Author Topic: How do we know if "SOLD OUT"?  (Read 1028 times)

Offline abefroman

• Stranger in a Strange Land
How do we know if "SOLD OUT"?
« on: January 12, 2017, 09:20:20 AM »
When selecting GA in Washington, DC I get "Sorry, no tickets match your search." So does this mean it's sold out???

Offline mcpaulson22

• Babyface
  • Ill see you again when the stars fall from the sky
Re: How do we know if "SOLD OUT"?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 09:28:20 AM »
Not exactly. Keep in mind that throughout the day Ticketmaster will continue to drop tickets available for GA. I'd keep trying throughout the day and see what you can get. If not, there will be some allotted for the public sales when it opens next week.

Offline weinerdog

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 09:28:32 AM »
NO - it means only that there aren't tickets available at this exact moment. They are holding back many for the general sale as well.

*Rant - it sucks to see many getting shut out right now, but keep the faith. This reminds me of a few recent Rolling Stones on-sales. They intentionally held back a ton of seats to manipulate demand, and then would move VIP package seats that didn't sell into the standard seating pool. There WILL be ticket drops, and I really think that for the vast majority of markets people will be able to find tickets if they're persistent about checking in the next few months leading up to the show.

Offline NickMidgley

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 09:29:56 AM »
In the UK this morning availability varied. I went from getting "Sorry, no tickets match your search" at 9:15AM to bagging three GA tickets at 10AM.

I don't know if it will be the same elsewhere though, but I wouldn't give up.

I just hope that people didn't spend nearly 200 on tickets because, at the time, they thought that was all they were going to get.

Offline dumouchelg

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 09:33:01 AM »
Why not ?

I'm from Canada and expect to go to Croke Park - it's a dream I have to see once in my lifetime U2 perform in Dublin.

Wife cant be standing up all show long in GA so I'm looking for seated place ; I dont know what to do right now : there's still tickets available in higher 700 section for 100 euros each tickets + 50 euros for membership or should I wait on monday...?

Offline abefroman

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 11:08:32 AM »
YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT!! JUST GOT 4 GA WHEN IT SAID IT WASN'T WORKING BEFORE. YAHOOOOO!! THANK YOU!!