Author Topic: Will non fan club members pay 180, for average seats?  (Read 945 times)

Offline BalconyTV

• Numb
Will non fan club members pay 180, for average seats?
« on: January 12, 2017, 09:57:14 AM »
Im a fan club member, and got 3 average tix for a rip off today.

I shouldnt have done it. Feeling ripped off.

The question is, will non members stump up that much and beyond to fill the stadium?

Me feel, U2 should have been much nicer to its diehards.

Offline weinerdog

• Stateless
Re: Will non fan club members pay 180, for average seats?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 09:59:32 AM »
People will pay it and the band/mgmt knows it. They're simply keeping most $ out of the scalpers hands and getting the money themselves.

Offline Gavin82

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 10:00:58 AM »
TM has section L8 right now for 187 for London

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 11:18:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Im a fan club member, and got 3 average tix for a rip off today.

I shouldnt have done it. Feeling ripped off.

The question is, will non members stump up that much and beyond to fill the stadium?

Me feel, U2 should have been much nicer to its diehards.
Some of the diehards are not fan club members...due to finances. And, yes, non member-diehards will pay what they have to pay to go to the shows, if they are able.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 11:25:58 AM »
Of course they will.  They already ponied up to $250 for 360 seats.  They bumped the price up accordingly for this tour.

There are a lot of people thinking "this could be the last tour", and "they're finally doing my favorite album in full".  And their audience is older (and getting older every day), with more disposable income to spend on a nostalgia tour.  They'll buy tickets.

Waffles

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 11:28:37 AM »
Half the casual group will. Sadly most will get ripped off from scalpers

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 11:31:06 AM »
Of course they will.  They already ponied up to $250 for 360 seats.  They bumped the price up accordingly for this tour.

There are a lot of people thinking "this could be the last tour", and "they're finally doing my favorite album in full".  And their audience is older (and getting older every day), with more disposable income to spend on a nostalgia tour.  They'll buy tickets.
I am a diehard fan. I am not fan club member. I AM older...I DO NOT have any "disposable" income. I would buy tickets if there was any possible way to get there.

I'm happy for those who can afford to be club members, and for those who can afford to go to so many shows. But don't bash us old, poor folks, please! It's just insulting...

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 11:41:46 AM »

I am a diehard fan. I am not fan club member. I AM older...I DO NOT have any "disposable" income. I would buy tickets if there was any possible way to get there.

I'm happy for those who can afford to be club members, and for those who can afford to go to so many shows. But don't bash us old, poor folks, please! It's just insulting...

I'm not bashing anyone at all!  I thought I was painting a fairly accurate picture of myself there, actually.  Put it this way: 50-year olds have more disposable income--usually--than 20-year olds.  They use that money for fancy vacations, or in this case, an expensive concert.  It's not true of everyone, but I think it's true generally.

I wasn't a fanclub member, more out of principle than anything else--but I caved yesterday and bought a membership.  But whereas I would occasionally attend multiple shows in the past, I don't do that these days.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 11:47:24 AM »

I'm not bashing anyone at all!  I thought I was painting a fairly accurate picture of myself there, actually.  Put it this way: 50-year olds have more disposable income--usually--than 20-year olds.  They use that money for fancy vacations, or in this case, an expensive concert.  It's not true of everyone, but I think it's true generally.

I wasn't a fanclub member, more out of principle than anything else--but I caved yesterday and bought a membership.  But whereas I would occasionally attend multiple shows in the past, I don't do that these days.
Ok, sorry...I misunderstood.

Offline ozmodiar

• Stateless
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 11:57:51 AM »
There is more excitement from the casual fan for this tour. They had the tour announcement on the local news and after it finished, the anchors were all, "That sounds great!" and "I wanna go!" I don't think there was that kind of reaction to the i+e tour.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 12:12:13 PM »
They'll have no problem selling tix in the general sale, 2ndary & scalps.