Author Topic: Question to Canadians in Vancouver/Toronto/Calgary/Edmonton/Montreal/Winnipeg  (Read 5386 times)

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
I am wondering if any of your local radio stations are freaking about "a major concert announcement" on March 9?  Whenever we get something big here the radio stations start promoting about a week in advance at least.

I am hoping for some small miracle that they play in Regina but I am thinking I would have heard something already promoted on a radio station, knowing that if they say "March 9" then I know who it will be...

So, I'm wondering if any of you are hearing this especially in Toronto/Montreal/Vancouver where I'm sure they'll play?

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
The March 9 announcement will probably be for the first leg of the tour which is in Europe. The likely won't reach North America until September-ish.

• Airborne Ranger
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The March 9 announcement will probably be for the first leg of the tour which is in Europe. The likely won't reach North America until September-ish.

From what I read so far the March 9 announcement will be Europe and the first part of the US/Canada... (they usually come back and do more US on a later leg, don't they?)

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.

From what I read so far the March 9 announcement will be Europe and the first part of the US/Canada... (they usually come back and do more US on a later leg, don't they?)

Yes, the US typically gets two legs as of late.

• Airborne Ranger

Yes, the US typically gets two legs as of late.

That's why I'm really wondering as when I looked in years past it seemed like Canada was always in the first leg and then it was all US the second time they came back.  Wherever I go to see them it's at least a 7 hour drive (that would be if they play Calgary), Vancouver is a 2.5 hour plane trip for me.

Offline Achtung_Habs

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In the name of Love
Looks like Montreal just got shafted  ???

My best guess is that the stage design just doesn't fit under the roof of the Stadium, which is low compared to others

liewerizon

Disappointing to see that there is no Alberta dates on the first leg of the tour. Hopefully they will come to either Edmonton or Calgary next summer/fall.

mariamontreal

I do not believe that will not come to Montreal ,  where did you hear that ? I don't buy it, the Olympic Stadium seems high enough to me . You are not making my Monday morning .

Offline Achtung_Habs

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In the name of Love
I do not believe that will not come to Montreal ,  where did you hear that ? I don't buy it, the Olympic Stadium seems high enough to me . You are not making my Monday morning .

I look everywhere and every place I have for the dates, and Montreal is nowhere to be found...

mariamontreal

You are right , they are not coming to Montreal . All my hope is gone . How could they do that to a city that loves them so much and has so many fans ? You have no idea how disappointed I am . What were they thinking when they came up with this gigantic set ? Did they not realize it would only fit in certian stadiums? I can't believe they are doing this to our city . Toronto is 6 hrs away , not to metion the cost . I am pi**ed.I finally get access to presale tickets this time around and they are worth nothing to me . I jam crying while writing this , that is how sad I am . I have been looking forward these past 5 years to see them , they were what was keeping me going , I am devastated.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 08:06:05 AM by mariamontreal »

Offline Rico

• Babyface
Trust me they will add more Canadian dates, Montreal and Calgary will be part of the second leg!!!

mariamontreal

Rico I do hope you are right , you have no idea howt I am feeling right now . It's like my heart has been ripped out of me. I have a hard time believing they won't come here, we have the facilities. It makes no sense .

liewerizon

Rico, I hope you are right about Montreal and Calgary too. I am from Edmonton and will have no problem driving to catch a U2 show in Calgary. Still it sucks not seeing your cities on the initial tour dates list. It's going to suck even more having to wait that long to see them IF they do come.

For argument sake, don't you think it makes more sense for them to come to Edmonton rather than Calgary? Edmonton's Commonwealth Stadium is a "two-tiered" stadium with a 60,000+ capacity, a much bigger venue than Calgary's McMahon Stadium. Not that it matters much to fans from either cities where the concert would be held. I am sure fans would have no qualms about traveling to either Edm or Cal for a U2 show.

So Edmonton or Calgary, I dont care. Just come to Alberta!!! PLEASE!

mariamontreal

Forget it , it seems our Canadian cities are off the radar for U2 - after 30yrs of being loyal  fan and thousands of $ spent on them , this is the thanks,I am throwing in the towel . I hope all you fans have a great time at the concerts . I do not have a car or the money to travel and spend on seeing them elsewhere.  I just spent 100.00 on their deluxe editon , when I should have paid a bill instead So if anyone makes a comment about travelling 6 hrs to Toronto AND SPENDING TRAVEL, HOTEL, FOOD , & TICKET., I don't have it .

Offline Nagrom99

• Numb
  • I'm 25, trying to stay alive.....
Montreal and Edmonton will be part of the second leg....guaranteed.