looking to see if they release any GA or try the general sale next week. 

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 09:59:29 AM »
Thanks. I shut down browser and re-logged into Ticketmaster and it did the trick.  Got my GAs for Cleveland, only nosebleeds or the $280s available for Chicago.  Will keep looking to see if they release any GA or try the general sale next week.

That's great! Glad to help and yeah, sometimes you have to mess around with these things a bit before getting something.  ;)

Offline poodle

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 12:36:33 PM »
so apologize to U2 for blaming then !!!  lol just kidding

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 12:45:03 PM »
Yeah, we have to remember that although TM does suck, they are dealing with thousands of people going for a handful of seats. No one wants nosebleeds. Everyone is going for the same thing. It is a stress on the system.

I wish TM would ease their servers a little by staggering onsale dates and times so everyone isn't jumping on every show on a tour all at once. I think that would be a big help, but other than that, I don't really know what they can do.

The big nightmare is when two big tours go on sale at the same time. Saw that happen with Springsteen and Foo Fighters a few years ago. That is just stupid.

Offline OnlyU2

• Holy Joe
  • Who's to say what it is will break you
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 12:45:35 PM »
This happened to me while using the computer at work.  I got so frustrated!  So I went on my iphone and got my tickets right away. 

Offline jonnydeaf

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 12:52:28 PM »
No one wants nosebleeds. Everyone is going for the same thing.

I wanted opposite end of the field, reserved seats. Had absolutely no trouble at all. I'll enjoy seeing the whole scope of things.

For those that might wonder, Foxboro still has GA available and good "at midfield/sideline" seats.

Offline Hwy 190

• Wanderer
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 01:25:51 PM »

This has nothing to do with U2. This is ticketmaster. You tried too many times for tickets. You're actually looked out. Only thing I can tell you to do is try on your smartphone through the ticketmaster app but don't connect to the same wifi / internet access you used on your desktop or laptop.

Correct.  If your using the same wifi, their system sees the the same ip address as your router.  Try clearing your browser's history/cache too.

Offline radiumsoup

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 10:22:01 AM »
Thanks to Ticketmaster, this may be the first show I haven't gotten to see from the floor in over 20 years because my eyesight is bad enough to prevent seeing a few blades of grass somewhere in the background of an 80x80 pixel image... or that someone decided the signposts aren't considered part of the street sign in the stupid captcha, or that some rolling garage door is a storefront because if the camera had just zoomed out a little maybe there's a sign above or something, or the fact that the difference between a lake and a river is semantic enough in some places that it's impossible to tell the difference without a map...I got locked out on 6 browsers on 4 different networks because their captcha system is overly paranoid. I got exactly one response that said tickets were available but it turned out it had cleared my selection for floor seats and just went with "best available" and it went with the $260 seats that I don't want - probably because I had cleared cookies in an attempt to reset the damned thing. Even if I switch to audio captcha, now I am sometimes getting a message that my network has been flagged for making automated responses.

Since the presales aren't transferable, you'd think they'd loosen up the restrictions a bit to make it easier for actual fans to participate instead of blindly assuming they're bots snatching up the max available tickets for (an impossible) resale. I'm not even asking for the max - I just want two this time. So ridiculous. I'm pretty pi**ed right now. Just gonna keep searching every hour or so, I guess, even though I'm assuming that floor tickets are already sold out for Dallas and Houston, and hopefully once the public sale starts they release more floor tickets like they've done in the past and I get lucky enough to guess the captcha without getting blacklisted right out of the gate. Now I'm kicking myself for letting my previous subscriptions lapse...could have gotten in the first presale and had a lot less chance of missing out.

And lest you think I'm just not internet- or computer-savvy or something, I've been in IT professionally for 20 years. It should not be this difficult to buy non-transferable tickets.

Infuriating.

Offline RonnieFerg

• Babyface
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 10:28:40 AM »

"You tried too many times." Let's not victim blame here. This is clearly a glitch on Ticketmaster's part. I've getting the "Unable to process request" from the very first attempt at 9AM. It's not a too many times thing. It's TM not having their stuff together.

Offline radiumsoup

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 10:45:31 AM »
This is clearly a glitch on Ticketmaster's part. I've getting the "Unable to process request" from the very first attempt at 9AM. It's not a too many times thing. It's TM not having their stuff together.

What he said.